• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Great, so I'm ModBot now.

Emilia-Clarke-Terminator-Genisys.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know, while I appreciate GOG's bundle pricing quite a bit (not over-charging for games you already own) I'm also quite annoyed with it sometimes when I already own one of the games somewhere else.

I saw they have the earlier Elder Scrolls games now. Great, I'd like to buy them and the 33% discount is quite generous. But then I realize I've gotta re-buy Morrowind (for like the fifth time) and I'm like... "nope". And removing Morrowind from the bundle makes the rest of the games full price.

So I guess I'll pick them up eventually either when they're individually on sale or later on when I'm ready to play one. Which is sad, because I'd happily pay the discount price for the two games I don't own as an impulse purchase, but can't bring myself to pay full price for either knowing they're full price.

DocSeuss

Cool. My writing got me a gig as a game design consultant. I'm doing my test run now, hoping I'm cool to work with. I'd love to do this regularly; it's much nicer on my health.

Hey, a Kotaku article i like. fucking hell is freezing i am sure.

man, statements like these always bum me out because I really think most of my column is good work.

Dsyndrome

You know, while I appreciate GOG's bundle pricing quite a bit (not over-charging for games you already own) I'm also quite annoyed with it sometimes when I already own one of the games somewhere else.

I saw they have the earlier Elder Scrolls games now. Great, I'd like to buy them and the 33% discount is quite generous. But then I realize I've gotta re-buy Morrowind (for like the fifth time) and I'm like... "nope". And removing Morrowind from the bundle makes the rest of the games full price.

So I guess I'll pick them up eventually either when they're individually on sale or later on when I'm ready to play one. Which is sad, because I'd happily pay the discount price for the two games I don't own as an impulse purchase, but can't bring myself to pay full price for either knowing they're full price.

Ran into the same situation, reasoned it was only $11 for the other two and that I've spent more on lunch that that, so got them anyway. I usually do that with GOG games for some reason though, so when sale times come around, I buy squat.
Cool. My writing got me a gig as a game design consultant. I'm doing my test run now, hoping I'm cool to work with. I'd love to do this regularly; it's much nicer on my health.
Congrats dude, best of luck!

Turfster

I saw they have the earlier Elder Scrolls games now. Great, I'd like to buy them
Whoa, stop right there.
These are the baaaad ones.
They didn't run well on release, and they run even worse emulated.
You don't want them.
Trust me.

Congrats!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ran into the same situation, reasoned it was only $11 for the other two and that I've spent more on lunch that that. I usually do that with GOG games for some reason though, so when sale times come around, I buy squat.

It's just a weird tactic is all. I mean I get that buying a bundle should be cheaper, but in a lot of cases removing a single game will make the price of the bundle skyrocket and actually cost more.

I know it's only like $9 difference to just re-buy Morrowind and I know I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing the game so it's almost silly to argue over that amount.

It's just got me in this weird "non-buying" state where I can't really justify the purchase in my head because without buying all of them at once, they're not really on sale. It's only $12 for the other two, but you could pay that $12 any time since that's full price.

It'd make much more sense if, say, the games were 25% off unless you bought the bundle then they were 33%. But I guess it's just one of those weird things that my brain probably won't ever understand and it's probably working fine for GOG so I'll just buy them later.

Whoa, stop right there.
These are the baaaad ones.
They didn't run well on release, and they run even worse emulated.
You don't want them.
Trust me.

Haha that also helps with my purchasing decision. I know they're terrible but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play (well, replay in the case of Redguard) them again. I guess they also come with free copies of Arena and Daggerfall, so there's also that.

man, these always bum me out because I really think most of my column is good work.

if it's any consolation i exclusively read your articles, only reason i ever go there :3c

Knurek

Good luck with that, it's been three years and I'm still waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2 to go on a sale that doesn't stipulate buying the whole D&D bundle with it. :\

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Those eyebrows have gone rouge.
You sure? They look brunette to me.

man, statements like these always bum me out because I really think most of my column is good work.
Congratz!!! :D

Not right now. Yesterday's GMG mistake was too good though.
What mistake? D:

*tag quote*

Pillars is on Sale for $30
FYI, that's the Royal Edition's price at nuuvem.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Looks like not too much except Shadows of Mordor. Let's do that...

Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor (NOTE: whoever wins this gets the season pass key as well)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor -- MB-CD5DC0BBFBFD9FF6 - Taken by rainking187. 13 entrants total.

t1440654137z1.png

Turfster

Looks like not too much except Shadows of Mordor. Let's do that...

Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor (NOTE: whoever wins this gets the season pass key as well)

Generous giveaway, as always.
Guess I'll throw in my hat, for a change.
(Don't worry guys, I never win anything)

Edit: See? What did I tell you.

i don't know nuuvem

Tsk.
It's "The Royal Edition? I hardly nuuvem! *rimshot*"
Get it right =p

It baffles me how Type-0 got massacred by the negative reviews while Grandia II is very positive so far. I'm not talking about the 4:3 and 30 fps of Grandia II, the game is very buggy atm.
Is it the nostalgic feeling of Grandia II or people just hate SquareEnix?

fertygo

It baffles me how Type-0 got massacred by the negative reviews while Grandia II is very positive so far. I'm not talking about the 4:3 and 30 fps of Grandia II, the game is very buggy atm.

At least Gungho had their PR talking, even at here lol

Caerith

There are lots of cases where two similar games released around the same time get drastically different reviews, in some cases with a shitty game being "very positive" while a superior game gets, at best, "mixed." It doesn't baffle me, however-- there are a lot of assholes out there.

Guess its the Nostalgia. But both parents arent quite... stable it seems.

iosefe

I would guess the bad blood from the XIII releases

Aside from being physics locked to 30 fps, the AA being mislabeled uber sampling, and the European launch bug (which was patched quickly), it is technically a great port

Then again you need a controller because KB/M controls are shit

Good news Everyone!

You said it in the Profs. voice didn't you?

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms returns home! Finally :)
Hi all,

here we are finally with the first news, as promised. I have briefly talked in other threads, but here are more official info.

The official announcement will be sent out shortly but

here are the most important points a bit in advance:):

- We were never fond of bitComposer's decision to release bonus content as part of Deluxe Edition. Therefore we make DLC part of the regular edition, so all bonus content is now part of the standard edition. This includes three side quests - The Tholean Tablet, Scorpion King and The Owl Amulet. All players can now enjoy these quests!

- Instead of bonus content we make pre-decessor of Shadows - Kult: Heretic Kingdoms - part of Deluxe Edition

- We release 6 bonus songs from Shadows to original soundtrack

- As a token of gratitude to all players who bought Shadows we have decided to give all players Kult: Heretic Kingdoms for free

- We also give away to all players who bought Shadows the original soundtrack from Shadows for free and thus upgrading all existing copies to Deluxe Edition.

At last, tomorrow there start limited time discount of 50% to all acquired titles as a celebration that we have back the rights for our games and can finally focus on the development and improvements of Heretic Kingdoms (including Book 2 and further improvements to of course) instead of wasting time and resources in legal proceedings.

So check your libraries for Kult, DLC and OST from Shadows.

And look forward to more news about upcoming updates for Shadows!

Enjoy and thanks for your patience!

It's a very cool game, hopefully this mean Book 2 is on it's way soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom