• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Are people really that sensitive over R. Mika? That shit is hilarious. Where was all this rage against fans who wanted her this whole time. I mean she has the same damn design as Alpha 3. Are people surprised that she has a thong?

Can't wait to throw her in my arsenal. So far it's Necalli and her. The no clothes team!

Sajjaja

Are you trying to say that the game doesn't have glaring faults with that reaction gif?

Obviously, at the end of the day it's all opinion, and there's almost always a divide in whether a game is good or bad in this thread, but I can't ignore a lot of things wrong with Hitman: Absolution. I'm not saying the other games are all that much better, either, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to rank it. But considering when it was released in comparison to the other titles, it has some grand oversights in its "improved" stealth system, for one.

What I am trying to say that IT'S A FUCKING DOLLAR. You are all acting as if there are no redeeming qualities to the game. Yes it's a step down in Hitman mechanics, but if you want to play the game, which can be fun if you look past its faults, then ONE SINGULAR DOLLAR IS A FREAKING BARGAIN.

Sch1sm

What I am trying to say that IT'S A FUCKING DOLLAR. You are all acting as if there are no redeeming qualities to the game. Yes it's a step down in Hitman mechanics, but if you want to play the game, which can be fun if you look past its faults, then ONE SINGULAR DOLLAR IS A FREAKING BARGAIN.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned opinions, or are you prone to unwarranted outbursts?

Sajjaja

Did you miss the part where I mentioned opinions, or are you prone to unwarranted outbursts?

Why are you assuming that I don't think the game doesn't have it's flaws? It does, but people shitting on the game for being $1 is stupid. It's worth $1. One. Dollar.

Red Hood

Banned
How can I not get all these 3-days free games? I'm not interested in these whatsoever and as far as I'm concerned this is downright spam. Surely there's a way to disable these "promotions"?

Corpekata

Banned
Wait 3 days like a sane person? Unless you have an incredibly tiny library I don't know how anyone even notices these things showing up.

Ruruja

How can I not get all these 3-days free games? I'm not interested in these whatsoever and as far as I'm concerned this is downright spam. Surely there's a way to disable these "promotions"?

What do you mean? You don't automatically download them, and they remove themselves from your Library after the promotion.

Anteater

are you talking about those games that show up in your library that will be gone after the weekend is over?

R.Mika in SF5 makes me very happy because i knew that there was no way that el fuerte would get in , so having other wrestling character is fine \o/

Turfster

Fuck Microsoft with their "HEY WE NEED TO REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM FOR THIS UPDATE" bullshit when they won't even fucking tell me what the fuck the update is for.
KB support page for an update or no fucking update for you, you piece of shit OS.
You already made me reinstall from scratch with a system-killing update on 7, I'm not going through this again.

Ruruja

Fuck Microsoft with their "HEY WE NEED TO REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM FOR THIS UPDATE" bullshit when they won't even fucking tell me what the fuck the update is for.
KB support page for an update or no fucking update for you, you piece of shit OS.
You already made me reinstall from scratch with a system-killing update on 7, I'm not going through this again.

The new update system is pretty shit, I agree. So difficult to see what updates have downloaded and what they're for.

I think they removed the 'install upon shut down' that was in previous versions too which was handy. Now I turn my PC off and on and it still says it needs to restart to install my updates, because it has to do its specific restart shit.

Red Hood

Banned
On the Steam website, go to Account Details -> Manage Email and choose 'Opt out of all email marketing communication'.

I see that disables the wishlist notifications as well? There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. But no biggie, it's a small price to pay for not seeing the spam anymore, we still have ITAD. Thanks!

Played a bit of the Blops 3 beta. I think I'm over the futuristic shooter fps. Game runs good...~80fps maxed out on my laptop with 970m but eh...just sick of the COD formula I guess.

derExperte

Nice. are there any predictions on when these updates hit consumer builds?

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-threshold-wave-2-will-focus-primarily-on-optimization

Threshold wave 2 is scheduled to be the first (non-patch) update to the OS after it is released and the current timeline is October.

Better get used to it, even with Pro you can only delay updates.

What's Marvelous Mistake control scheme?

mouse or keyboard?

Gamepad works a little bit better than mouse. In theory you can aim gadgets better with mouse but you'll rarely use them anyway.

Hi! I've been looking into getting a gaming PC at some point, but haven't saved up enough cash yet, unfortunately.

I do have a Mac and I definitely wanna get in on the Mac Rocket League release. If I were to buy it at the discounted price today (the PC version), would I be able to download the Mac version when it comes out?

Thanks for your help!

Tizoc

Aw yeah son
eI66bkW.png

Corpekata

Banned
Hi! I've been looking into getting a gaming PC at some point, but haven't saved up enough cash yet, unfortunately.

I do have a Mac and I definitely wanna get in on the Mac Rocket League release. If I were to buy it at the discounted price today (the PC version), would I be able to download the Mac version when it comes out?

Thanks for your help!

Yes. Pretty much all games these days if they have multiple OS versions give you all of them. Wasn't so in the past always, but for the past 5 or so years, generally is.

Maniac

Banned
Gaf > internet > gaf
Right?

Yup.
Its a F2P game. It wouldn't ever be anything but the Win 10 Store. Hardly matters or means anything. We have to wait for GoW or Killer Instinct to actually know if they are going to put their games on Steam.

If the whole W10 Appstore thing flops I'm confident we'll see the games on Steam, perhaps with a GFWL-esque implementation of the appstore.

... That or MS abandoning PC gaming again. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom