• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Something about price errors get me to spend $60 on shit when I normally struggle with coughing up $20 on regular games lol.

Never wanna miss out on a deal I suppose.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hate character creation in big RPGs for this very reason. I don't have PoE, but I've spent countless hours at the Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester debating just how much of each stat I need for a given build.

At least PoE's latest update adds in the ability to respec the player character and your party at any inn. Or maybe that's exclusive for the expansion, I'm not 100% sure. From the expansion's Steam page:

Respec: At any inn or tavern the player can re-level their party members. It gives flexibility for the player to experiment with the RPG systems and try out builds with the newly added multi-class talents. If you aren't completely satisfied with your character, you can now do a rebuild and start over fresh.

Have had an account for a long time at GMG.
It just says "Unable to add voucher" when i try MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX (haven't tried it before).

Likely fixed now.

Vuze

Meh, it worked when I did it on the tablet but their payment page was borked there, so I had to turn on my PC. Ah well, time for bed anyways

EDIT: yep, only works with Madmax now. Dang

Caerith

At least PoE's latest update adds in the ability to respec the player character and your party at any inn. Or maybe that's exclusive for the expansion, I'm not 100% sure. From the expansion's Steam page:

Yeah, but respec is like taking painkillers for a broken bone. Not criticizing PoE, mind you, just the genre convention that so often has people end up unhappy with the way their characters turn out and thus asking to redo them.

Have had an account for a long time at GMG.
It just says "Unable to add voucher" when i try MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX (haven't tried it before).

Likely fixed now.

oooh that sucks for the ppl that didnt get to use it. thank god i stopped playing evil within and checked steamgaf when i did, so happy i got fo4 for $30. its not like it would have been an issue at $60 since i most likely would've gotten my moneys worth if 3, nv, and skyrim(although i was only able to enjoy that game with mods cause the vanilla game is fucking trash) but hey, who doesn't like saving money?

header.jpg

Killing Floor 2 beta update will become available later today. Patch notes are hefty. So hefty, in fact, that they take up two Steam announcements. [1] [2]
Holy Smokes! The patch notes are huge and with incredible amounts of content! Two new maps? Two new perks? Three new characters? Tons of new weapons?
I better opt into beta asap.

Messiah

Just to add to yesterday's conversation. You can use the MGSV companion app to listen to tapes on the shitter.
It won't be available for PC though.

KOOOOONAAAAAAAMIIIIII

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

HELLDORADO -- MB-BBF079C5CE52C86F - Taken by pantsattack
Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition -- MB-8E81BB2F574F39A8 - Taken by gurm3n
GOVERNOR OF POKER 2 PREMIUM EDITION -- MB-77E1F9C6AE189190 - Taken by texhnolyze

Helldorado has a lot of problems but I thought that it was a fun game.

KingKong

buying too many new games because of a pricing error when there's only 6 days to go to MGS5 is a real first world problem that I"m currently having

GaussTek

I was going to say that I also missed the GMG coupon glitch, but I was actually refraining from spending more money on games... MUST BE STRONG ;__;

Maniac

Banned
I've never played Megaman.

;_;

Edit: How is it you remove your entry from a mudbutt giveaway? Kind of realised I don't actually want Megaman cause I have too many games to play as-is.

I've never played Megaman.

;_;

Edit: How is it you remove your entry from a mudbutt giveaway? Kind of realised I don't actually want Megaman cause I have too many games to play as-is.

I think you mail Modbot and say "disqualify"...or, you know, you can just attempt to enter again and that will disqualify you.

Maniac

Banned
You're not missing much. Dino Crisis on the other hand is a capcom classic that shouldn't be missed. If you've already played it play 1 and 2 again.

I don't think I can ever love that series.

... My introduction to it was with the... Third... Game...

Which never existed if anyone asks.

Gods what a shitfest.
I think you mail Modbot and say "disqualify"...or, you know, you can just attempt to enter again and that will disqualify you.

I like the sound of that there second option of yours!

Hinomura

To be fair it's a pretty bad movie.

Also:

Johnny Mnemonic: "I can carry nearly eighty gigs of data in my head."

The movie is set in 2021. :p

It's deliciously 90s

I know it's not a flawless movie (to the contrary iirc it was labeled as almost atrocious by many), but I'm sure I'd have fun with it :)

And this reminds me a new Deus Ex is approaching. Any meaningful news about it? HR was not perfect but I loved it (and loved its soundtrack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom