• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

As I said before, best part of the game is definitely its second half, not saying the first half is bad. Chapters
5, 8, & 9
are my favorites. I do have one issue in that I found the final
kung-fu
enemies sillier than frightening (though challenging), but overall a great game. Sequel is great too, I think it has higher highs and lower lows, but the story goes off-the-rails in the last third.

I really enjoyed the first chapters, but I see what you are getting at with the latter chapters being the best. I agree with your favorite chapter choice as well, those will go down as the most memorable in the game.

Unfortunate that the second game was never ported to PC. The first one must have under performed at the time.

I kept hearing all this good stuff about Condemned. I go to the store page to buy it and... I already own it. Damn.

It has my recommendation, it's definitely one of those hidden gems that lives up to the hype.

You get your internet fixed the other day?

I really enjoyed the first chapters, but I see what you are getting at with the latter chapters being the best. I agree with your favorite chapter choice as well, those will go down as the most memorable in the game.

Unfortunate that the second game was never ported to PC. The first one must have under performed at the time.

It has my recommendation, it's definitely one of those hidden gems that lives up to the hype.

You get your internet fixed the other day?

While the PC port of Condemned was put out in 2006, it wasn't put on Steam until 2012, which was Condemned 2 was released in 2008 (and under-performed on x360/PS3 due to the radical shift in style/direction). They probably decided to fix up and release the condemned PC port to get some of that Steam money since they already had the game working on PC.

I didn't care much for Condemned, personally.
It was okay when I played it on x360, but I didn't think it lived up to the reputation it seems to have.

Dsyndrome

Just beat Contradiction, thoroughly enjoyable game and longer than I thought it was going to be. Had to look up a few hints, especially the last one, that made no sense, and I have no idea who would logically pick that up. The climax came out of left field too, zero folks would've guessed that imo.

Highly recommended however, hoping it'll get a sequel. Need to go fill out a review on Steam to help out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Seriously! The basement and
getting chased around that house by a psycho killer
were also pretty intense.
i think my general thought process was like "FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME"

i remember playing it with my friends like one try each and we beat it over a long night

we did the same with bulletstorm and i think fear 2?

was pretty fun, i miss playing games to completition with friends, it feels like no one has the time for it anymore

Just beat Contradiction, thoroughly enjoyable game and longer than I thought it was going to be. Had to look up a few hints, especially the last one, that made no sense, and I have no idea who would logically pick that up. The climax came out of left field too, zero folks would've guessed that imo.

Highly recommended however, hoping it'll get a sequel. Need to go fill out a review on Steam to help out.
i feel like i just want to watch the giant bomb guys play it so i'm prolly just gonna subscribe to them just to watch their playthrough

but yeah it sounds hilarious

Momentary

Banned
Damn man. I just made myself depressed because I realized Treasure STILL hasn't released Radiant Silvergun on Steam.

On the same note, Hiroshi Iuchi and M2 better release Ubusana on Steam as well or I actually might go on a legit rampage.

Miguel81

That Dark Souls II SoTFS gmg vip deal was too hard to pass up. Loved the first Dark Souls, and I'm expecting to at least enjoy this one as well. No more King's Field, so this is the closest you can get.

Dsyndrome

I kept hearing all this good stuff about Condemned. I go to the store page to buy it and... I already own it. Damn.

I just did the same thing. Beat it many years ago, didn't realize I bought it on Steam since then.

Thinking about it, it's a Sega game, as is the sequel. Sega should totally build up that PC good will and release the second game on here so I don't have to go pull out my PS3 copy.

zkylon

zkylewd
That Dark Souls II SoTFS gmg vip deal was too hard to pass up. Loved the first Dark Souls, and I'm expecting to at least enjoy this one as well. No more King's Field, so this is the closest you can get.

yeah it's pretty good value for the price, the dks2 dlc are really good

Momentary

Banned
I'm sure this has already been posted.

Nyu Media has another game on Greenlight called STEEL STRIDER. Made by the same cats who did GIGANTIC ARMY, SATAZIUS, and Supercharged Robot. Blows my mind that they still need to go through this process to get their games on Steam.

Nice little video presentation.
https://youtu.be/JTv6ffjdWeg

I'm sure this has already been posted.

Nyu Media has another game on Greenlight called STEEL STRIDER. Made by the same cats who did GIGANTIC ARMY, SATAZIUS, and Supercharged Robot. Blows my mind that they still need to go through this process to get their games on Steam.

Nice little video presentation.
https://youtu.be/JTv6ffjdWeg

Yeah. I asked Abyssal Soul about that (works for Nyumedia and is a GAF member I guess).
I really wonder why they still have to go through Greenlight. They published enough games, that they should freely release games on Steam. Same as Playism...
Mangagamer and Sekai Project can release their games freely now if I saw it correctly.

Tenrius

Judging by that recent tweet, KR0 Act IV is still ways off. At this rate, Yakuza 5 will release sooner (on the PS3). Oh well, I know it'll be worth the wait.

krz-act-4-gas-station.jpg

Anteater

I fell asleep again, I didn't play borderlands this much

boreehsax.jpg

Looking at my play time I actually don't have a single game where I clock over 60hrs+, which I actually do a lot on consoles, my playing habit has changed a lot since I moved to pc

Urgh. Fine but if anyone complains it yours and anteaters fault.

beautiful

it's ok grumpy old Rhaknar don't post here much anymore :p

Momentary

Banned
Yeah. I asked Abyssal Soul about that (works for Nyumedia and is a GAF member I guess).
I really wonder why they still have to go through Greenlight. They published enough games, that they should freely release games on Steam. Same as Playism...
Mangagamer and Sekai Project can release their games freely now if I saw it correctly.

I can understand companies like Digital Homicide having to do it everytime. Playism and Nyu Media put out quality products if you ask me.

dex3108

Steam Idle Master 1.1 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 1.0 or 1.0.1 installed within the next 24 hours.

Here is a list of changes made in this release:
  • Idle Master now has an option to either idle games individually or idle games simultaneously up to two hours, then individually. While simultaneous idling in this case is more effective, some people wanted the option of idling games individually.
  • While idling multiple games at once, Idle Master will now list which games it’s idling and their corresponding number of recorded game hours.
  • Game hours on record will now be displayed in the lower left of the game image while idling a single game.
  • While idling multiple games at once, the “Game” menu at the top of the application is now disabled, as the context of this menu does not apply to multiple games (“skip”, “blacklist current”, etc).
  • While idling multiple games, the application will now check the status of these games every 6 minutes (0.1 hours) to achieve maximum efficiency during this process.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause multiple games to idle simultaneously while also attempting to idle the first game in the idling order, resulting in 31 games open at once rather than 30 and resulted in higher than usual play time for some users.
  • Fixed a bug where usernames with unicode characters were not displaying correctly.
A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com. If you are currently running the portable version of Idle Master, simply download the new portable version and extract the files over the top of your existing ones to update.

You can also force the update by re-running the setup program from the website.

If you encounter any issues, please use the Idle Master discussion board or this thread and I'll do my best to help. Happy Idling!

X87aTcX.jpg

You suck!!! Idle Master sucks!!!

Just kidding tnx once again :D

Anteater

gears is win 10 only right?

I'd play that game on coop, never did on the 360 and never finished it in SP, the game feels a lot like RE4 to me as inspiration at the time, although a lot more actiony and more streamlined

Momentary

Banned
So would Gears of War be bought from the Windows app store? That seems kind of weird to me. Wouldn't they try to integrate it into their XBOX stuff they have in W10?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Cyborg -- MB-020A8F918E3E8743 - Taken by NingenJanai

Lain

I wonder if it has to do with sales. Like, once you have a game that sells over a certain amount, you become a real publisher so you don't have to go through greenlight.

Tenrius

Who wants to play something in Tabletop Simulator later today (evening European time)? I remember buying it with some SteamGAF folks and we talked about playing some board games, but never really got around to doing that. I have no idea what particular game to play though.

Sch1sm

gears is win 10 only right?

I'd play that game on coop, never did on the 360 and never finished it in SP, the game feels a lot like RE4 to me as inspiration at the time, although a lot more actiony and more streamlined

It is Win 10 only, yeah. They made all the games backward comp, so I there's about zero chance of those being ported over to Steam. I personally love Gears. One of my first 360 games, so I'm especially fond of the series.

That being said, play it. Play it.

So would Gears of War be bought from the Windows app store? That seems kind of weird to me. Wouldn't they try to integrate it into their XBOX stuff they have in W10?

Xbox app, not Windows app store.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm so lttp on this game, that everyone must be dead already.

the online isn't nearly as active as it was on release (those were the days..), but i don't think it'll be deserted or anything

haven't played it since my videocard broke (so in like four months) so can't tell you how dead it is right now, but even back then it was very rare to be invaded

which teaches you the valuable lesson of "always preorder souls games" since they're so much better to play on release

Uraizen

Banned
We all wish, but I feel like that won't happen. Maybe $25, unless it ends up an Arkham Knight scenario and you're willing to wait out code expiry. lol.

This is what I plan to do. Luckily I have zero hype for the game, but I wouldn't mind getting it for cheap one day.

Who wants to play something in Tabletop Simulator later today (evening European time)? I remember buying it with some SteamGAF folks and we talked about playing some board games, but never really got around to doing that. I have no idea what particular game to play though.
I'd be up for this, or even Jackbox, tomorrow evening but I'm not available tonight.

derExperte

Since Stealth Inc 2 is in the weekly deals I want to mention that it's now also available through PS+ if that's an option for you. Off my wishlist it goes.

Arthea

today is Fairy Fencer F day, are you ready steamgaf?

edited: oh, and it's time to get back to Nom Nom Galaxy too! Too many games, too little time...

edit2: Eitr look nice, although... that wave of skellies in the trailer looked boring and a game seems a tad too dark for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom