• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Hmm might jump back into Deadly Premonition, but I'd probably have to start all the way at the beginning. I didn't make it that far anyway, got to the police station on the first day or whatever.

The PCG Wiki page for DP is crazy though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thanks once again for the recommendation Dusk Golem, wishlisted.

Of course, I have my suspicions Fran Bow, if it keeps up what I've played, is going to be very high up there in cult status for horror fans. It's for me very high up there as one of the best horror point'n'clicks I've played, it's very different than one might expect, though I hear the game's demo does a good job at presenting itself. However, it's done a great job not making thing repetitive, among its other strengths. To see if that stays true when I play the rest tonight.

ExoSoul

Banned
STEAM | September 2015 - I've had it with these motherfucking snakes in this motherfucking box!

(alt versions include:
-these boxes!
-this base!)

Dsyndrome

For DP, I was getting crazy mad memory leaks even with the LAA and Duranted fix applied. At one restart, it was 60FPS, then 30, then less, etc, all as I first get to the hotel. Don't even know what the deal was. Will have to see if I can get it working right with a fresh install, and see if the Win 10 gods allow such a thing.

So I noticed Endless Legend is on sale on Steam...how accessible is it for a newcomer to the 4X genre? Would I be better off trying this or going with something like Civ V?

4X isn't my thing, I only play Civ V, and that's as a drunken co-op game with my buddy. That is to say, I don't take the genre seriously.

Civ is fairly intuitive and beginner friendly. From what little I'd played of EL, it was far more complex and in depth, and a bit overwhelming.

derExperte

New W10 Insider build: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-...ild-10532-is-now-rolling-out-to-the-fast-ring

Improved Context Menus

We’ve heard feedback about the consistency of menus within Windows 10, so we’ve made some changes to improve these and give them a modern look at and feel. We are still working on it, but you’ll see some good changes with this build. We’re also further unifying the light and dark theming across the OS and are looking forward to you trying these latest changes and providing additional feedback.

Tizoc

Bamco pls
CM5x2X3UsAA1ApM.jpg

give Eyes of Heaven to Steam

I bought OP3 Musou, just gimme dat JoJo.

Meh, if it's anything like the first one, it'll be uninteresting.

If only they gave Gundam Extreme VS instead of that lame Rise of Incarnates.

Hinomura

I'll probably do a W10 clean install... when it works it's fine, but sometimes its behaviour is pretty weird, probably because I've got too many applications installed and it was upgraded on a pretty old W7 installation.

I got a couple o problems like:

- that Steam launch at boot problem I had to solve using a file batch with timeout command
- lack of expel hardware icon from the right of the task bar: it appears totally randomly, now there is, 5 minutes ago there wasn't and I rebooted 4 hours ago, without plugging/unplugging anything...
- sometimes localhost doesn't work and even steam:links weren't working in browsers
- uninstalling a couple of programs, a couple of mediaplayers - mind you, killed my lan. I had to go back to a previous restore point after a couple hours of mindmelting
- a few times it didn't succeed in booting windows

Since I'm doing a clean install over an upgraded install I shouldn't have problems with key activation.

Please wish me good luck!

Onikira Demon Killer finally exits early access , will give it a try now after a year of just having it in my library waiting for it the get completed

gelf

No problem. Don't give up on the game -- it's well worth any trouble you may have setting it up!

Well I'm not getting any launch crashes after that memory patch. There is still a sickening amount of slowdown and framerate issues though even after a restart which supposedly fixes that. I have a high tolerance for so called bad PC ports, I thought Dark Souls was fine, I think 30fps games in general are fine but this port has me defeated. The cutscene judder in particular was giving me a headache.

I think I'd have to buy a 360 to ever really enjoy this game.

ArjanN

Astro Port just fixed the achievements in both Supercharged Robot VULKAISER and Armed Seven.

You can all thank me for bringing it to their attention. :p

Salsa

Portal 2 for free is kinda lame in a surprising way for Valve

they should give out the whole valve package till now or something. or CSGO

they just throw that shit at you. what was Portal 2 last sale? $2?

Rocket League is cool tho

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KenOD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tulpa -- MB-00D828B7D0DF1031 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 7 entrants total.
Cloudbuilt -- MB-DF2DA1F947D92C8C - Taken by redlacs. 23 entrants total.

t1440714559z1.png

iosefe

so i guess this means spare copies of Portal 2 floating around ya?

:D

also means more people getting rocket league, which is ALWAYS a good thing

Sch1sm

No its not, Jesus.

You need proper guidance, son.

Are you trying to say that the game doesn't have glaring faults with that reaction gif?

Obviously, at the end of the day it's all opinion, and there's almost always a divide in whether a game is good or bad in this thread, but I can't ignore a lot of things wrong with Hitman: Absolution. I'm not saying the other games are all that much better, either, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to rank it. But considering when it was released in comparison to the other titles, it has some grand oversights in its "improved" stealth system, for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom