• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
O hi, I am back after

Live and learn.
Welcome back. Almost thought you were a full goner.
Enjoy having a ton of gaming time during the college years. In my experience that amount of time drops off a cliff once you transition to being a functional adult.
Had a very different experience. Most gaming I did was during middle to high school. At college abrupt decline. And now a bit more but still a far cry from my youth.
Beat The Four Kings in Dark Souls. Something about not being able to see shit that made the fight really uneasy. Took me twice because I didn't realize I was trying to melee too far away.

Also....58 hours into Dark Souls and I finally have my DSFix settings looking really good.
They were a pain at first. Once I got frustrated I asked frost and used heavy armor and got up close fast. Was fairly easy that way.
Manus sucks.
WHAAAAT?! Manus was awesome! Probably my most beloved boss in the whole game!
So good once you figure out the different stages he goes through. Finally it clicks when to use the pendant. So satisfying.
Admitted, it took the longest to adapt to a boss but once you did, oh boy, the adrenaline rush when your every move, your every dodge, your every strike sits prefect... drooling internally.
Hey SteamGAF i am back from the bench :D While i was out i saw that you stared GOTY talk so i decided to see what can i do to make voting easier this year.

[...]pure incrediblness[..]
That is outstanding work sir!
Also, welcome back :)
Wn18WL0.jpg

The Universim
This looks incredible! Where does this great stuff come from all the time.

blahblahblah

Nice of you to skip the posts where I said you could verify that I took down Kalameet without taking damage.

some sad shit when I can have a better version of the game by using NullDC and hacking widescreen in.

But hey, this seems competent enough to pick up on sale somewhere down the line

Can't wait for the #PCMR lynch mob here.
Bad port, etc.

whatever happened to that skyrim toon graphics mod? was it fake or something?

Totally fake. I mean, it's not like someone could've released a preview of something they were still working on and then not have it available within a week or two.

Tizoc

some sad shit when I can have a better version of the game by using NullDC and hacking widescreen in.

But hey, this seems competent enough to pick up on sale somewhere down the line

It all comes down to what they can and cannot use in terms of providing the game on a service such as Steam.

Like maybe using stuf what NullDC uses may cause legal kurfaffule or some such.

Totally fake. I mean, it's not like someone could've released a preview of something they were still working on and then not have it available within a week or two.

:| when it was posted on gaf the "modder" said he'd be releasing it in a few hours, its been like what, 2 weeks and i haven't heard or seen anything from it. Could it have gotten delayed? sure but it could have also been just a prank, which is why I'm asking.

This looks incredible! Where does this great stuff come from all the time.

With a slogan like that, if ever there was a game that could have used the over-used Kanye West song from video game trailers, it was that one...but they didn't. They do give you the Inception horns in the trailer though...

Dr Dogg

Hacknet QL http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-hacknet/2300-10626/

Love how GB went from being a mainly console focused site to releasing PC indie QL after PC indie QL.

I always thought the mantra behind the creation of Giant Bomb is that they wouldn't cover everything released but just the titles they wanted to play and talk about. There's always been a decent mix of big budget and niche titles that they've focused on, I mean we got 2 Endurance Runs of titles (Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition) that unless you're 'One of Us!' would have probably slipped most people by. Granted though over the last couple of years they have been a more and more PC focused outlet and have featured quite a few I guess what we could call medium sized budget or mid tier games.

Parsnip

Hm. Was kinda hoping with recent Spencer talks about PC gaming that GoW would be available on both Steam and WinStore.

Well, they haven't specifically said no, afaik. At this point people are assuming it's Win10 store exclusive because, well, duh. But until someone specifically says no, or the game actually comes out, we don't know.

I personally think it will release in both stores.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of new footage, there is a new, HQ Quantum Break Gamescom video on Gamersyde. Since many assume it'll come to PC at some point alá Alan Wake, I think it's cool to post it.

Effects are gorgeous but man does it looks a lot more blurry than I expected. So unsharp.

MS owns QB outright. Alan Wake the IP is owned by Remedy and the game itself, I believe, is split between it and MS. But, hey, you never know.

Dr Dogg

I'm pretty sure Phil will want to continue the conversation about Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming later because I've heard him say that about a dozen times already. If Microsoft was my fiancée I'd have dumped them already, the non-committal scallywag!

MS owns QB outright. Alan Wake the IP is owned by Remedy and the game itself, I believe, is split between it and MS. But, hey, you never know.
Dang, so it is a different situation to Alan Wake? You break my heart Jase. One of the very few games making Xbox interesting.

BundleStars Cryptic Bundle 3

Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil - Premium Edition
Dreamscapes - Nightmare's Heir - Premium Edition
Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition
Sacra Terra: Angelic Night
New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia CE
Lost Lands: Dark Overlord CE
Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen CE
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes - Collector's Edition

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
New BundleStars