• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I cried so good playing this.

Me too. Tearjerkers don't usually get me, but I played through planetarian in one sitting and it was the only time I cried like a baby to a VN/videogame. It's interesting how other key stuff didn't get the same reaction from me.

chronomac

Has anyone played Burnout Paradise lately? I got caught up in that game again - one of my favorites - but haven't tried the Vanity Pack or this config tool. Are those worth downloading? The pack adds a playable version of Big Surf Island and some other DLC

gabbo

I dig it tho. Max Payne 1 and 2 were very obviously and famously taking everything from Noir films and Rockstar just brought it to a new century and different style.

Max Payne should be like that

Max Payne 1 and 2 were hong kong action flicks with film noir trappings. 3 was just Man of Fire as much depth as your average Tony Scott film.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sega please consider a cheap port of this with added online play.
11794527_806374009480433_2732833528149343178_o.jpg

Salsa

Max Payne 1 and 2 were hong kong action flicks with film noir trappings. 3 was just Man of Fire as much depth as your average Tony Scott film.

sayin max payne 1 and 2 were deep is fooling yourself

the games are just cliche ridden movie parodies of sorts almost

I really love 3. I'll never get the hate

what a great fucking game. I talk about it and immediatly wanna replay it again

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Saw this one my Twitter feed, and couldn't help but post it here because of this being the official topic of PC games and waifus.

CLgyJCxUMAQrtz4.jpg:large

rtcn63

Have you been watching True Detective S2?
No real spoilers, but I can see parallels in the writing and the 'story' unfolds. Although I did play MP3 ages ago.

And at least people are still talking about MP3, I'll give you that.

Salsa

Have you been watching True Detective S2?
No real spoilers, but I can see parallels in the writing and the 'story' unfolds. Although I did play MP3 ages ago.

And at least people are still talking about MP3, I'll give you that.

yeah. they certainly touch on common influences

You mean you want to watch several hours of unskippable cutscenes? I love the shooting in MP3 but goddamn if the cutscenes don't kill my desire to replay it in a hurry. I also think his movement was kind of janky with the diving into a wall, and all of the transitions between states taking forever. I'd hate diving infront of some cover and having to stand all the way up to crouch behind it. I thought that was terrible and the game would be a 1000000000% better if I could just dive into cover without having to standup in between.

I'll never get tired of being who complain about diving into walls in Max Payne 3.......don't dive head first into the wall. You even have air control!

Salsa

You mean you want to watch several hours of unskippable cutscenes? I love the shooting in MP3 but goddamn if the cutscenes don't kill my desire to replay it in a hurry. I also think his movement was kind of janky with the diving into a wall, and all of the transitions between states taking forever. I'd hate diving infront of some cover and having to stand all the way up to crouch behind it. I thought that was terrible and the game would be a 1000000000% better if I could just dive into cover without having to standup in between.

arcade mode breh

I'll never get tired of being who complain about diving into walls in Max Payne 3.......don't dive head first into the wall. You even have air control!

I think a lot of people played the game with a controller and as a cover based shooter

it's about 10x better with kb/m. you get much needed precision that allows you to go slow mo nut and play it like 1 and 2 without any issues

I'll never get tired of being who complain about diving into walls in Max Payne 3.......don't dive head first into the wall.

I wasn't trying? I'm trying to dive across a hip height wall come up short and get treated to the jankiest bounceback animation I've ever seen. It's not like I ran around purposefully diving into walls, so you must be misreading my post. Furthermore I'm specifically talking about the sluggish euphoria stateblending. As in it has no stateblending for animations and you end up having to play the full animation for every single action which makes the game feel less responsive than it should. If I dive and land infront of cover max should not have to stand up to crouch behind it.

arcade mode breh
Arcade mode still has a lot of unskippable mid level cutscenes though.

Pachimari

Coming soon. I think that means it'll be there eventually.

You can always try Bernardo for a copy, really. You'll still be paying less than the Steam price.
Yeah but people already talked about buying it through GMG but I guess it is a region thing.

I'll try contacting Bernardo. :)

Phawx

This isn't a sure thing just yet, but I *may* have a Fairy Fencer F steam code to give away.

Not sure yet.

Oh man it's great to be able to check this thread out now that I can actually play the games! Even though I lost everything on my hard drive I don't miss my Macbook Pro at all.

I bought The Dream Machine Parts 1-4 from a gaffer last night and maaaan, Part 1 was a blast. I think I'm going to limit myself to playing those games late night, especially after smoke sesh or two :)

Khilandros

This isn't a sure thing just yet, but I *may* have a Fairy Fencer F steam code to give away.

Not sure yet.

oooh...I'm interested, as I said, been waiting for this one tomorrow.

I probably don't meet the requirements anyway, so will buy it if all else fails.

Sch1sm

Oh man it's great to be able to check this thread out now that I can actually play the games! Even though I lost everything on my hard drive I don't miss my Macbook Pro at all.

I bought The Dream Machine Parts 1-4 from a gaffer last night and maaaan, Part 1 was a blast. I think I'm going to limit myself to playing those games late night, especially after smoke sesh or two :)

My Macbook Pro is basically an indie machine at this point. Nothing too intensive, so I get you. When I use my Windows laptop, nvidia graphics et al, it feels like a whole new world.

What are the specs you're running on now? And what else have you got lined up to play outside that point/click?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tokyo Hosto -- MB-0AEE4C59034BF0EE - Taken by rainking187. 6 entrants total.
This is the true definition of bundle trash.

t1438642039z1.png

Turfster

The Charnel House Trilogy ($3.59) I haven't played yet, but have heard very good things about it. It's a point'n'click adventure horror game. Where it shines I hear is actually is insanely creepy, has a great atmosphere and story that's slow-burning but builds up in an unexpected, twisted way.
+1
Man on Fire had better gunplay for something you couldn't actually interact with

You. I like you.

My Macbook Pro is basically an indie machine at this point. Nothing too intensive, so I get you. When I use my Windows laptop, nvidia graphics et al, it feels like a whole new world.

What are the specs you're running on now? And what else have you got lined up to play outside that point/click?

I'm still so new to Windows and PC gaming so I don't even know if this covers everything, but this is copy pasted from the newegg page for my laptop:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
2 GB GDDR5
4th Generation Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz)
8GB Memory 256GB

It's an HP Omen 15-5010nr, got this bad boy like new for $600 and it's still under warranty. I haven't run anything too demanding on it yet, just Fallout: New Vegas on Ultra and I've been playing LoL on the highest settings (my old macbook couldn't even adequately handle very low settings, haha). I bought Arkham Knight but haven't downloaded it yet.

I'm thinking about picking up MGS V once I confirm I can at least run it in medium+ settings. Never really played a MGS game. Should I be worried about the low GHz?

You should watch some hong kong action flicks. Max Payne 3 was closer to those than any other game, including the John Woo one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom