• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Team Fortress is older than I am?

Now I feel old...

tumblr_meqw3qkRbQ1qh59n0o1_500.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The "Gaming-related things that make you feel old" thread made me realise that there are adults waiting for Half-Life 3 who were still in primary school when Episode Two released.

Hinomura

Copied the Steam link even in the programdata startup path (besides shell:startup) and no luck.

It simply doesn't launch at startup :D

It's TRIPLE in task manager > startup, (programdata/shell/and flagged to load on startup in Steam settings) but it doesn't load at all.

I suspect the only current available solution is using that startup delayer, but I wouldn't. Or, reinstalling Steam, at this point...

I suspect the only current available solution is using that startup delayer, but I wouldn't. Or, reinstalling Steam, at this point...

Since your icon seems proper fuct, this was going to be my next suggestion. It shouldn't much with anything if you leave the steamapps library folder wherever you have it and just make sure to point the new install to that library location.

Maniac

Banned
help me pick a game to play guys, i want to play all of em :x

Bioshock 2
Evil Within
Type-0

Don't listen to the fools; TEW is a bad RE-esque game, whilst Bioshock 2 is basically an improved version of Bioshock 1.

... On the gameplay front, storywise it's... Not great. Although the Minerva's Den expansion is really solid on that front.

Turfster

Man, Dark Storm looked interesting, so I figured I'd try the VR demo they put on Steam.
It's... rough. Very, very rough. Incredibly rough.
As in, you get stuck on random bits of geometry, even ones you should be able to just... walk off, that connect to the level you want to walk to, even.
There's no jump, but some kind of roll, that can just get you stuck in geometry.
There's invisible walls halfway up staircases.

"Press E to use" prompt.
E does fucking nothing, until you turn aside from where you get the prompt and actually look at a thing beside where you're standing (which doesn't have the prompt any more)

Enemies can see and shoot you through walls.
Guns sometimes spawn in these vr missions, sometimes they don't!

Also, doesn't seem to actually use its own fucking UDK ini files, so you're stuck with unchangeable controls.

This... this is not a good demo to get people to give you money for kickstarter, guys.

Hinomura

Since your icon seems proper fuct, this was going to be my next suggestion. It shouldn't much with anything if you leave the steamapps library folder wherever you have it and just make sure to point the new install to that library location.
Yep, to be sure I moved steamapps and userdata outside its folder, then uninstalled Steam.
Now the reinstalling game.

Maybe I had this problem because Steam has been updated for almost eight years from the first installation in this PC... and then probably something that was a little messy, messed up even more from 7 to 10.

-MD-

Don't listen to the fools; TEW is a bad RE-esque game, whilst Bioshock 2 is basically an improved version of Bioshock 1.

... On the gameplay front, storywise it's... Not great. Although the Minerva's Den expansion is really solid on that front.

1bb778.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Minerva's Den has a better story than Bioshock 1 and pretty much every other game currently released that I have played. "Really solid" is an understatement.

Turn in your #PCMR badge and get the fuck out of here.
I thought using "Master Race" rhetoric was bannable?

I think pre-loads would be more common even among indie devs if Valve still didn't have to change release states and unlock times manually, and I find it rather odd that this and key generation are still areas that have not yet incorporated into the Steam Partners frontend (well, there is a "Request CD keys" button, but it should really be "Generate CD keys" instead).

Yeah, that wouldn't be surprising.

Edit:

Pre-order subs are replaced with their post-release equivalents when a game unlocks, plus the game is still set to unlock at 10am PT worldwide despite Peeler's tweets being almost a week old. While Valve has to adjust unlock times itself, you'd think that would have been done by now if Konami's intention is to have the game unlock in NZ first/when it's September 1st in NZ. Peeler saying the pre-purchase period runs until 10am PT + the game being set to unlock at exactly that time everywhere has me think there's been a misunderstanding on his part and New Zealand isn't the basis of anything.
Man, I've been planning my Monday around starting the download just as I leave for work so it will be ready for when I get home. Might have to setup the ol' LogMeIn so I can do it from my tablet at work I guess :(

MRORANGE

More Smach Zero

Okay the SOC is going to be at 1.0-1.2GHz dual core with GPU frequency of max at 333mhz (more around 250mhz), DDR3 is clocked either at 1066/1333/1600 - honestly most likely 1333 or lower.

That's the only feasible result from that table without it catching on fire or only lasting 5 minutes of play.

Shit... this is gonna flop.[/QUOTE]

Salsa

apparently I cant sign up for the Rocket League tournament cause there's a cap and I was waiting on partner confirmation

legitimacy of being the "GAF champion" through winning it is now obviously null

Hinomura

Lol it didn't work. It won't start.

At this point the only thing that could matter is... Steam is not installed in windows hd (C:\) but directly on another drive... moving again steamapps... uninstalling it and reinstalling it on C:\

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It's funny, their stupid little "fill in the meter for more rewards" is the very reason why I haven't pre-ordered it. Instead of incentivizing me to pre-order for the hope of some reward they just ensured I won't.

You want to guarantee me a copy of TOS? I'd preorder right now. You want to hide it behind some nonsense? I'll keep my money until the bar hits 100%.

Momentary

Banned
they do... AUG-COUPITAD-PRE30

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/mad-max-steam-key-pc-download

I ordered from them the day the deal was first known on here...got my code this morning

Yeah should still be going.

FYI it goes for as little as 18 pounds with the code.

Done... Couldn't pass that up...

Now to buy Metal Gear Solid, Velocity 2X, and Grandia 2. MY WALLET!!!!
It's funny, their stupid little "fill in the meter for more rewards" is the very reason why I haven't pre-ordered it. Instead of incentivizing me to pre-order for the hope of some reward they just ensured I won't.

You want to guarantee me a copy of TOS? I'd preorder right now. You want to hide it behind some nonsense? I'll keep my money until the bar hits 100%.

I'll help it get there for ya!

The game looks like it's right up my alley in terms of gameplay. Finally, something a little more tolerable story and character design-wise than Nep Nep and Fairy Fencer. Game also looks like it's going to get good use of my F12 key abilities.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Same here. I'm actually thinking of waiting to pick up a physical copy
on the PS4
when it goes on sale. If they announced from the outset that it would include a Steam copy of Symphonia for sure, I would have already bought it.

Dr Dogg

I almost posted in that thread and said, they didn't have achievements when I was a child. But then I read the OP and didn't post at all.

Back before Achievements were a certifiable thing I can remember setting myself some stupid challenges to do whilst playing certain games. Now some games I can't even be bothered to do the proper achievements.

Oh yeah and I forgot to post this last were but here you go

fnbVA6D.png

It is kinda deceiving because the first 2 rewards filled up like the motherfucking Fist of the North Star and the last one feels like a fight in DBZ...

More Smach Zero

Okay the SOC is going to be at 1.0-1.2GHz dual core with GPU frequency of max at 333mhz (more around 250mhz), DDR3 is clocked either at 1066/1333/1600 - honestly most likely 1333 or lower.

That's the only feasible result from that table without it catching on fire or only lasting 5 minutes of play.

Shit... this is gonna flop.

Is that the Steam handheld thing?

Momentary

Banned
I think I'm about done with that FPS Police crap. I'm going to unfollow them. Grandia was never 60FPS and there really isn't anything one can do about it since it's tied to game logic. Plus, I feel like I'm pretty well-informed when it comes to these matters that I don't need help in knowing whether or not a game runs at a certain frame-rate. Plus, when it comes to titles like Grandia II and Final Fantasy Type-0, I think I can kind of give their ports some leeway since they are either damn old or created on toasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom