• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Rocket League on PS4 and now Steam. That's great, all games should free!

So how long are chapters 4 and 5 in Peace Walker? I think I am at the end of chapter 3. Should I be able to finish this weekend? Although I think I'll need to collect some tanks and helicopters because I was dumb and got mine blown up.

man you're not going to tfinish the game anyway, did you know you have to grind at a certain point? like grind a lot. I didn't even know you had to grind when i got to that point in the game, i assumed i finished the game but nope, you have to grind for something and then you fight the true final boss and get the real ending.

Played through The Swapper all day yesterday and was quite impressed. Surprised it is not really talked about much.

I am new to PC gaming as I only recently just bought a PC and am going through a lot of the games I bought on Humble Bundle over the years for the day I would eventually get to play them with a gaming PC.

Have about 30 games. Not a lot but saving money for winter and next summer sales.

If anyone has any extra Rocket League or Portal 2 codes I will give them a good home.

I told my friend about The Swapper and he then went and bought it but from a site for $2. On Steam it sells for $16-$18 Canadian. G2A was the site. Are these sites legit and how are they selling for so low? Stolen? Guessing not legit as the URL is banned on GAF. Haha.

I told my friend about The Swapper and he then went and bought it but from a site for $2. On Steam it sells for $16-$18 Canadian. G2A was the site. Are these sites legit and how are they selling for so low? Stolen? Guessing not legit as the URL is banned on GAF. Haha.

G2A is not legit.

The swapper was in a Humble Bundle before, so I guess they just bought a lot of bundles and then sell it on their site...

Teggy

man you're not going to tfinish the game anyway, did you know you have to grind at a certain point? like grind a lot. I didn't even know you had to grind when i got to that point in the game, i assumed i finished the game but nope, you have to grind for something and then you fight the true final boss and get the real ending.

Uh...well that sounds great.

Is this to get all the metal gear parts? It already seems like I will have to do some boss fights again to get those.

Played through The Swapper all day yesterday and was quite impressed. Surprised it is not really talked about much.

I am new to PC gaming as I only recently just bought a PC and am going through a lot of the games I bought on Humble Bundle over the years for the day I would eventually get to play them with a gaming PC.

Have about 30 games. Not a lot but saving money for winter and next summer sales.

If anyone has any extra Rocket League or Portal 2 codes I will give them a good home.

Welcome! I heard good things about The Swapper so it's nice to hear that you enjoyed it.

Going to point you to the trusted sellers in the OP. Be sure to check the last four site, which are bundle sites, for getting games for pretty cheap. Also, check before buying that you will receive Steam keys.

410axy1.jpg

Uh...well that sounds great.

Is this to get all the metal gear parts? It already seems like I will have to do some boss fights again to get those.

ah yea thats its. didn't want to spoil it for you, didn't know how sensitive you was about that :p its a bad grind. my recommendation is to just beat the game and youtube the rest

actually i was there in the first 4 asking for a favour :(

well ok..lost my chance

Sorry man, I missed yours. :(

I was busily trying to buy as fast as possible and just got the first 4 that quoted me.

Well now I know that you can only buy 5 in quick succession before Paypal and steam throw a fit.

dex3108

Oh look at that Batman AK Patch got Release Candidate versions in SteamDB. Maybe they will keep promise after all and release it in August XD

Momentary

Banned
Oh god, this is gonna work out so well for KT in the post-refund environment.

If they don't fix this by the 31st, I'm refunding and getting MGSV.

It actually looks like its an own version. The assets seem to be similar to the PS4/PS3 Version, but the water e.g. looks like the PSV version.

KT...

Assets do not look like PS3. They models look worse. It could be a bug and the game is probably actually downscale-able all the way to PS Vita settings. The comparison video is pretty jarring.

I completed the game on PC without too many issues. It's important to work out what compatibility mode works best on your PC (as it seems to vary) and to use the Large Address Aware patch (increasing the usable RAM for the game) to lessen the memory-leak-related crashes.

Here's an old post of mine about the LAA patcher.

There's a lot of helpful information in that thread. It can take a while to tweak the game into a "runnable" state, but once you get it running you don't have to re-tweak anything.

The game's totally worth it -- I really, really liked it (crappy port and all).

This is some great info. I'll have to give it another whirl some time.

Thanks, electroflame!

bonus
tumblr_mb12v7Ttlk1rdu0swo1_500.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If they don't fix this by the 31st, I'm refunding and getting MGSV.

It's Friday. There's zero chance of the game transforming from a Frankenstein-like ugly duckling to a PS4esque swan in a matter of hours.

Kaleinc

Banned
I agree, it's one fucking dollar

It's for people driving too slow.

I played Last Light and few hours of 2033 in Russian, doesn't really help much with immersion. Every line sounds like VAs reading from the script, maybe it's the shitty VAs, but maybe that's just how the language sounds.
English VA is also terrible cause it's probably the same guys reading a script in bad Engrishu after 3 hangovers.

Momentary

Banned
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/140253

Better comparison of One Piece. PS4 vs PC. This thing doesn't share assets with PS3 or PS4 at the moment. I'm sure they'll fix it in a day.

Seriously though. I know it shouldn't irk me, but people who defend companies like this and get mad when you point out issues with their beloved franchise because you want a better product just baffle me.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I got hooked on dota2 again, this is so bad.

Also did anyone expect more from koei, their PC ports are shit, like real shit.
Just look how dead or alive is right now, is the online mode even released yet?

Its a F2P game. It wouldn't ever be anything but the Win 10 Store. Hardly matters or means anything. We have to wait for GoW or Killer Instinct to actually know if they are going to put their games on Steam.

Yeah, good luck with that.
KI has a F2P system in place with cross-platform play. I'm going to go ahead and wager that cross-platform play will be done through the xbox app on win10, making it extremely doubtful a steam version of KI will be released.

I don't know if Gears of War Ultimate is going to feature cross-play too, but same theory, minus the F2P core.

Free Rocket League on PS4 and now Steam. That's great, all games should free!

Free on Steam? No.
Free with purchase of Steam HW? Yes.

Unless I missed something, that's a big difference there.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/140253

Better comparison of One Piece. PS4 vs PC. This thing doesn't share assets with PS3 or PS4 at the moment. I'm sure they'll fix it in a day.

Seriously though. I know it shouldn't irk me, but people who defend companies like this and get mad when you point out issues with their beloved franchise because you want a better product just baffle me.

Should've just bought the Vita version, dude.
#BetterOnVita

chronomac

An extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Portal 2 -- MB-96E4A4E48395A85D - Taken by Sch1sm. 4 entrants total.

t1440742461z1.png

I got hooked on dota2 again, this is so bad.

Also did anyone expect more from koei, their PC ports are shit, like real shit.
Just look how dead or alive is right now, is the online mode even released yet?

People had fate on BandaiNamco, the publisher.
They wouldn't release a bad port after the series of good ones previously.

Dsyndrome

Does purchasing on Nuuvem work with the VPN method nowadays? Been browsing via one to see what all I've missed out of curiosity, never actually used one for purchases there.

Momentary

Banned
Should've just bought the Vita version, dude.
#BetterOnVita

I'm getting attacked on Steam just for informing people through the review system. Man people take their One Piece seriously.

The game is fun, but I'm not upvoting a product that wasn't tested properly and is misrepresented on the store page.

Sch1sm

If there is MM pre-load.

Believe.

Finished the first chapter of Marvellous Miss Take earlier. I'm in the Turfster camp of the controls not being overly terrible. I use kb+mouse, rather than kb for movement, or a controller. What I find awkward sometimes is maybe the POV, but I understand the necessity of an overhead view to spot the paintings/artifacts Sophia is "retrieving," and map out a route for a flawless, undetected run.

It is a bit janky when it comes to the guards' movement near walls, so they'll sort of stutter between it in either direction before moving along. Their movements are marketed as unpredictable, but if you spare that one extra second you can sometimes spot which way they're headed.

Does purchasing on Nuuvem work with the VPN method nowadays? Been browsing via one to see what all I've missed out of curiosity, never actually used one for purchases there.

Yes.

Chariot

Considering Koei Tecmos all ports have been subpar, that's wishful thinking.
Somebody told me this isn't a port and Nobunaga is a PC game in the first place.

I'm getting attacked on Steam just for informing people through the review system. Man people take their One Piece seriously.

The game is fun, but I'm not upvoting a product that wasn't tested properly and is misrepresented on the store page.
Some people are strange. I got in some arguments about my negative review of Front Wars. Shouldn't critize indie games, etc.

Deques

I was sleeping and I missed the great pirate war *cough* price glitch *cough* of One Piece? :(

Is there a copy left for me? Any Australian who wants to be best buddy with me?

Chariot

I was sleeping and I missed the great pirate war *cough* price glitch *cough* of One Piece? :(

Is there a copy left for me? Any Australian who wants to be best buddy with me?
Same here. PS Vita version sound pretty meh, but One Piece and a warriors game are tempting (I bought both Dynasty Warriors games and will buy Nobunaga, I am part of the problem)

Caerith

I ran "Was this review helpful?" through Google Translate and it came back "Do you accept that people have opinions different from your own?" So yeah.

Some people are strange. I got in some arguments about my negative review of Front Wars. Shouldn't critize indie games, etc.

Shouldn't criticize indie games, shouldn't point out that Ubisoft games aren't perfect, shouldn't recommend games made by or about women, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom