• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble Humongous mobile bundle
TIER 3: 11$
  • Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo
  • Putt-Putt Joins the Circus
  • Putt-Putt Enters the Race
  • Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
  • Freddi Fish: Haunted Schoolhouse
  • Freddi Fish & the Stolen Shell
  • Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide
  • Pajama Sam Thunder & Lightning
  • + 75% off coupon off 1 Humongous Steam purchase

I didn't grow up on these games so i dont have any nostalgia for them but this looks like a damn fine deal for those who love these games

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Honestly from his tweets I get this sort of vibe like "I can't flat out say that it will be released early because Konami" so he speaks in riddles. Perhaps that is wishful thinking on my part, either that or he is clueless. Regardless, if I can't download TPP until Store update on the first I am going to rage.

Metal Gear isn't just a video game. It's a lifestyle. It's an ethos. I'll be damned if I am unable to play my pachislots in Mother Base.

Store update time isn't that bad, we in eu gets it like 7PM which is pretty nice even.

Though I have no idea what timezone you are in Oz.

Besiege is on sale for $5

qIoLBje.gif
3656DF843B4494B0F1D59614D7B15ABC1EDED175

9AA3E7F6FCA7038121359B35C7EB83450229B568
ySDec5n.jpg

cLvLGoM.gif
KnightMincerGifBig.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't feel the need to play a new game exactly when it comes out.

But I get where the contention is coming from.

I like making the PC perf. threads, but I'm occasionally beaten to the punch thanks to screenshots of the graphics settings being released ahead of the game itself. Come to think of it, I've made a handful of them now but not a single one is for AssCreed. :( Maybe 2015 will be my year.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
with grandia 2 now on steam, what other games similar are worth look at ?

Whoosh!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -- MB-B251B8834DC9936B - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.
Portal of Evil -- MB-13BCD4BD2D038A68 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-E23E65650C2B6232 - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.
Fort Defense -- MB-86F0B1C8AF354570 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.

t1440443648z1.png

Salsa

man that "can I play MGSV without the others" thread is weird

"why" "dont bother" "you shouldnt"

talk about disencouraging people. its the first game on many platforms. I really doubt you suddenly cant get anything out of it if its your first mgs. just read a summary and youll be as lost as the rest

the fanboy is strong

talk about disencouraging people. its the first game on many platforms. I really doubt you suddenly cant get anything out of it if its your first mgs. just read a summary and youll be as lost as the rest

the fanboy is strong

I've been playing MGS 1 myself now for the first time now, getting annoyed at being stuck at
the torture scene, I don't want to submit but I cannot button mash fast enough at all.
, had put the game down for a while before now.

Anteater

the fanboy is strong

what are you talking about

Sober

Somehow, watch_dogs: Bad Blood is actually good in most aspects that watch_dogs itself wasn't. If they announced a sequel it might not actually half bad. But it probably still will be. And the story DLC only redeems the game on a story end, the game itself is still pretty much the same and meh to me.

Ludens

Banned
I've been playing MGS 1 myself now for the first time now, getting annoyed at being stuck at
the torture scene, I don't want to submit but I cannot button mash fast enough at all.
, had put the game down for a while before now.

Torture scenes in MG games are REALLY, and I mean, REALLY hard. Always. I still remember the torture mission in PW. I needed to S rank it, I lost two days trying because mashing the button was way too hard. Really, I got stucked 2 days in a mashing sequence.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Somehow, watch_dogs: Bad Blood is actually good in most aspects that watch_dogs itself wasn't. If they announced a sequel it might not actually half bad. But it probably still will be. And the story DLC only redeems the game on a story end, the game itself is still pretty much the same and meh to me.

I really, really, really wish the MP component didn't spill over into the completion tracker. If there's a sequel and Ubi confirms the completion tracker is MP-free, then I may revisit the original and complete the SP side of things.

Ozium

Torture scenes in MG games are REALLY, and I mean, REALLY hard. Always. I still remember the torture mission in PW. I needed to S rank it, I lost two days trying because mashing the button was way too hard. Really, I got stucked 2 days in a mashing sequence.

MGS2 Torture Sequence on European EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME.

ProTip: Use a Spoon or a Lighter or something and just rub it over the button. Use your forearm and not your wrist.

I got it this time though, so things are looking up.

Parsnip

I've seen people say that "No pre-load for TPP is better than getting the game two weeks later" as though those are the only two possible outcomes. Even if the game data hasn't been finalised, just flip the switch three days before release and have folks download the modified data come launch day. It's not rocket surgery.

It's scientifically proven to be Rocket Peace.

dex3108

I really don't know if it is because i didn't played CoD MP since MW2 but BO3 Beta is fun (even with gamepad). It is fast and fluid game. Only bad thing are invisible walls. Even thou you can reach some edges you are stopped by invisible wall. If you can try PC beta that starts in 2 days :D

P.S. Mad Max EULA is really long XD

http://store.steampowered.com/eula/234140_eula_0

4.Consent to Monitor. When the Game is running, WB Games may monitor your computer for the use of programs that violate Section 1. You hereby grant WB Games permission to monitor your computer for purposes of identifying such use and communicating potential violations to WB Games.

5.DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE GAME IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGMMENT AND AVAILABILITY.

6.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GAME OR ANY USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, DISRUPTION OF SERVICE OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GAME (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE GAME). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. In no event shall WB Games' aggregate liability, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, exceed the total fees paid by you to WB Games during the six (6) months immediately prior to the time such claim arose.

7.INDEMNIFICATION. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY, INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, ARISING FROM, OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE GAME.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition -- MB-36DB534D2F1E2CD2 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes - Collector's Edition -- MB-6CA683972D66186C - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.

t1440445628z1.png

Dr Dogg

I really don't know if it is because i didn't played CoD MP since MW2 but BO3 Beta is fun (even with gamepad). It is fast and fluid game. Only bad thing are invisible walls. Even thou you can reach some edges you are stopped by invisible wall. If you can try PC beta that starts in 2 days :D

P.S. Mad Max EULA is really long XD

http://store.steampowered.com/eula/234140_eula_0

dex are you saying you've betrayed the Creed of the Steam thread and played the console beta?

Also you should check out the Uplay EULA

http://store.steampowered.com//eula/289650_eula_0

Dr Dogg

Yes i am weak :(

And damn i really should start reading those EULAs XD Maybe i even agreed to donate my organs to some executive, who knows :D

It's alright I had a bash round a mates house on Saturday. Well enough to know I suck at COD now that a fart in your general direction can kill you. But shhhh don't tell the others.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That Humongous mobile bundle is weird:
- In all previous mobile-only bundles, the minimum tier was PWYW, not $1+
- No Humble Bundle has ever held Steam keys hostage for a higher tier for games offered in the lower tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom