• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh great. lashbot is self-aware and is now linking to it's own posts...

YO MILAMBER
TIME TO BUY STREET FIGHTER 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuVsrCl89Ns

I approve of R. Mika on the roster... now hopefully this takes up the wrestler/grappler slot and Hugo/Zangief/T.Hawk can just move to DLC land. Though she's certainly much faster than a zangief/hugo/hawk type.

Tizoc

^Alex is likely to be revealed within the next months.

TangibleCorruptDonkey.gif

Tizoc

My god, she looks so lame. I was hoping she would at least get a redesign when added to SFV.

I honestly don't care about her outfit anymore, because if you actually watched the trailer, her SF5 ver. is both bonkers and looks so much fun. I can't fucking wait til 2016 XO

EDIT:
Actually wait SHE DID GET A REDESIGN

MadGear

I honestly don't care about her outfit anymore, because if you actually watched the trailer, her SF5 ver. is both bonkers and looks so much fun. I can't fucking wait til 2016 XO

I watched the trailer but still can't agree with you. I simply don't like her design at all. Well, I guess thats what costume packs are for, I just hope they will add a decent alternative outfit for her.

Tizoc

I watched the trailer but still can't agree with you. I simply don't like her design at all. Well, I guess thats what costume packs are for, I just hope they will add a decent alternative outfit for her.

Understandable, personally I just look past her design =3

But man she looks so much fun than in SFA3 X3

People bitching about R. Mika's costume... keep it coming, your salty tears are delicious.

It's really amazing that both XBone and PS4 can't handle Dishonored at anything above 30 fps.

But those benchmarks are useless, they're for the regular PC version, not the upgraded PS4/x1 DE version. ;P

Ban Puncher

Never mind that Street Fighter lameness, Milamber.

The SEXY GIRLS BUNDLE is on Indiegala and features a game called 'Boob Wars - Big Breasts vs Flat Chests'.

Teggy

Felt like dipping into some random backlog games last night so I booted up Before The Echo (formerly Sequence).

Let's see, it says "Hard" is for people who understand music. Well, I play guitar so let's start there.

First monster - holy shit there are arrows everywhere! Let's try normal.

Next monster - fewer arrows but I still suck.

I don't think I can play this game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Talos Principle is really awesome and you should all play it. Way better than the (in my opinion) overrated Portal games. Not saying the Portal games are bad but I find the story annoying.

I have no idea how to get the hidden stars though.

I just finished the game half an hour ago and I loved it, but the two Portal games are still better imo.

That said this one comes really close and people looking for a portal-esque gaming fix should really give this game a chance.
But I really dislike the "recording" puzzle mechanic, those puzzles are just annoying. Loved all the story stuff, really interesting and well told.

Maybe I will even bother with the stars and other hidden stuff... but now I should finally finish Witcher 3 :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey loyal GRIP backers.

We apologize for the lack of updates on our Kickstarter page; it's hard to post updates to a campaign, knowing it's unlikely to succeed.

Yes, we realized a while ago (as did many of you) that things were not looking positive for reaching our funding goal. That said, we continued to push. We released a new action-packed trailer. We did interviews. We tweeted, emailed and posted everywhere we could. Sadly, we just did not receive the exposure we needed to maintain the momentum after you all gave the campaign such a fantastic start.

Are we disappointed in the performance of the Kickstarter? Sure.

Is an unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign going to stop us from making this game for you?

gDEiDWu.jpg

The good news is, we have a great plan for moving forward, and we're very excited with the direction we're about to take. We're hoping you'll continue to support us in our journey together.

Cu2AZjr.jpg

Here's the scoop:

People have been talking about a playable demo or a playable version of GRIP for a while now - ever since we released the first trailer in July. It’s obvious people really want to get their hands on GRIP.

Well, we're going to give you that chance very soon, thanks to Steam early access.

Early access will allow us to truly focus on development, while giving the players the power to change the shape of the game as it's being made.

Community feedback will be essential in GRIP's continued development, and we like it that way. This is how we envisioned this project to play out from its inception, which is why we're so excited about this new plan.
Now, here's where your valued and continued support comes in...

We've launched a Paypal/Stripe campaign on our website

This campaign has been established in order for you to buy an early access code in advance, as well as receive some bonus goodies for being such great supporters. Funding from this campaign will go directly to developing and bug fixing the current build of GRIP into something more playable and therefore more fun.

This new build will launch on Steam no later than November 30th 2015. We don't need a lot of money to get to that milestone; we just need to pay some outstanding bills in the meantime, which is why we're asking for your support in advance of Steam early access. Your continued support will solidify the backbone of GRIP's development moving forward, and we will greatly appreciate it.

So there you have it, our new direction for GRIP.

You can read more about the new Paypal/Stripe campaign on our website, including features coming with the first playable build, as well as an initial priority list for further development of releases on Steam.

Lastly, we want to thank everyone who backed us on Kickstarter, and for their enthusiasm towards this game's success as well as their undying support throughout the campaign.

Of course, what update wouldn't be complete without GIFs and some shout-outs? We've got a whole page full of GIFs for you to look at, some new and some old. Just a warning: it's quite heavy on bandwidth

Thanks for supporting us on Kickstarter!
We hope you'll support us for the remainder of this wild ride ;)
-Chris and the GRIP team

Backlogger

Working from home today, or at least this morning. It makes browsing GAF a little more enjoyable for some reason.

I kinda want to jump on that Mordor deal, but I have a feeling its going to be $7.50-$10 during the Winter Seal and I have Batman AK and Mad Max to finish until then. And maybe Pillars depending on how I like the changes from the recent update.

Dr Dogg

Don't have it installed (obviously!) but if you take a proper look at Dishonored's CPU usage you'll see, like the vast majority of UE3 games, it's pretty much a sequential load and only really needs 1, 2 tops, fast cores. Take a couple of the PS4 or XO cores and compare their IPS to even an old Kentsfield CPU clocked at 3ghz or more and the old and over the hill Inter CPU would probably come out on top.

Caerith

Felt like dipping into some random backlog games last night so I booted up Before The Echo (formerly Sequence).

Let's see, it says "Hard" is for people who understand music. Well, I play guitar so let's start there.

If at first you don't succeed, give up?

It's been a long time since I played Sequence, but I remember a big part of it is deciding which arrows you go for and which you ignore-- are you trying to hit everything?

Don't have it installed (obviously!) but if you take a proper look at Dishonored's CPU usage you'll see, like the vast majority of UE3 games, it's pretty much a sequential load and only really needs 1, 2 tops, fast cores. Take a couple of the PS4 or XO cores and compare their IPS to even an old Kentsfield CPU clocked at 3ghz or more and the old and over the hill Inter CPU would probably come out on top.

Jaguar CPU was a mistake, they are nothing but trash. It seems the majority of performance problems on consoles come from that damn CPU.

Dr Dogg

Jaguar CPU was a mistake, they are nothing but trash. It seems the majority of performance problems on consoles come from that damn CPU.

On older titles and ports sure, especially when you consider that UE3 isn't even officially supported for XO and PS4 so the dev would have to first port the engine across to make use of their API's, OS functions and so on before compiling said previous game. As always it's a time and money affair and the ones who put the investment in seem to get good results, so when you look at The Last of Us it's pretty much the definitive version of the game but stuff like that Prototype release and now this Dishonored one too probably needed much more work than their budgets would allow. Speculation of course as I don't have a clue what their budgets were let alone the work put in but both those titles really didn't need much more than a dual core CPU on PC.

I remember when Sequence first came out. I put it on "hard" and thought, "okay, this is decently challenging...okay, NOW it's starting to get hard...whew!"

Then Feep said that the difficulty setting was broken and no matter what you picked you were playing on easy. When that got fixed, playing it on hard...hooboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom