• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

This is about as much 'creativity' as I can muster up right now.

dclZJH2.png

If you want this ruined with 'A Hideo Kojima Game' and title stuff let me know but I think the V says it all.

I was kidding when I said you should do it, but I'll happily take this :p

Thinking of replacing my Acer S240HLBID monitor. I currently have a 760 so I don't think I'd really benefit majorly from 1440p or higher refresh rates really. So I'm looking for a good 24" monitor at 1080p 60 Hz. I'm thinking of the Dell UltraSharp, but I'm needing a second opinion before deciding on something really.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Dr Dogg

Thinking of replacing my Acer S240HLBID monitor. I currently have a 760 so I don't think I'd really benefit majorly from 1440p or higher refresh rates really. So I'm looking for a good 24" monitor at 1080p 60 Hz. I'm thinking of the Dell UltraSharp, but I'm needing a second opinion before deciding on something really.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

If you want a uniform monitor for all-round PC use check out a Dell U2415H
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2415.htm

If you just want a monitor for media consumption check out this little beauty a BenQ EW2440L.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HVCJS8K/

Awful stand though an no VESA mounting either (plus despite being out for a while I've not seen a competent review of one) but that bezel is almost non existent!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have no idea if this code works or not. If it doesn't, sorry.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beware Planet Earth -- MB-50574FE8691A4471 - Taken by anastef

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Replay the first and follow the story? Personally never played them for story, so I'm with you. Nothing made sense to me. Not sure I'll revisit any time soon, either.

Right, I'm waiting for the editor to get back into the game.

Uzzy

Have I mentioned that Satellite Reign comes out on Friday? Because Satellite Reign comes out on Friday. I'm really glad that it's a bank holiday weekend (for us Brits at least), so I'll be able to put some hours into it. The game looks gorgeous, and what I played in early access has me excited about the gameplay too. Here's a launch trailer.

Getting two great cyberpunk games in a fortnight is a real treat.

Chariot

Urgh. I am almost done with Ground Zeroes, just have to play two missions on hard again which is no problem, but I kinda don't wanna play all missions again and tag everyone, I never managed that and I know it's going to be tedious. >__<

Salsa

Urgh. I am almost done with Ground Zeroes, just have to play two missions on hard again which is no problem, but I kinda don't wanna play all missions again and tag everyone, I never managed that and I know it's going to be tedious. >__<

then dont

Jawmuncher

You gonna get some more E ranks.

In a revelation that surprises no one, Into The War has gone even farther to hell, the title has been changed on Steam to Into The War (Under Construction) and the developer(s) and community are losing their minds.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346370/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

I'm all fine with clunkiness thankfully.

Aha, parkour? That I did not know about.

Yeah it's really good, and it gets even better with the upgrades you get as you play.

Stuff:

Poof isn't a DLC, it's the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eron -- MB-1DECE4DDE6E099C3 - Taken by Kifimbo
POOF -- MB-75AE03A0424CB7ED - Taken by nightstorm
samurai_jazz -- MB-7B499764E38C91EB - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Just watched TB's video for The Flock... A neat concept, hilariously idiotic execution. When I first heard about the game it sounded cool, I was definitely going to try it out (I'd just assumed, as did many others I'm sure, that it'd be F2P), until I saw they were charging for a product with planned obsolescence. That's just... What?

And of course, they're talking about it like it's some artsy fartsy hipster indie piece. It's an "experiment" of some sort. Nah, you just want to sell some poor sods a janky game, and run with the money while giving the game as little support as possible until it dies.

A more interesting concept for an "experiment" would have been to make it F2P, with transactions for both increasing and decreasing the population. That way it's fairly democratic, and watching how that played out would pretty interesting.

• The people that just want to play and don't care about the population one way or the other can, without getting invested.
  • The people that want to play as long as possible can invest in that option and pay to increase the population to keep the game going.
  • The people that want to get to the end and see what happens, or just want to fuck with people that want to play the game, they can pay to decrease the population.
And either way, the devs really only need to support the game as long as either option proves profitable. If enough people want to keep playing the game, they're getting income to continue to support the game.. If enough people want to kill the game quickly, their original plan of "take the money and run" works out for them, and doesn't look quite as skeezy. Everybody that wants to throw money at the game can, and understands the risks that come with it, and everybody else just plays the game. Everybody wins.

I really like my new Eizo Foris FS2434, but it depends what you're looking for, really.

If you want a uniform monitor for all-round PC use check out a Dell U2415H
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2415.htm

If you just want a monitor for media consumption check out this little beauty a BenQ EW2440L.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HVCJS8K/

Awful stand though an no VESA mounting either (plus despite being out for a while I've not seen a competent review of one) but that bezel is almost non existent!

Cheers guys, think I'm going to go with the U2414H, which seems to be the 16:9 equivalent of the Dell one. Currently £180, so buy that now + another at Christmas? Sounds like a plan to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom