• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. PS Vita version sound pretty meh, but One Piece and a warriors game are tempting (I bought both Dynasty Warriors games and will buy Nobunaga, I am part of the problem)

It seems its, hopefully, just a bug, since changing the graphic options dont change anything...

The question is, why this didnt show up in a QA.

JustLynx

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Beta -- MB-4B4F847D13E27D60 - Taken by ngt. 1 entrants total.

t1440745761z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-CE561C1619BCDCCD - Taken by Caerith. 6 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-8A69671DD2993BF8 - Taken by M.D. 3 entrants total.

t1440755781z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
in the steam coming releases list, it is after Stellaris :(

When the steam page for Stellaris went up early the release date for it was like 27th february 2016, wonder if that's the releasedate they are aiming for for stellaris and then maybe HoI4 a few months after.

They can't really release 2 grand strategy games too close to each other, it's a niche genre so that would be bad for them financially.

will shovel knight amiibo work with steam version ??
...You're pretty amusing.

Chariot

When the steam page for Stellaris went up early the release date for it was like 27th february 2016, wonder if that's the releasedate they are aiming for for stellaris and then maybe HoI4 a few months after.

They can't really release 2 grand strategy games too close to each other, it's a niche genre so that would be bad for them financially.
My heart still hopes that Stellaris will release early. Paradox don't do public betas right? I need that shit in my veins.

I need to burn hetetics and destroy the xeno scum!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
My heart still hopes that Stellaris will release early. Paradox don't do public betas right? I need that shit in my veins.

Nope, but you often have a small chance of getting into closed beta by doing some "recruiting" to their official site for the game, like HoI 4 has.(This might have only been a HoI4 thing, also it was only 10 beta invites LOL)

Also HoI4 is soon into closed beta and they often have like 6 months beta then release.

Personally I think it's daft that WB have no compensation scheme like Inity's when the game is still unavailable 2 months on >_>
I'm dying to read what happened there. The whole debacle has been so absolutely baffling, from top to bottom.

The Batman Arkhman Knightmare continues.

Hektor

Anyone know when Batman will dissapear from my libarary?
I refunded it 2 months ago and it's still there.

Do you have it still installed?
Once a game is installed it will never disappear from your libary until its uninstalled, That happens with refunds as well as free weekends. The play button will be changed to a purchase button, tho, for obvious reasons.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Once a game is installed it will never disappear from your libary until its uninstalled, That happens with refunds as well as free weekends. The play button will be changed to a purchase button, tho, for obvious reasons.
I don't have it installed, I bought it from GMG and they said the've refunded it.

Kyougar

wait, could you play it through the .exe file?

dex3108

Anyone know when Batman will dissapear from my libarary?
I refunded it 2 months ago and it's still there.

Who knows. Maybe when WB gets enough courage to pull the plug (revoke keys from Steam)? :D

I'm dying to read what happened there. The whole debacle has been so absolutely baffling, from top to bottom.

The Batman Arkhman Knightmare continues.

For me worst thing wasn't broken release. Worst thing is silence after release and lack of communication when they release some info about patch.

Phinor

There won't be any. People refunded their purchases (well majority was able) so WB doesn't need to do anything.

Not everyone could ask for a refund. Many retailers (at least in Europe) refuse to take back sold PC games regardless of the situation.

Not everyone could ask for a refund. Many retailers (at least in Europe) refuse to take back sold PC games regardless of the situation.

Plus the whole Nvidia promo. Fortunately, on that front, some retailers (i.e. Newegg) are giving you the next promo game as compensation.

It's such a big mess.

Dr Dogg

And yet people keep blindly buying Koei Tecmo games on Steam. Alright someone has to be the canary but I think it stands to reason now that the feedback given to them, both constructive and derogatory, has fallen on deaf ears. Even after Eurogamer had an interview them about the state of DOA 5 you'd have thought that someone would said 'is this good enough?' before selecting which one of the gazillion bits of DLC they have to offer as a preorder carrot.

Saty

"Later this year, HTC will offer the first commercial Vive units via a limited quantity of community and developer systems, with larger quantities shipping in calendar Q1 2016."

Product launches are often blighted by stock shortages, though 'limited quantities" of hardware are not often described in this way months ahead of time. Valve offered no clarity on just how limited that initial supply will be, but the emphasis now seems to have shifted to Q1 2016.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ve-will-receive-only-a-limited-launch-in-2015

DOA5 released on Steam? I had no idea.

What was wrong with it? NinjaEdit: Oh, standard stuff--features and common sense. The worst things to get wrong.

Hektor

I don't have it installed, I bought it from GMG and they said the've refunded it.

In that case, you'll probably keep that game forever. Most of those retailers allow you to keep the game even after paying you a refund from my experience, for whatever reason.

wait, could you play it through the .exe file?

Nah, most games will just say "nope". But i guess that'd work with the few games that arent actually steamworks games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom