• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Blackguards: DE or Frozen Synapse Prime?

Or nothing..

jebus this GMG indie summer sales is pretty barren to me, kinda hoping for at least Banner Saga deal

Dsyndrome

Just realized that I hit 500 games with purchasing MGS V yesterday.
ALfm8kP.png
Also, I apparently have 555 achievements, 111 from the end times.

Hektor

Anyone wants to guess how Humble will betray us today?

Humble PSN Bundle

1$ Tier:
A wallpaper from Shuhei Yoshida

5$ Tier:
A photo signed by Shuhei Yoshida*

25$ Tier:
A voucher for a 3 Month PSPlus subscription**
Knack

*Available in Japan only
**Regionlocked to the USA

Apology from and response from FrozenByte regarding Trine 3

Not sure if this has already been posted. Wasn't even aware there were big issues since the Steam Over-saturation thread just makes out that the sales were low

The problem is that they werent honest before the launch. From what I can gather you get like 1/3rd or 1/4th of the game and in the steam response they were writing that they actually want to develop the game further from the money they can earn with the game itself. They are also saying it in the video. If that was their plan, why didnt they say it before launching.
"We are planning for Trine 3 to be a trilogy/have more than 1 part."

Instead they did this:

Seems the games story is about getting 3 or 4 artitfacts, but the game just ends after getting the 1st.

I think if they would have been honest from the start, people would have understood.

Nzyme32

Just realized that I hit 500 games with purchasing MGS V yesterday.

Also, I apparently have 555 achievements, 111 from the end times.

That's a great way to hit 500

The problem is that they werent honest before the launch. From what I can gather you get like 1/3rd or 1/4th of the game and in the steam response they were writing that they actually want to develop the game further from the money they can earn with the game itself.

Seems the games story is about getting 3 or 4 artitfacts, but the game just ends after getting the 1st.

Frozenbyte must have known it. I think a Kickstarter would have helped a lot.

Yeah certainly seems so from the video. Now they are saying they are giving up on it due to the response, but apologise for not marketing it properly and explaining what their plans were

Yeah certainly seems so from the video. Now they are saying they are giving up on it due to the response, but apologise for not marketing it properly and explaining what their plans were

I mean he is apologizing for not saying anything, but shouldnt it be obvious what the reactions would be?

Due to recent trends, I'm going to say Humble Eroge Bundle

I wish there would be games like this Romaneseque for Steam in such a bundle. My japan-game wishlist is big, but all the Eroge bundles before kinda fell flat and were full of nukige...

Dr Dogg

Big mistake leaving my headphones in the office today. I could hear the nutters on the bus.

MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC.... So because BLOPs III got a patch before I finished downloading it I have to start the whole thing again. Thanks a bunch shitty internet connection.

"Your country must be this united"

Now all we need is an option for the United Arab Emirates and we can all join together to make the Voltron of Nations.

tumblr_lds30yOuMh1qdej6so1_500.gif

Fucking cougars, man.

Fucking Cougar-Man! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVXyKP1FVk

Nzyme32

I mean he is apologizing for not saying anything, but shouldnt it be obvious what the reactions would be?

That's pretty much what he seems to say, and that it is their fault for not marketing it correctly, but the reality seem to be that they obfuscated the situation and now kind of confirm it. I wonder what they will do now

That's pretty much what he seems to say, and that it is their fault for not marketing it correctly, but the reality seem to be that they obfuscated the situation and now kind of confirm it. I wonder what they will do now

I really loved Trine 1+2 (because thats one game my gf loves to play with me) and I was planning to buy Trine 3. Also wondering what they do now. I will buy it in a Sale.

Humbles first bundle ever was the Frozenbyte Bundle, wasnt it? Reboot that ;)

Blackguards: DE or Frozen Synapse Prime?

Or nothing..

jebus this GMG indie summer sales is pretty barren to me, kinda hoping for at least Banner Saga deal

Blackguards should be a lot better than it actually is. Even though there are multiple builds the game really punishes you for going the wrong way. Hint: choose ranged or offensive magic, don't be that melee guy.

dex3108

Apology from and response from FrozenByte regarding Trine 3

Not sure if this has already been posted. Wasn't even aware there were big issues since the Steam Over-saturation thread just makes out that the sales were low

It is nice of them to admit their mistakes and i am sorry that this Trine 3 fiasco happened. But there is new issue now. They ended game with cliffhanger and they put any future Trine 3 content on hold. That is not the best way to handle this situation. I hope that they will find way to finish story even if that means that they need to change format/platform (they could make short comic).

P.S. About that Michael Ancel vs. Ubisoft. It seams that Michale and Yves are having great time together XD

https://twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/636912278479241216

Sarcasm

I got like 2 and some change on playfire in that GMG site but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it. I want to grab a 100% OJ DLC.

Vlad

damn, seems you DO need all the orbs in the swapper to finish it. Christ, i feel like im going to have an aneurysm and i'm only a 1/4 of the way in according to the final orb count

Yeah, it's a little misleading, since the game lets you wander around, but you absolutely need to complete every puzzle to finish the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It dumps info from the roms and then runs it in their own engine so that's not entirely true

also, youre comparing a $15 collection to a $40 collection that was incredibly inaccurate, blurry, and on machines that are in everyone's closets right now. It's not comparable

Only the GC game was bugged. And even then, I'd take those as long as I got LR weapon switching.

derExperte

Dr Dogg

I bet Guillemot parties hard.

[Not a game] Microsoft Snip, an enhanced version of the Snipping Tool.

Let's give Snip a try....

https://mix.office.com/watch/16jr11iw8x7ot?autoplay=1

Hahaha! What? That's some mind boggling pricing right there.

Edit: What the fuck are you doing Amazon?
I mean if I really wanted it now I'd just order it off .de. Probably get shipped from the same bloody warehouse anyway.
Canada is all "And I'll form the head!" but the other countries just stare at it until it sheepishly backs away.

Well I guess we share a monarch. Not that she means much to Canadians or the British public really know where she figures politically anyways.

derExperte

What is weird is I don't even see it under GMG credit.

Then they're not linked correctly, did you use the same information/mail making both accounts? Log out and in again with both accounts. Last resort: GMG support.

That price difference is real? Bwahaha.

Activision can't be crazy enough to believe someone is going to pay 50€ for a mid-budget Transformers game that isn't even a movie tie-in, wouldn't surprise me if the console prices get adjusted.

Only the GC game was bugged. And even then, I'd take those as long as I got LR weapon switching.

well that's fine but, again, that collection had issues: MM7 was buggy, they used a smearing filter all over the game that blurs the image, and it was a $40 release that is for machines that are now at least 2 generations old.

I mean MMLC isn't without its faults but people seem to be shitting on it as if it's the same value proposition as that old ass collection. It's not, and we need to judge the thing on its own merits.
Activision can't be crazy enough to believe someone is going to pay 50€ for a mid-budget Transformers game that isn't even a movie tie-in, wouldn't surprise me if the console prices get adjusted.

every activision transformer game has been a full priced retail title. not sure why this would be shocking to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom