• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I'm not sure it's the right place to ask, but in which language should I play Metro 2033, English or Russian?

I personally preferred playing it in english, but a lot of people seem to really like russian language with english subs. I've played both but as I mentioned, prefer it in english.

Edit: So yeah, why not both. The game is well worth playing through an extra time with Ranger mode on :)

Lomax

Its a F2P game. It wouldn't ever be anything but the Win 10 Store. Hardly matters or means anything. We have to wait for GoW or Killer Instinct to actually know if they are going to put their games on Steam.

Killer Instinct is f2p as well, to a certain degree. It's also crossbuy with the XBox; there's no way it will be on Steam either. I guess GoW could be, but it seems unlikely at best. Seems like the "best" we could hope for is a uPlay style system that forces use of both if you buy the game on Steam, but that's not exactly appealing.

I don't think most people expect Microsoft games to be anything other than exclusive to the Win 10 store, the question is if they will leverage third party games to be exclusive there, or to at least include the system like they did with GWFL.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fable-legends-pc-will-be-exclusive-to-the-windows-10-store/

oh dear here we go again

Edit : whoops really need to learn to use that search

1372431983132.gif

Not that i was interested in it but NO BUY.

Tenrius

I personally preferred playing it in english, but a lot of people seem to really like russian language with english subs. I've played both but as I mentioned, prefer it in english.

Edit: So yeah, why not both. The game is well worth playing through an extra time with Ranger mode on :)

Russian.

It takes place in Russia.

They speak Russian there.

English, none of the town or any side character dialogue is subtitled so you'll miss out on a lot in a first playthrough.

Well, I do understand Russian, so there's no problem with some stuff not being subtitled. It's just that the English voice acting tends to be superior, even in games that are developed in Russia (or Ukraine in this case), because the budget is usually bigger. Then again, hearing stuff like VDNH in English would be just plain weird lol.

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

STELLAR 2D -- MB-8EDEE0DA56C73BB4 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Deadly Premonition -- MB-0C8DBAFAF439D336 - Taken by gurm3n
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-4E543990AA0A6AFA
Crimsonland -- MB-D534FA8A6CC71853 - Taken by Sajjaja

Deadly Premonition is VERY good, if you are willing to overlook the myriad of technical issues that screw up the PC port. I'd say it's worth it.

Tenrius

Interesting to note that Ranger mode is literally called Stalker mode in the Russian version. As far as I remember the book, that's what the rangers in general are called in the original version.

Buraindo

It's like they're spitting in your face for donating.

n5edXpZ.gif

I get not liking the game but that's a bit much.

Well, I do understand Russian, so there's no problem with some stuff not being subtitled. It's just that the English voice acting tends to be superior, even in games that are developed in Russia (or Ukraine in this case), because the budget is usually bigger. Then again, hearing stuff like VDNH in English would be just plain weird lol.

I prefer the Russian version. I found some of the English VA to be a bit questionable at times. It's perfectly fine though, can't go wrong with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom