• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Soulflarz

Banned
It only counts players for Kills if my merory didn't go bad. The ai thingies give points to a different score.

And was doing pilot kill math before I looked at my scoreboard. If we're counting AI kills, i went like uh 50-1 my first match, but who counts AIs :p

Now for the most graphically intensive game on my Wii U

EARTHBOUND :D

derExperte

[NotyetonPCbutsoonsowhatever] Galak-Z QL: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-galak-z/2300-10556/

And was doing pilot kill math before I looked at my scoreboard. If we're counting AI kills, i went like uh 50-1 my first match, but who counts AIs :p

1ab8410b237d730446660df1272b1001.jpg

:eek:

Sayara

Neo Member
your and Ozie's definition of horrible needs some work.
It's by no means amazing, but as it has a game from my wishlist, so it passes. Also it still needs to be proven that Discouraged Workers, Tokyo Hosto and Quantum Conscience are all bad, as nobody played any of those.
Sword of Asumi could be considered horrible, but has its moments, War of the Human Tanks has seal of Approval of munchie and Vanguard Princess is certainly not horrible, even if it was bundled right and left.

what kills you, only makes you wiser next time around.

also you know you can save there and repeat parts of the game to pass some of those checks even first time, don't you?

I was not aware of this at all ._.

Caerith

I wish Steam's database wasn't so garbagey. Just noticed on the Fairy Fencer F page that it lists both Idea Factory and Compile Heart as devs, but if you go and look at, say, the Agarest games, they list just Idea Factory even though Compile Heart (and Red Company) also developed them.

Nzyme32

Vive seated tracking test. Setup where the lighthouses are both just infront
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWz_LcPXrI

zncTkpN.png

tldw: it's fine

The guy who worked on the creation of the lighthouse system has been pretty clear that the Lighthouses can work for both sitting, standing or full room scale, but also are designed to be placed pretty much where ever you want. They have feet so they can go on the floor or be put on any surface, and have the appropriate sockets for wall mounting or tripods. It just happens to be that the most ideal place to put them is elevated and in the opposite corners of the room since that is what reduces the occlusion the most - but it isn't a requirement as many seem to think

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So, am I right in assuming that currently $35 is basically the floor on Phantom Pain?

Anyone know when it might go up on Nuuvem or GMG?

Quick impressions for Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (it's so bundly I'm gonna die!):

The protagonist still doesn't have a name, but she has the same mission: hunt down the baddie from Enigmatis 1. Her hunt takes her from Vermont to northern California, where people have been going missing under similar circumstances. She gets in yet another car wreck(!) but at least this time she retains her memory. Shortly after her wreck, she witnesses a family of three get abducted and the child separated from her parents. So you have to find out what happened to them, why, and who (the old baddie? Someone new?) You get your detective wall back for more basic logic, as well as two allies: the other detective from the previous game (with a new, worse, voice actor) and "The prisoner," who does some Hannibal Lecter quid pro quo shit, and is also
The baddie from the first game, who had the same voice actor as before! Come on, bitch, you've heard his voice! How could you not friggin' tell?! GAAH!

The bonus chapter tells the story of a minor character who ran into the villain before. Did they even still have hippies in 1978?! That's all I gotta say about that.

Gameplay-wise, it has significantly fewer hidden object scenes than its predecessor, and they're more fiddly - lots more of those ones where you have to pick some object up and use it on something else to get the needed object - so much so that for the first time I actually had to start playing through the game again to get the "solve a scene in less than one minute" achievement.

Speaking of achievements, there are two sets of "find the things in regular screens" - Normally these are fine, IF you're allowed to go back to all the scenes and find them before you do the final action. But in this one they're missable (a few are at the very beginning of the game before it's even explained what you're supposed to be looking for, and by the time you figure it out, those places are gone forever.) They also have achievements for doing the hidden object alternates (a "pair matching" game...which I didn't play. I may or may not go back to that for completion's sake.)

So when you add it all up: fewer hidden object puzzles and not as good ones as before, even more spelling errors than before, worse voice actors, MISSABLES (seriously, fuck that!) probable anachronisms, AND the set up for a third game in the series...this one is definitely below average for an AM game. And that's sad, because the first one was really good and people kinda want to know what happens next. It's not TERRIBLE, but it's definitely not their best work. If you've got the bundle, maybe save this one for last or something.

Turfster

Retroism is selling Darklands for less than a dollar.

Gamesplanet has a couple of good deals going: Grid Autosport 80% off, Batman Citrus and Oranges 75% off, Chivalry 70% off, Resident evil 6 70% off, and many, many, many, many more

So, am I right in assuming that currently $35 is basically the floor on Phantom Pain?

WTB: MGSV TPP 10$
Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Tecl0n

Anyone know when it might go up on Nuuvem or GMG?

I doubt Nuuvem is going to be a good alternative in this case considering the price of the game in brazil steam.

Played about one and a half hour Chivalry with Khronico and Miguel81. Was fun. But as usual playing with more known people aka other gaffers it might bet even better.

sRhxDf7.gif

Got some throwing-axe kills which are sooo satisfying :)

edLzjvr.gif

Look at the attention to detail when my axe hits his helmet and it flips off. So cool.

8FZ4dCg.gif

Was so darn close. Only one step away Miguel got me an arrow... to the knee presumably.

Binge watched Z Nation. Best zombie survival show I've watched. Walking Dead became shite after season 1 sadly.
Really love the somewhat goofy characters and the fact that they
usually
don't die unlike WD.

Anyway, that got me in the mood for Walking Dead on Steam. Anything needed to know before I start?

jediyoshi

The guy who worked on the creation of the lighthouse system has been pretty clear that the Lighthouses can work for both sitting, standing or full room scale, but also are designed to be placed pretty much where ever you want. They have feet so they can go on the floor or be put on any surface, and have the appropriate sockets for wall mounting or tripods. It just happens to be that the most ideal place to put them is elevated and in the opposite corners of the room since that is what reduces the occlusion the most - but it isn't a requirement as many seem to think

Even the two is overkill for this set up. Unfortunately actual stress tests showing off limitations are rare for the Vive so far, especially one's showing off the more pragmatic setups like this.

Caerith

How to Survive co-op is fun!
The hunger/thirst/sleep management is kinda killing my enjoyment though.

How is the hunger/thirst/sleep? I was kinda disappointed in how New Vegas handled it (since you can go for days without any of those in a desert) and didn't want to heavily mod the game and its timescale for realism.

r3n4ud

Forgot the no thanks rule. No need to thank me folks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forest Warrior -- MB-E0040B2BE355EA0F - Taken by Kifimbo
Metrocide -- MB-6FF80089275F6EA8 - Taken by gurm3n

If your using win 8.1, this seems to be a known problem. I've had the same issue as well. However magically it fixed by itself. Here are some things you can do to see if it helps:

How to fix DNS Server Not Responding Error Normally
Open command prompt window by clicking on Run –> cmd (run with administrator privilege)

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt This will reset the ip

type netsh winsock reset. This command will create a prompt to restart the computer, don’t restart now. This will help reset winsock settings. Although resetting winsock is not related to this error, this might be helpful in fixing other issues which can lead to this error.

type ipconfig /flushdns This will help in flushing the stored DNS cache. Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Try this step if you still have the same problem.

Do a power cycle of modem and computer. Turn off your computer and then turn off the modem and router (if present). Keep it turned off for 5mts and then restart all the devices.Check if the issue is fixed.

Revert Network Adapter Drivers

If you have recently turned up to Windows 8.1, it is informed that the Network Adapter drivers have already been updated with this major Windows update. This might be the reason of WiFi being not in a working order. The first thing you

can try is to roll back the Network Adapter drivers to an older version in the following way.

On Start screen type Device Manager and hit Enter
In the list of driver categories, expand Network adapters to view items under it
Right click the Wireless Connection and choose to Update Driver Software
In the new screen appeared, click the option Browse my computer for driver software
On the next screen, click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
On Select Network Adapter screen, you will probably find more than one device drivers listed for this hardware
Choose the one stating Manufacturer’s name instead of Microsoft and click Next
Once the installation finishes, Restart your computer to take the effect

Still if the issue is not fixed, try the steps below.

Open ncpa.cpl from Start tab. This will open network connections
right click local area connection, then click properties
Select Internet protocol version(TCP/IPv4), then click properties
Select internet protocol ,select “use the following DNS server address”
change DNS server address to global DNS value given below
Preferred 208.67.222.222
Alternate 208.67.220.220 (You can also use Google’s DNS address preferred 8.8.8.8 and alternate 8.8.4.4)
Check if issue is fixed. Changing the Preferred and Alternate error usually fix most of the cases.

Hope these help
I tried these all. Not at once of course. Sadly my problems still pertain. I am now firmly convinced it is my 5 year old router.
Still very thanks for your extremely detailed post to help me pakkidis!

Kagemusha

Get $5 backer credit if you have spent $20 EACH on Bards Tale AND Underworld Ascendant.
Not sure if I want to back Underworld though.

https://www.underworldascendant.com/store/summer-promo.php
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

TownCraft -- MB-34250E57442F9BDA - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Metrocide -- MB-9F959AF272981568 - Taken by Mikurden
Super Cyborg -- MB-50A95B5A6500D66A - Taken by billmcdougal

Nzyme32

Even the two is overkill for this set up. Unfortunately actual stress tests showing off limitations are rare for the Vive so far, especially one's showing off the more pragmatic setups like this.

Personally, since the lighthouses only need power I can't see an issue with putting one in a corner somewhere opposite a desk (if I had to use a desk setup) and the other on the desk. I don't see a reason to have the two right in front of you. It's a nice stress test of sorts though, but a bit futile since the lighthouses will change for the consumer release and won't even use the same laser setup; going for IR lasers or something I think

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyway, that got me in the mood for Walking Dead on Steam. Anything needed to know before I start?

Nay, not a thing to know before hand. It's all self-contained as a story, with no need to read the comic universe it's set in.

However I disagree with anyone who says the choices don't matter. They do matter, they do influence how you play and how you feel about choices after you make them. Just don't look up what the other choices lead to. Let your experience be your own experience, not in comparison to someone else's.

Aye it's a game and there are only so many ways to give numerous options while still being manageable as a game to develop and tell a story with (unless it's a MUD or deep and multiple year in the making text Adventure games), and some dislike losing any illusion dropped. Yet while the illusion is there, just as it is with any game with choice, it's grand.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Aw, I thought that was a big plus for the game to be so beloved. Story & Choice :/

Play the game and don't read up. I loved it, and it really did feel like my choices were pivotal and important. These systems always break if you talk to other people about it and find out how their choices ended up, but when playing the game your choices do make some real impacts and you do feel in control.

FCFS Extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away some kind of fighting game about anime butts. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-6FC0F33FD46816BE

Ventara

Now, I know this is the Steam thread, but I know there are some awesome dudes in here who may be interested, and this really isn't any more OT than whatever you guys talk about in here.

Anyways, the pre-sale for Summon Night 5 LE has begun! This is an awesome PSP game that Vic Ireland, a gaffer here, has worked hard to bring to the west. And the game even comes with a digital copy (to be emailed) for all those cool Vitacats out there. Here's a direct link. It might not load, but keep trying.

Here's exactly what you're getting for your $42 + shipping
Case with multi-sided cover insert
UMD with custom art (may be different than shown)
Full-color game manual
Giant 14"x19" poster (one of two randomly inserted shown)
Full Summon Night 5 Original Soundtrack CD (OST)
North America PSN (only) digital download code, good for free download
Serial Numbered Holographic Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom