• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is there a new bundlestars bundle?

Weird that you would have missed it, here let me get it for you again.

BundleStars Cryptic Bundle 3

Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil - Premium Edition
Dreamscapes - Nightmare's Heir - Premium Edition
Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition
Sacra Terra: Angelic Night
New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia CE
Lost Lands: Dark Overlord CE
Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen CE
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes - Collector's Edition

New BundleStars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/cryptic-bundle-3/

mmmhhhhh, Hidden Object games :D

edit: *shakes fist*

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/cryptic-bundle-3/

Eila

Well I just downloaded Granda II, I guess the port was handled by SkyBox of AoE II and AoM HD fame so it shouldn't be a tragedy... I hope.
Edit: off to a good start, no x-input support so 360 stick and shoulder buttons are not detected.
Aaaaaaand it doesn't even boot.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looks like they havent gave the files to everyone, theres over a 1gb of files on steam database but they have only released 320mb, so basically we have basic files like redistrib and nothing more lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know if I just suck on FPS, I didn't really play enough of them in my life, but I remember I managed to complete Doom 1, Doom 2, COD 1&2, Quake 4 with no trouble at all...with Return to Castle Wolfenstein on easiest difficulty I'm having a very hard life. The game has HUGE difficulty spikes, like The Forest level was almost impossible to do without allerting enemies, and I needed to spent 3 hours on it because everytime I reached the end of the level, the game won't let me enter the truck, saying I was missing an objective while I didn't really know what I was missing, since you only need to retrieve a sniper rifle in that level with some supplies I recovered each time.

Than, the game turns into Quake, with those hi-tech monsters doing an insane amount of damage and requiring like 6 rockets to go down.

And finally, the game is maze-like. Not like the first Wolfenstein, but find the exit from the level is not always an easy task.
I'd skip rtcw, it's a turd of a campaign on every level.

Arthea

I'm all kinds of happy now that mangagamer bundle had no preorder, I wouldn't be happy me myself if I preodered that
at least Milamber got a bundle all for himself finally!

Jazz573

For you pervs who want an actually good bundle, MangaGamer has it's own sale. Don't worry, the sale page is SFW. However, if you go onto the main site, that won't be the case. :p

I'm all kinds of happy now that mangagamer bundle had no preorder, I wouldn't be happy me myself if I preodered that
at least Milamber got a bundle all for himself finally!

I dunno, 50% off Deardrops seems like a good deal to me. :p

Well I see that whole "MGSV FOB is locked behind microtransactions" article Gamespot put up has been debunked now. Why couldn't they just contact Konami and get an answer before publishing an article based solely on assumptions?

"We couldn't do something so it must be because of X, Y, and Z"

That wouldn't make any sense though, there's no need to unlock via VPN because it unlocks for everyone at the same time...

I was about to say the same thing.

Well I see that whole "FOB is locked behind microtransactions" article Gamespot put up has been debunked now. Why couldn't they just contact Konami and get an answer before publishing an article based solely on assumptions?

"We couldn't do something so it must be because of X, Y, and Z"

Jim just posted his video about that too. Welp.

derExperte

How Poly Bridge is constructing a viral hit

Corrieri is keeping an eye on his game, despite the sudden success. And it's selling well, too, "The exact specific of numbers can't be disclosed because of legal mumble jumble, but SteamSpy is a statistical-based web site that analyses games on Steam to draw a guess on how many copies have been activated to date, and it's surprisingly accurate. At the time of writing, one month after the Early Access release, SteamSpy tells me Poly Bridge has roughly 48,000 owners."

Asgaro

Does anyone know a list of games that do NOT work on Windows 10?
In particular: indie games that were released between about 5 years ago and now.

I plan on using my laptop for gaming for at least 6 months.
In that time, I plan to complete all my indie games I have in my backlog.
(I'll be taking my 22" monitor, keyboard and gaming mouse with me, to at least have the same level of immersion.)

Benefits being:
- indies are mostly short so I will be ticking games off like crazy.
- they aren't graphics wise really pushing it.
I just tested my laptop since I have never used it for gaming before but I know it's quite a beast: it can run Half Life 2 on all settings Max, with 2xMSAA at 1080p, at about 90 - 110 FPS most of the time.

I was originally going to upgrade this laptop to Win 10 while keeping my desktop on Win 7 till the free upgrade period nearly ends.
But now due to a change of plan, I'll be gone from my desktop 5 out of 7 days a week starting end of September.

So now is the question: do I upgrade my laptop to Win 10 or not?

edit: Staying with Win 7 on my laptop as well. (Until the free upgrade period nearly ends.)

$3 TIER
Ruby Striker
Warrior Princess Asuka
$10 TIER
Slave Witch April
Touma Kojirou’s Detective File - Murder at the Opera House
Sandwiched by my wife and her sister
$20 TIER
DEARDROPS

https://groupees.com/vn3

IMG_7865.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Anteater

ooo i found the effect that could help with the color banding in the witcher 3, it's the deband shader in the latest Reshade under CustomFX.cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom