• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Man there are sold old people on GAF. I would have figured everyone would at the most be 25. Didn't think older people played videogames.

tmarg

More Smach Zero

Okay the SOC is going to be at 1.0-1.2GHz dual core with GPU frequency of max at 333mhz (more around 250mhz), DDR3 is clocked either at 1066/1333/1600 - honestly most likely 1333 or lower.

That's the only feasible result from that table without it catching on fire or only lasting 5 minutes of play.

Shit... this is gonna flop.

Were there actually people expecting it not to flop?

Sober

Man there are sold old people on GAF. I would have figured everyone would at the most be 25. Didn't think older people played videogames.
People leave gaming side and go to OT. Gaming is full of younger fellows who haven't grown old of the dumb shit that goes on in gaming side.

Hell, if anything I think most people in this forum (counter off-topic) are on average close to thirty than anything else.

I have nothing to back this up, but it is what I feel when I read this forum. Gaming on average is probably close to teen/early twenties, and off-topic with the older average.

Dr Dogg

I think I'm about done with that FPS Police crap. I'm going to unfollow them. Grandia was never 60FPS and there really isn't anything one can do about it since it's tied to game logic. Plus, I feel like I'm pretty well-informed when it comes to these matters that I don't need help in knowing whether or not a game runs at a certain frame-rate. Plus, when it comes to titles like Grandia II and Final Fantasy Type-0, I think I can kind of give their ports some leeway since they are either damn old or created on toasters.

There was a great thread on Stack years ago that explained some of the reasons why single platform games used fixed timesteps (things like Pong Consoles for example where the game was essentially altered specifically for the hardware and CPU frequency) but fuck knows if I can find that at this time of night. There was also a couple of good articles I've read regards to delta time but fixed physics (lots of the middleware physics engines like Havok and Box2D are like this) so you don't get unpredictable behaviour in your simulation. Glenn Fiedler also had an excellent article on I guess his blog titled Fix Your Timestep. Dude's been around the block and worked at Irrational many moons ago before moving to Sony Santa Monica and I think he worked on TitanFall last.

Turfster

Sp5b3RC.gif

Sober

I think I'm about done with that FPS Police crap. I'm going to unfollow them. Grandia was never 60FPS and there really isn't anything one can do about it since it's tied to game logic. Plus, I feel like I'm pretty well-informed when it comes to these matters that I don't need help in knowing whether or not a game runs at a certain frame-rate. Plus, when it comes to titles like Grandia II and Final Fantasy Type-0, I think I can kind of give their ports some leeway since they are either damn old or created on toasters.
Waifu Hunter is still the best use of the curator system anyway.

christ evil within is hard :( chainsaw guy in chapter 3 ate 3 explosive arrows right to his damn head and came running at me after like if i did shit to him

Caerith

You've just taken your first step into a larger world.

Waifu Hunter is still the best use of the curator system anyway.

This is fact.

Salsa

guys stop posting

I truly dont wanna know that im posting in a place full of teens that havent seen fuckin arrested development

this is gettin worse by the minute

cyba89

People leave gaming side and go to OT. Gaming is full of younger fellows who haven't grown old of the dumb shit that goes on in gaming side.

So do these threads about other peoples pooping habits actually get interesting when you grow older?

Soulflarz

Banned
how'd you get an account anyway? a bit young for a paid email, no?

Yeah, my first email was like when I was 5 or so, my dad set it up under our ISP. Worked for me, I consider myself pretty lucky that I had a email account that was accepted.

Yes I've loved tech my whole life whoops

Type-0

with a controller

You are going against everything PC stands for.
Are you proud of yourself?

Yep, to be sure I moved steamapps and userdata outside its folder, then uninstalled Steam.
Now the reinstalling game.

Maybe I had this problem because Steam has been updated for almost eight years from the first installation in this PC... and then probably something that was a little messy, messed up even more from 7 to 10.

Wait... are you saying you were running an 8 year old version of Steam? O_O

I thought using "Master Race" rhetoric was bannable?

If that's the case, it's news to me.
Also, hilarious.
Also, several people in here should be getting permabanned.

apparently I cant sign up for the Rocket League tournament cause there's a cap and I was waiting on partner confirmation

legitimacy of being the "GAF champion" through winning it is now obviously null

Just go get a partner and play in the MLG instead. That's where your shining rocket car soccer ball talent belongs. :)

Are you not seeing that he is using PCMR talk sarcastically, actually making fun of that idiotic movement?

I am?

Parsnip

Why are we talking about age again? 33.

Back before Achievements were a certifiable thing I can remember setting myself some stupid challenges to do whilst playing certain games. Now some games I can't even be bothered to do the proper achievements.

Oh yeah and I forgot to post this last were but here you go

fnbVA6D.png

Achievements are basically just one more incentive for me to do what I've always done. Be stupid ocd completionist in games. I'm kind of lucky that I never really got interested in Pokemon games, those things would have killed me.

Thanks for the avatar! Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but any chance you might have made a larger version of it as well, for Steam community?

Hinomura

Steam won't load at startup after upgrading from win7 to win10.

Last step - which I won't even think about - is to do a clean win10 install.

Little recap:
- reinstalled in win drive (with reboot at each action)
- set admin privileges
- checked "boot on startup" in options > didn't work
- put in both Programdata and shell startup > didn't work
- I have no SSD (maybe does it matter?)

Surfing the web, the ones which had similar problem installed the third party program Startup Delayer to fix it, but it's not a solution I'd like to take.

Again, thank you very much JaseC and corrosivefrost for your support :)

Dr Dogg

Why are we talking about age again? 33.

Achievements are basically just one more incentive for me to do what I've always done. Be stupid ocd completionist in games. I'm kind of lucky that I never really got interested in Pokemon games, those things would have killed me.

Thanks for the avatar! Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but any chance you might have made a larger version of it as well, for Steam community?

I tried to 'Catch 'em All' once upon a time but they just kept on adding more and more of the bastards in newer games.

You know what I don't think I saved the PSD file, whoops. I'll have a look when I get in work tomorrow and shoot you a PM if that's ok?

Parsnip

I tried to 'Catch 'em All' once upon a time but they just kept on adding more and more of the bastards in newer games.

You know what I don't think I saved the PSD file, whoops. I'll have a look when I get in work tomorrow and shoot you a PM if that's ok?
Sure, no worries, do what you can when you can. No one looks at my steam profile anyway. :p

Sober

Arrested Development is great and all but people put it way too much on a pedestal sometimes. It'll never be your generation's Seinfeld, get over it. This generation's Seinfeld is The Big Bang Theory, like it or not.

Conversely there are probably perfectly normal people that are wondering why you haven't seen Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory yet. What is your excuse?

Arrested Development is great and all but people put it way too much on a pedestal sometimes. It'll never be your generation's Seinfeld, get over it. This generation's Seinfeld is The Big Bang Theory, like it or not.

Conversely there are probably perfectly normal people that are wondering why you haven't seen Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory yet. What is your excuse?

AD is more like... the comedy version of Serenity.
I've seen a decent amount of AD, but it never clicked for me, so I've never seen 100% of it.
Especially not the season that was made as a revival on Netflix or whatever.

Caerith

No sorry this generation's Seinfeld is Shirokuma Cafe.

Salsa

who the hell wants AD to be this generation's Seinfeld?

its a completely different thing and ive never seen anyone compare the two in any context, not even on that popularity one you're using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom