• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Who wants to play something in Tabletop Simulator later today (evening European time)? I remember buying it with some SteamGAF folks and we talked about playing some board games, but never really got around to doing that. I have no idea what particular game to play though.

Evening is reserved for Microsoft Gamescom Pressconference. Otherwise why not.

Arthea

I still haven't played the nep nep games. Are they required to play first?

nope, different franchise entirely, Nep Nep is Game Industry lol the game(s), and FFF is Godly weapons the game. Also FFF has soundtrack by Uematsu! and Amano as an artist, a game of forever, not that Nep Nep isn't, but for other reasons.

today is Fairy Fencer F day, are you ready steamgaf?

edited: oh, and it's time to get back to Nom Nom Galaxy too! Too many games, too little time...

edit2: Eitr look nice, although... that wave of skellies in the trailer looked boring and a game seems a tad too dark for me.

I'm ready
main_a.png

Uzzy

The Devolver Digital website does say that Eitr is coming out in 2016, but I don't buy that September 1st 2016 release date. Too specific for an indie game that's supposedly 14 months out.

Deques

I don't think so. Different IP.

Is final fantasy required to play dragon quest?

nope, different franchise entirely, Nep Nep is Game Industry lol the game(s), and FFF is Godly weapons the game. Also FFF has soundtrack by Uematsu! and Amano as an artist, a game of forever, not that Nep Nep isn't, but for other reasons.
Thanks, then maybe I can buy it and play it after I am done with Valdis Story

Arthea

Probably a 1000 year old spirit?

I need to check my mythology to be sure, but as far as I can remember fairies aren't using our timeline at all, nor they understand time as we do.
You know, if you go into the fairy world for one day, years pass in a real world and stuff like that.

not related to our exciting discussion at all:
what's coinplay.io? Is it legit?

Started playing Mind Path to Thalamus yesterday. Getting some Dear-Esther-with-Puzzles vibe from the game, with its great visuals but meh gameplay. I put a good hour and a half into it so I suppose I'll finish it since it's not very long but it's not really pulling me in much.

I can't seem to play New Vegas without stealing and killing a lot, does the karma stuff actually matters in-game?

depending on how you want to align yourself it can. but that stuff doesn't really become too relevant till about 1/3 of the way in.

Arthea

Started playing Mind Path to Thalamus yesterday. Getting some Dear-Esther-with-Puzzles vibe from the game, with its great visuals but meh gameplay. I put a good hour and a half into it so I suppose I'll finish it since it's not very long but it's not really pulling me in much.

you should play Kairo, if you hadn't, that's one of weirdest games I ever played, in a cryptic and good way.

Buraindo

Finished Dragonborn as well. It was better than Dawnguard but it doesn't do much to fix the issues I have with Skyrim.
Revisiting Solstheim was nice, quests were better than usual but still somewhat bland and
dragon riding
was awful.
Don't know if I'll play through the Hearthfire content anytime soon though, I'm afraid I can't really play any more of this game.
It's been a mostly fun, and sometimes frustrating embarrassing amount of hours so I can't complain too much.

On the other hand I started playing Rocket League and I feel confident in saying that I haven't had this much fun with a multi player game in a long time.

Finished Dragonborn as well. It was better than Dawnguard but it doesn't do much to fix the issues I have with Skyrim.
Revisiting Solstheim was nice, quests were better than usual but still somewhat bland and
dragon riding
was awful.
Don't know if I'll play through the Hearthfire content anytime soon though, I'm afraid I can't really play any more of this game.
It's been a fun embarrassing amount of hours so I can't complain too much.

On the other hand I started playing Rocket League and I feel confident in saying that I haven't had this much fun with a multi player game in a long time.
Hearthfire doesn't have plot, it's a paid customized home mod, with adoption mechanic.

fertygo

Unless 50% launch week deal isn't on my region or the port is ultra fucked (I'm not even set high standard, just hoping its run like nep nep games) I'm buying Fairy Fencer.

Anteater

The Early Access period for Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is nearing its end. The official release date is set for August 20th!

It’s been an amazing few months for our first 3D Trine game, and we’ve learned a lot in this time. On behalf of all of Frozenbyte, I’d like to thank everyone who participated and helped us with your feedback. We’ve come a long way since the start of Early Access, and we’ve been cooking up some neat changes in the past couple of months after the latest update.

As we mentioned on the Steam Store page, the price of the game will go up once Early Access ends, from $19.99/19.99€ to $21.99/21.99€. We’ll also be adding the awesome soundtrack by Ari Pulkkinen to the package.

The Linux and Mac versions are underway and we’ll hopefully have something to show soon!

Trine 3 going out of early access on august 20th

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I can't seem to play New Vegas without stealing and killing a lot, does the karma stuff actually matters in-game?

Not really. It changes how certain NPCs will react to you and it's more for roleplaying purposes as opposed to locking you out of content like Fallout 3 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom