• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

So what Metal Gear reference will be in next month's OT?

STEAM | September 2015 - Your Mother's Base is so big even Snake couldn't fulton it.

As for the Street Fighter news, R.Mika's character design is absolutely awful, and I'm stunned that Capcom went with it.

But then she goes and does this. Good god almighty, Stunner, STUNNER, R.Mika!

mika8vodl.gif

Backlogger

So if you pre-purchased a controller months ago you don't get the free game? That seems kind of jacked up if true.

"To prepare for the SteamOS launch, Psyonix and Valve are immediately offering Rocket League for free to those who pre-order (or have pre-ordered) any of the Steam Hardware devices (Steam Controller, Steam Link, or Steam Machine)...
The free copy will be available to those who pre-ordered (from Steam or retail) the Steam Controller, Steam Link or Steam Machine. Customers who already own Rocket League but pre-order the hardware anyway will be given an additional copy that they can gift to a friend."

Oh, cool

chronomac

The free copy will be available to those who pre-ordered (from Steam or retail) the Steam Controller, Steam Link or Steam Machine. Customers who already own Rocket League but pre-order the hardware anyway will be given an additional copy that they can gift to a friend.​
That's awesome.

abracadaver

"To prepare for the SteamOS launch, Psyonix and Valve are immediately offering Rocket League for free to those who pre-order (or have pre-ordered) any of the Steam Hardware devices (Steam Controller, Steam Link, or Steam Machine)...
The free copy will be available to those who pre-ordered (from Steam or retail) the Steam Controller, Steam Link or Steam Machine. Customers who already own Rocket League but pre-order the hardware anyway will be given an additional copy that they can gift to a friend."

Nice

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going to play Fran Bow and Layers of Fear, two horror games that came out today. Come back later today with impressions of both.

Dr Dogg

Let's be honest after Kieron went off to write comics and Jim spent more time on proper writing RPS has gone a little bit shit. Some of their interviews are fucking cringe worthy.

ArjanN

Good lord, that list is awful.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/27/best-action-games

1 Saints Row IV
2 Grand Theft Auto IV
3 Beyond Good & Evil
4 Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
5 Batman: Arkham City
6 Resident Evil IV
7 Tomb Raider: Legend
8 Max Payne
9 Just Cause 2
10 Lego Marvel Super Heroes
11 Hotline Miami
12 Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time
13 Red Faction Guerilla
14 Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag
15 Dead Rising 2
16 Mafia
17 Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light
18 TowerFall: Ascension
19 Grow Home
20 Darksiders II
21 Gang Beasts
22 Oni
23 MechWarrior 2
24 Project Eden
25 Westerado: Double Barreled

Yeah it's kind of a weird list. A bunch of these aren't even primarily action games (like Grow Home) or only have serviceable action gameplay and other qualities that still make them good games (like Westerado or GTA) but surely that should disqualify them from a best action game list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if you pre-order a Steam Link and a Steam Controller? Will you get multiple copies?

Yes. As far as I'm aware, DontGrantIfAppIDOwned can only be set to one ID, so it wouldn't be possible for Valve to blacklist all Steam Hardware IDs unless it decides to change that.

Tizoc

Was expecting far more regular alpha 3 mika and not whatever that was.

Whatever that was was taking the concept of a wrestler character and going crazy with it.
The one move anyone can remember for Mika from SFA3 is butt slam, you think most people would remember what her 2 360 grabs are :p
Besides if she kept her original movelist you'd complain about that anyways as Capcom not having changed anything with the character :V

Sch1sm

Hey guys, if I decide to buy Shovel Knight after the DLC is released, it will still be included in the game for free, right?

They did say that it was a free expansion...for all owners.

E: What I'm saying is I don't recall reading that only owners at the time of release get it free.

madjoki

Yes. As far as I'm aware, DontGrantIfAppIDOwned can only be set to one id, so it wouldn't be possible for Valve to filter out all other Steam Hardware IDs.

It uses "ComplimentaryPackageGrants 76934", which is new, on both, so who knows.

Doesn't seem it works like GrantGuestpass, because restarting Steam didn't give me a copy.

Whatever that was was taking the concept of a wrestler character and going crazy with it.
The one move anyone can remember for Mika from SFA3 is butt slam, you think most people would remember what her 2 360 grabs are :p
Besides if she kept her original movelist you'd complain about that anyways as Capcom not having changed anything with the character :V

Yup

Capcom isn't making the same mistake it made going from SFII->SFIII with SFIV->SFV in that it will not reset almost the entire roster because it feels that's the only way they can properly implement new fighting styles and get away with it. They learned that people want the majority of the roster to be familiar fighters.

So, they're including familiar fighters but totally reworking the shit out of them to practically make them new fighters. We've seen it with Ken, with Charlie, and will likely see it some more before SFV launches. It really is a smart way of handling things and shows that they learned a thing or two from SFIII's reception.

GaussTek

They did say that it was a free expansion...for all owners.

E: What I'm saying is I don't recall reading that only owners at the time of release get it free.

Ahh, thanks, that's good to know. For some reason I suddenly thought that it would be free for current owners only.

Not the Yakuza I'm waiting for ;P

It's the yakuza I think I prefer, I didn't particularly enjoy my time with Yakuza 3.
Also, I think you'll be waiting a long time. Probably longer than I will be waiting for Vanquish and Bayonetta to appear on Steam.

The new Double Fine/Adult Swim joint, Headlander, looks hot.

Niice. I've come to expect grand things from Adult Swim Games and this looks like it should continue the trend.

Heh, Rocket League would get a discount the day after I buy it

There's a lesson here.

As for the Street Fighter news, R.Mika's character design is absolutely awful, and I'm stunned that Capcom went with it.

But then she goes and does this. Good god almighty, Stunner, STUNNER, R.Mika!

Regarding the outfit?
deal-with-it-gif26.gif

Regarding the stunner?
Awesome.

I look at #1. "Well, it was a good action game, but #1?"

I look at #2. Suddenly I'm looking for that Batman the Animated Series .gif of Bruce Wayne reading a newspaper and becoming shocked.

Action is a very broad term. Almost everything can be termed with action.

Adventures of Pip is -33% for a week and GB* just release a QL.

*Who are doing a $35 sale for 1yr Premium

I'm afraid to ask, considering how I feel about GB in general, but what does this sale price of $35 get you for 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom