• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Wayforward announced a new Mighty Switch Force game coming to Early Access tomorrow..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350210/

header.jpg

but uhhh it aint what you think

still interested in seeing how it ends up

Arthea

Because playing CoD doesn't make you a real gamer.

(nor does playing Gone Home either, apparently)

both statements are actually true, you can consider me senile or something.

Ahhhhhh! What on earth have I inadvertently stumbled upon?!?!? (Ground Zeroes and fiddling related hijinx)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b_Zc5w2rGo

Both hilarious and horrifying.

I should have went to sleep as planned before wandering into this mine field

Dsyndrome

Raid time, clicker people. Should last two seconds max.

I see. When your time goes out, you're done. Someone else can pick up my slack, it looks like. I'm not spending ten rubies on him.

Arrested Development is great and all but people put it way too much on a pedestal sometimes. It'll never be your generation's Seinfeld, get over it. This generation's Seinfeld is The Big Bang Theory, like it or not.

Conversely there are probably perfectly normal people that are wondering why you haven't seen Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory yet. What is your excuse?

I've seen those too. On average, Big Bang Theory is okay and Modern Family is actually pretty good.

They're not really close to the level of attention that the writing of Arrested Development has, though. Community was ("was?" *cries*) pretty great though.

Sch1sm

In other words, why even buy Mad Max at all?

We are good at putting money into things.

But really, the price cuts to it on other retailers (GMG VIP/Funstock). Can't we get it for something like $27 currently? Probably why.

Do it for the +1.

Annubis

Conversely there are probably perfectly normal people that are wondering why you haven't seen Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory yet. What is your excuse?

As a nerd, I don't get the funny part of The Big Bang theory because it's like a mundane discussion that goes on and on with most of the punchlines being « ... BUT SCIENCE AH HA! »

Sch1sm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
Besiege is the cheapest it has ever been, including last steam summer sales

Yeah, this was mentioned the other day. We're still baffled by how they said the price would raise as more content is introduced, but the price drop occured at the time of their latest patch which brought quite a bit more into the game.

It's even worth it at full price. I'm terrible at it, but it's so fun. Gotta thank Shadownet for putting me on it like 6 months ago.

Sober

We are good at putting money into things.

But really, the price cuts to it on other retailers (GMG VIP/Funstock). Can't we get it for something like $27 currently? Probably why.

Do it for the +1.
Nah, I did SoM day 1 on GMG, but I ended up playing and then never picking up the season pass or anything of that. I think I'll just wait for a bundle. WB can just pack it all together when they're done with it. I imagine full price GTA5 would be better use of my time and money anyway.

Looking back, Shadow of Mordor was really not that great, it just happened to show up in a time of year where there were no games and I didn't care enough about my backlog.

Also I'm probably just burned out on open world a bit, and Mad Max doesn't look appealing at all, nor do I care much about the franchise (in all fairness I didn't watch MMFR yet) to buy it on that alone. Avalanche doing the port, sure, but they didn't make the game. But hey, not gonna lie, the melee combat looks nice.

Sch1sm

Nah, I did SoM day 1 on GMG, but I ended up playing and then never picking up the season pass or anything of that. I think I'll just wait for a bundle. WB can just pack it all together when they're done with it. I imagine full price GTA5 would be better use of my time and money anyway.

Looking back, Shadow of Mordor was really not that great, it just happened to show up in a time of year where there were no games and I didn't care enough about my backlog.

Also I'm probably just burned out on open world a bit, and Mad Max doesn't look appealing at all, nor do I care much about the franchise (in all fairness I didn't watch MMFR yet) to buy it on that alone. Avalanche doing the port, sure, but they didn't make the game. But hey, not gonna lie, the melee combat looks nice.

In all honesty, that last bit telling you to do it was more in jest. I didn't really like Mad Max: Fury Road to start (cue the OMG WTF HOW), so I don't have any urge to pick up the game myself. Considering how little it costs now, it'll probably be in optimal buying range by winter sale and then bundled next year. That's my bet. Probably still won't buy it, since my backlog needs to be reduced instead of added to.

GTA V was great. Would recommend. Have 3 copies across console since the PC delay made me just pick it up on xbone. You'll probably get more of a time:money value on it, too.

Sober

Well I'm almost done with watch_dogs so I guess like those dumb ads back when that came out now I can go to Los Santos lol

Dsyndrome

Achievements are still broken with Witcher 3, been trying to get the Fist of the South Star achievement periodically through the weekend with the different patches, no joy.

I hate the person that I've become because I won't play a game with broken achievements. I never used to be this way.

:| show sucks, don't see whats the big deal about it. does it have a few good eps? sure, but overall the show is poop
Saw him do standup last week, funny a shit. Seinfeld is also funnier than Big Bang Theory ever was or will be.

Arrested Development is great and all but people put it way too much on a pedestal sometimes. It'll never be your generation's Seinfeld, get over it. This generation's Seinfeld is The Big Bang Theory, like it or not.

Of course it won't be this generation's Seinfeld...

...Because it's a fantastic show that's actually genuinely funny.

So you're right, TBBT is definitely this generation's Seinfeld.
Anything with a laugh track is trash.

Achievements are still broken with Witcher 3, been trying to get the Fist of the South Star achievement periodically through the weekend with the different patches, no joy.

I hate the person that I've become because I won't play a game with broken achievements. I never used to be this way.

Saw him do standup last week, funny a shit. Seinfeld is also funnier than Big Bang Theory ever was or will be.
mannn i remember one of my uncles telling me he likes the big bang theory, it made me a so mad, he constantly criticizes what i like and then he watches that shitty ass show and swears to god its the best thing on tv. Don't watch tv with him, it bothers me. he laughs when he hears the fake laughing in shows, you know, the ones that tell you that whatever just happened was supposed to make you laugh >_>
Because Seinfield set up what other sitcoms do now. If you are young then it might seen "lame", but it is very likely Seinfield did it first at some point.
kunk-rum.gif
yea i can see that probably being the reason i don't like it.

Finished Witcher 3 after 50 hours with the ending that it's the best imho. Only thing that I didn't like very much is that apparently the different ending changes only with the choices you make in the last missions and not the one through the entire game.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (and The New Order for that matter) is one of those games that makes me think id Tech 5 could have been something big if they had hammered out a lot of the problems with it. The art direction and how it uses the benefits of the engine and the mega textures is really great. I'm probably going to play The Evil Within when this is over and get the last of those big 30-50gb id Tech 5 games off my HDD.

Tenrius

Played a bit of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek and it's actually pretty good. Never though I'd get into a hidden object game, but it is, of course, much more that just that. Pretty creepy at times.

Have also been playing the GOG version of Might and Magic III. I thought I'd have trouble getting into it, but it's actually a really nice RPG, not overly complex or anything, even a bit on the easy side. The graphics also look pretty great (and no wonder — it's a VGA game; I normally don't mind VGA graphics at all, despite sometimes often having issues with EGA/CGA). The sense of adventure and exploration is great and it's a world literally packed with interesting (genuinely interesting, not Assassin's Creed or TES kind of interesting) thing. I mean, just look at this map:

All the squares on the map are actual places you can visit (this system is actually used in-game: when you use the map, it tells you that you are in square, A-1, A-2 and so on) and there are dungeons, unique monsters, monster outposts you have to destroy to stop monsters from respawning, secret stashes, NPCs, hidden quests, castles, towns and much more. The only blobber-style game I previously had exposure to was Lands of Lore, which is great, but M&M is entirely different and fantastic in its own way.

Maniac

Banned
Minerva's Den has a better story than Bioshock 1 and pretty much every other game currently released that I have played. "Really solid" is an understatement.

Then you haven't played enough games. Although I'd definitely put it in my top 10, to be honest. And I've played the fuck out of videogames the past 15 years. I used to beat the shit out of my bro in Alien versus Predator when I was 5.
guys stop posting

I truly dont wanna know that im posting in a place full of teens that havent seen fuckin arrested development

this is gettin worse by the minute

I'm officially not in my teens as of two weeks ago!

And I watched Arrested Development back in 2003!

Still haven't watched all of the new season though. :/

Michael Cera does not fucking age, ever, though.

Played a bit of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek and it's actually pretty good. Never though I'd get into a hidden object game, but it is, of course, much more that just that. Pretty creepy at times.

Agreed. Shame about Enigmatis 2, though...
Nobody reads my impressions

The Evil Within actually has generally good textures so it doesn't feel like an Id Tech 5 game, or at least have as many of the major flaws.

Mega Man in a few hours and Until Dawn tomorrow on consoles. So many games, so little time. My monitor has either 1 or 2 ms of input lag so I'll finally have no excuse to be terrible at Mega Man games.

Tenrius

Man, the bad qi fight in Shadowrun Hong Kong is some bullshit.
Totally unbalanced fight out of nowhere.

Just like the original with its
bug cult
thing, huh.

I never finished the original (also I did pass the aforementioned thing), just sort of lost interest. Actually, it's pretty interesting how unmemorable a game it turned out to be, especially given its unique setting and great production values. I usually remember games really well and it's only been two years since I played it on release, but I don't really remember much about what was going there (well, I am able recall most of the plot details and events if I think hard enough, but none of them are particularly interesting). I hear the sequels/expansions are much better, but yeah, wasn't that game a disappointment.

Maniac

Banned

Seinfeld is, for the most part, terrible.

Just like TBBT.

Modern Family is pretty good though, in my opinion.

And Louie, don't forget Louie. People gotta fucking watch Louie.

And Wilfred. That shit is great.
To prove once and for all that millennials are terrible (as I am one, I can attest to that).

Can't disagree with that, most of us are outright awful.
Not sure but maybe HIMYM is this gens Seinfeld. Since that is shit as well.

Hm, true. HIMYM goes toe-to-toe with TBBT on being terrible.

Hi guys in the last few days I've been noticing some of the cards in hearthstone flicker little blacks areas every few seconds on occasion, its most obvious in my collection while browsing cards.

Whats strange though is it seems to only happen at 1440p, anything lower and its fine, anyone else noticed this?

Sch1sm

Hi guys in the last few days I've been noticing some of the cards in hearthstone flicker little blacks areas every few seconds on occasion, its most obvious in my collection while browsing cards.

Whats strange though is it seems to only happen at 1440p, anything lower and its fine, anyone else noticed this?

Wrong thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom