• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to use the app, you can do the same thing from the desktop client.
Can't have Steam installed on work. :)

You can initiate the pre-load from your Steam Community games list. Well, there was an oversight where the remote install button wouldn't appear for pre-loadable games until you restarted the client, but I assume this has been fixed in the three-and-a-bit years since Valve launched the feature.
Thnx for info.

Knurek

Yeah let's be honest here that isn't happening on a card that is air cooled unless the die is flipping massive, requires less volts to run at the same frequencies you get now and has an incredible efficient heatsink with some rather large fans. Well unless you know how to bend the laws of physics. If you want silence and performance at the same time then you need to upgrade your cooling solution to at least rudimentary water cooling. EVGA do these which are, as the name implies, a hybrid solution where they are both air and water cooled.

AFAIK, 750TI is as fast as 660 or 570, right?
So, give or take a few years we might get 1350TI, which will be as fast as 970 while not requiring anything more than 75W TDP and a stock cooler that isn't even even spinning while idle. Which will be able to run anything from curgen consoles at 1080p60.
Just a question of time, right? Unless Intel kills NVIDIA first.

SEEP Universe (STEAM)
tradingcard

Dustoff Heli Rescue (STEAM)
tradingcard

Fighties (STEAM)
tradingcard

Siege Wars (STEAM)
tradingcard

Luckslinger (STEAM)
Ghost in the Machine (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

Not an interesting bundle.

Arthea

nice monday bundle again

Every Monday Bundle #74

Pay $1.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 6 Steam Games.

SEEP Universe (STEAM) +
Dustoff Heli Rescue (STEAM) +
Fighties (STEAM) +
Siege Wars (STEAM) +
Luckslinger (STEAM)
Ghost in the Machine (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

edited: that hurt, dammit why I even try?

+6 for me, that's pretty good.

I don't even remember bundle that had no games I own anymore, how come you still can find such still, I'm kinda jelly

derExperte

you are looking at it the wrong way, the best games in that particular bundle are Fighties and Siege Wars.

Luckslinger probably is OK, tho.

One looks like an Angry Birds clone, the other is a mp focused brawler and none of them is western themed. Trash confirmed.

Speaking of western, got my A Fistful of Gun and while it needs more polish the final release could be a must-have for western-action fans.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ghost in the Machine -- MB-9BB99CD08AB60170 - Taken by Loptous
Project Druid #2 -- MB-F3442E0D724F004D - Taken by BernardoOne
Dustoff Heli Rescue -- MB-422466E968A91457 - Taken by Mr. Doop
Siege Wars -- MB-1021B27FD34A0271 - Taken by Se7enSword
Project Druid -- MB-E68EED570EFE1BB5 - Taken by Eila - Taken by Arthea
Fighties -- MB-DEF96B294F930B5E - Taken by madjoki

Arthea

oh Jasec... I'm so sorry, I screwed this one up, I already have a game, totally forgot that I had. What do you want me to do?

derExperte

you still haven't worked on your definition of trash, I see, I thought we agreed you should!

I have. In a thread filled with clicker game addicts I feel like the last beacon for quality gaming and thus raised my standards even more. Don't let +1 trash rot your brains!

oh Jasec... I'm so sorry, I screwed this one up, I already have a game, totally forgot that I had. What do you want me to do?

I rest my case.

Arthea

you guys are so mean, to such a nice person as me. How can you live with yourselves after that?

also clicker games are fine, you don't really play them, you just let your addiction get some fun too.

edited: oh I got it, Experte hopes I'll give him Druid to spite his trash abstinence

r3n4ud

These games are looking for a good and safe home. Please, take care of them.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SEEP Universe -- MB-CFEE4EE533BF91EE - Taken by madjoki
Luckslinger -- MB-37AFA05CA4D14567 - Taken by derExperte
Siege Wars -- MB-F499AF27CF3DBAD9 - Taken by Kifimbo

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but that super duper edition is hella expensive!

Yeah, but, DLC. Since the game isn't scheduled to leave Early Access until next year, I might hold off and hope it's discounted during the Winter Sale. Almost all of the Early Access games I wanted to pick up during the Summer Sale weren't discounted, though. :(

Ludens

Banned
I don't know if I just suck on FPS, I didn't really play enough of them in my life, but I remember I managed to complete Doom 1, Doom 2, COD 1&2, Quake 4 with no trouble at all...with Return to Castle Wolfenstein on easiest difficulty I'm having a very hard life. The game has HUGE difficulty spikes, like The Forest level was almost impossible to do without allerting enemies, and I needed to spent 3 hours on it because everytime I reached the end of the level, the game won't let me enter the truck, saying I was missing an objective while I didn't really know what I was missing, since you only need to retrieve a sniper rifle in that level with some supplies I recovered each time.

Than, the game turns into Quake, with those hi-tech monsters doing an insane amount of damage and requiring like 6 rockets to go down.

And finally, the game is maze-like. Not like the first Wolfenstein, but find the exit from the level is not always an easy task.

FloatOn

I've been playing a ton of scholar of the first sin with a friend. Over the past week I've logged 28 hours

it's been sooo good.

so much so that I'm kind of eating my words on my critique of DS2.

Checked my account page on Funstock Digital to see if by some chance they had the codes up yet for Mad Max and it was there...didn't get an email saying it was up so if anyone here used that deal to pre-order from them you should check and see if your code is there too

Arthea

kindly thank Jasec not me, you can send him Saoirse pic instead too

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Project Druid -- MB-E68EED570EFE1BB5 - Taken by Eila

Dr Dogg

Been listening to various MegaMan tunes seeing as that's out soon and by jove my work output has increased exponentially!!!

Also got my first random scamming add in months. Took my by complete surprise due to that it's calmed down a fair old bit.

Eila

Right after I activate the key above I login to dailyindiegame and it's there.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Project Druid -- MB-84B0092CA198EB31 - Taken by MaxiLive

Nzyme32

Been listening to various MegaMan tunes seeing as that's out soon and by jove my work output has increased exponentially!!!

Also got my first random scamming add in months. Took my by complete surprise due to that it's calmed down a fair old bit.

Mega Man music has been amazing, at least for the NES games. As much as people hate it, I actually like some of the weirdness that came from Mega Man 4, such as Pharaoh Man's theme. Come to think of it, many NES games were really awesome for good music

Mega Man music has been amazing, at least for the NES games. As much as people hate it, I actually like some of the weirdness that came from Mega Man 4, such as Pharaoh Man's theme. Come to think of it, many NES games were really awesome for good music

I always thought Dust Man was one of the best. It fits the bleak landscape.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Ghost Recon Classic (read: The X-box original) has a flickering issue in full-screen mode now a days. Mostly because your framerate will be above the 60 in-game V-sync apparently. Setting it to windowed mode in the options.xml file fixes this but you can't make the window near native. :/

Also the menus are 640x480 (IIRC) while the gameplay itself is the resolution you set. WTF Ubisoft? I thought 640x480 wasn't a standard like... 15(?) years ago. Wasn't it 1240x768?

Nzyme32

I always thought Dust Man was one of the best. It fits the bleak landscape.

Yeah, really like that one too. Which also reminds me how much I like the music from the Dr Cossack stages and Dr Wily Stages, especially the second stage. I used to learn to play the guitar by working out how to play Mega Man stage themes and a few other NES games that are kind of obscure.

Ha, also just remembered that Pharaoh Man is awesome

Eila

Finally bought Payday 2. Turns out this DLC already comes with GOTY edition.
It's from one of the worst bundles I've been fooled into buying, IIRC.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

t1cxE6r.gif
PAYDAY 2: CLOVER CHARACTER PACK -- MB-637F86BD7DB415FC - Taken by Spirited

I also just activated 2 of the humble DLCs for Payday. Were they worth money? I could have lived without 4 masks, lol.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
After those review scores fell in for MGSV and what reviewers had to say about the game I feel like this week will be hella long, bruh.

Gotta be hip yo

The more gameplay focused "theme" of TPP seems like a good thing for me and that the gameplay elements are so well done is also what I think will drive me to replay all these missions (Guessing on some grinding like in PW), Good gameplay+grinding isn't even that bad.

Though I do understand why some people won't like having such sparse story and cutscenes, I havn't got a real answer to if it's sparse compared to other MGS games or if it's to other games in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom