• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to hear MGSV's date now matches the consoles, so, BernardoOne
ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

<3

How is the hunger/thirst/sleep? I was kinda disappointed in how New Vegas handled it (since you can go for days without any of those in a desert) and didn't want to heavily mod the game and its timescale for realism.

I'd say It's pretty realistic, too realistic.
Foods restore 25-100% of your hunger, but you hardly find any food around and hunting animals are kinda hard. Thirst is quite easy to manage as you can store water in a keg or bottles. And you have to sleep once a day while day/night cycle is quite fast.

Foods restore 25-100% of your hunger, but you hardly find any food around and hunting animals are kinda hard. Thirst is quite easy to manage as you can store water in a keg or bottles. And you have to sleep once a day while day/night cycle is quite fast.

Get the level ups that reduce hunger/thirst/sleep depletion rates.
Also, there's food everywhere -- I had tons of food kicking around when Ningen and I played. Just keep picking up roots and stuff, they're all over once you get to the second island.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-2DC51175BE4FFCA6 - Taken by Belgarion
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-B6D6459CB30B9630 - Taken by texhnolyze

Binge watched Z Nation. Best zombie survival show I've watched. Walking Dead became shite after season 1 sadly.
Really love the somewhat goofy characters and the fact that they
usually
don't die unlike WD.

Anyway, that got me in the mood for Walking Dead on Steam. Anything needed to know before I start?

I love Z Nation and Murphy is my hubby <3 It's got a decent story and characters and it's done about everything it took TWD 5 seasons to do. Can't wait for Season 2 on September 11th. The TWD games are still the best TWD related thing out there no information needed really it's in canon with the comics but it won't affect a single thing playing this before or if you ever read the comics. Hope you have fun they are really good and overall faced past episodes there are small gameplay sections to advance the plot call it "filler" if you want but most if not all let you also get to know the characters you are with instead of listening to two characters go back and forth between seasons about being depressed over an event or something happening. Hope you enjoy the games btw i'm sure you will love them.

Caerith

Ah, the fast day/night cycle seems like it could be annoying.

Get the level ups that reduce hunger/thirst/sleep depletion rates.
Also, there's food everywhere -- I had tons of food kicking around when Ningen and I played. Just keep picking up roots and stuff, they're all over once you get to the second island.

I'm on the third island with the electricity thing now, and we're struggling to find any food around here.
Novak's island provide foods but they're too scattered.

Ah, the fast day/night cycle seems like it could be annoying.

Yeah, and there's only one place to sleep (safe shelter) in an island so you have to go there each day.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is anyone here known as Jonco on Steam? Or at least knows who he is?
I would hate to block someone if it's just someone from GAF or Steamgifts just trying to be friends, but they haven't responded to any of the messages asking.

------------------------------------------

Oh, it's a new page.

Here is a game coming out this month worth looking at. Energy Hook.

From the man who created the highly praised swinging system and mechanics in Spider-Man 2 movie game on PS2 era systems in an effort to do it again. Only this time no poor fighting mechanics, no silly boss fights with ragdoll physics, nothing that everyone ignores just to talk about how fun it is to just swing around.

It's just swinging around, running up walls, super jumping, and more in a "sport" style.

Cards may be made for the game, but it's not a priority.

Finally got around to playing some Civ 5 tonight. Man, George Washington getting all nervous when I'm simply skating up his border to take out some baddies! Leave my archers alone!

I'm on the third island with the electricity thing now, and we're struggling to find any food around here.
Novak's island provide foods but they're too scattered.

Yeah, and there's only one place to sleep (safe shelter) in an island so you have to go there each day.

For the most part, it's just rather annoying... you don't actually need to worry about any of that stuff, other than it slowing your movement and such... also, i think you can get a good hunger boost if you throw some citrus fruits in your water to make lemonade.

Miguel81

Finally got that cheevo for Shiva(no hits). It's just something I should have done during my first run rather than new game plus. A lot of flips, getting one hit in at a time, and then building up the combo meter to take down those pesky ninjas.

We all wish, but I feel like that won't happen. Maybe $25, unless it ends up an Arkham Knight scenario and you're willing to wait out code expiry. lol.

I'm confident, considering how Witcher 3 keys got down to $20 too. I never said I wanted the code before release day, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When did Valve re-add the donation to modder shit to Workshop? CS:GO has a few that give you the option to either 1) donate Steam items (guns?) or 2) donate cash to them. Which seems IMO the best way of going about the paid-mod situation.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally got that cheevo for Shiva(no hits). It's just something I should have done during my first run rather than new game plus. A lot of flips, getting one hit in at a time, and then building up the combo meter to take down those pesky ninjas.

That achievement probably took me an hour plus of failed attempts. It felt very rewarding to finally nail it though.

So I plugged in my 360 controller and it inexplicably switched to player 2 so games aren't responding. How do I switch it back to player 1?

I wonder what games Microsoft has planned for PC tomorrow. You think it's at the conference or just an announcement? They already hinted that more will come at gamescom for PC. They should dump some of their older games on steam like freelancer.

Sch1sm

I wonder what games Microsoft has planned for PC tomorrow. You think it's at the conference or just an announcement? They already hinted that more will come at gamescom for PC. They should dump some of their older games on steam like freelancer.

I feel like the odds of announcement for older titles going to PC are slim, or they won't really be mentioned until majority of the backward comp games for 360-XBONE are done with.

For the most part, it's just rather annoying... you don't actually need to worry about any of that stuff, other than it slowing your movement and such... also, i think you can get a good hunger boost if you throw some citrus fruits in your water to make lemonade.

I see.
Yeah perhaps it's actually not a huge deal anyway, as long as we have our trusty guns they won't stand a chance lol. Yep, I have made some lemonades already.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I see.
Yeah perhaps it's actually not a huge deal anyway, as long as we have our trusty guns they won't stand a chance lol. Yep, I have made some lemonades already.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

yea just a wish. i wonder what could it be? i dont see any xbox games they bring to pc just yet so it should be interesting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Idle Master 1.1 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 1.0 or 1.0.1 installed within the next 24 hours.

Here is a list of changes made in this release:
  • Idle Master now has an option to either idle games individually or idle games simultaneously up to two hours, then individually. While simultaneous idling in this case is more effective, some people wanted the option of idling games individually.
  • While idling multiple games at once, Idle Master will now list which games it’s idling and their corresponding number of recorded game hours.
  • Game hours on record will now be displayed in the lower left of the game image while idling a single game.
  • While idling multiple games at once, the “Game” menu at the top of the application is now disabled, as the context of this menu does not apply to multiple games (“skip”, “blacklist current”, etc).
  • While idling multiple games, the application will now check the status of these games every 6 minutes (0.1 hours) to achieve maximum efficiency during this process.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause multiple games to idle simultaneously while also attempting to idle the first game in the idling order, resulting in 31 games open at once rather than 30 and resulted in higher than usual play time for some users.
  • Fixed a bug where usernames with unicode characters were not displaying correctly.
A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com. If you are currently running the portable version of Idle Master, simply download the new portable version and extract the files over the top of your existing ones to update.

You can also force the update by re-running the setup program from the website.

If you encounter any issues, please use the Idle Master discussion board or this thread and I'll do my best to help. Happy Idling!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Vanguard Princess Lilith -- MB-CD3A61CC719B541C - Taken by salazar547

Corpekata

Banned
But that's the only thing reading as a controller on my PC. It was working fine earlier today

Are you sure? Sometimes computers think there's a phantom controller. Bring up Devices and Printers and it should show you if there's other stuff causing problems, even if there's nothing plugged in.

Are you sure? Sometimes computers think there's a phantom controller. Bring up Devices and Printers and it should show you if there's other stuff causing problems, even if there's nothing plugged in.
Only other device is the receiver for my wireless mouse, and the controller is still on player 2 even when that is removed

Jazz573

Sekai Project is bringing another VN to Steam tomorrow

Asphyxia

Steam said:
Samantha and Lillian are best friends. At least, they were, until everything fell apart. Now, Samantha has a day to repair their relationship &#8211; but is it already too late?

Looks interesting. Not expecting an earth shattering game.

So I opened my facebook page and everyone is yelling about Na'Vi losing the match.
I kinda forgot it's the International time. I guess I'll watch a highlight or two this lunch.

Grief.exe

Finished Condemned tonight, what a great final boss. He was challenging, but once you got his moves down he got a hurting.

Monolith almost got me. I thought the ending was going to be pedestrian, but then they blew the doors open at the last minute. The ending chapters were just sublime, excellent game overall.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finished Condemned tonight, what a great final boss. He was challenging, but once you got his moves down he got a hurting.

Monolith almost got me. I thought the ending was going to be pedestrian, but then they blew the doors open at the last minute. The ending chapters were just sublime, excellent game overall.

condemned is great, those fucking mannequins gave me nightmares

i don't usually like violent games but that one was like super satisfying

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

As I said before, best part of the game is definitely its second half, not saying the first half is bad. Chapters
5, 8, & 9
are my favorites. I do have one issue in that I found the final
kung-fu
enemies sillier than frightening (though challenging), but overall a great game. Sequel is great too, I think it has higher highs and lower lows, but the story goes off-the-rails in the last third.

inm8num2

Valdis Story is fun - better than I expected. Spent 1.5 hours with it tonight. My execution is kind of rough at times with attacks/spells/etc. (I mix up the keys), but I'm getting better.

Momentary

Banned
Valdis Story is fun - better than I expected. Spent 1.5 hours with it tonight. My execution is kind of rough at times with attacks/spells/etc. (I mix up the keys), but I'm getting better.

I really need to beat that game. I think I'll do it this weekend.

Miguel81

That achievement probably took me an hour plus of failed attempts. It felt very rewarding to finally nail it though.

Very rewarding indeed. The Deathstroke and Shiva cheevos were the ones I expected to give me the most trouble in single player. Looking forward to the challenge rooms as well.

condemned is great, those fucking mannequins gave me nightmares

i don't usually like violent games but that one was like super satisfying

Seriously! The basement and
getting chased around that house by a psycho killer
were also pretty intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom