• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Scalebound might release on W10.

but what I'd really like to see is Rare Replay on PC ToT My friend has a Bone so I'ma harass him to get a copy since i think the only games he has are FIFA 15 and Butt Cream when I last visited him
Speaking of which is there an easier method of running DS4W now?

I love Z Nation and Murphy is my hubby <3 It's got a decent story and characters and it's done about everything it took TWD 5 seasons to do. Can't wait for Season 2 on September 11th.
Another Z Nation lover! :D
Really liked every character. To my surprise even Murphy, haha. Not so much how
Garnett went down
:(
But I'm really stoked for the next season!

I did play an hour of Walking Dead last night before bed and I have to say, I am enjoying myself so far. Playing with DS3 and it feels good. Even more so since the game is more fun like a mix of game and show. So I fall back in my seat with the controller on my lap and experience it. Loving the aesthetics but the gore and zombies still feel so darn brutal and ugly. Real nice.
Not sure how to save though, hope I am not gonna have to replay stuff. Just arrived at the farm so let's see what happens :)
GB Gamescom stream has started, MS conference soon I guess. http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/
Holy Smoke what?! I had no clue it was so soon! Thanks bud, gonna watch now.

Knurek

Scalebound might release on W10.

but what I'd really like to see is Rare Replay on PC ToT My friend has a Bone so I'ma harass him to get a copy since i think the only games he has are FIFA 15 and Butt Cream when I last visited him
Speaking of which is there an easier method of running DS4W now?

Under Win10?

ok i have ds4windows working perfectly now under windows 10 Pro, using exclusive mode so no more double inputs. just sharing what i found over at the devs forums here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-J2K?page=56

Full credit and thanks to Vanquo and Vallaqan forum members at above link who figured this out :) +rep

So you basically create a batch file which runs on system boot and disables the Network List Service and runs ds4windows first, and then it re-enables the Network list service, so once its done cortana and search and start menu all work 100% normal. ive tested this several times and it works perfectly.

Once desktop has loaded just wait a short while you will see the batch file window pop-up and minimised while it runs, just let it do its thing.

They key it seems to granting ds4windows exclusive mode is to hit the DS4 PS button as soon as the desktop appears, so login and then on the next screen hit the PS button on the pad. ds4windows will load and ive set mine to minimise on start. You should see a win10 alert saying default controller 1 connected. simples :)

Note in my batch file ive also added

@ECHO OFF to the top and /min after the first line after start. This runs the batch file minimised, so for those interested here is my batch file below

DS4WindowsFIX.bat

@ECHO OFF

Code:
start /min D:\"DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe"
 sc config netprofm start= demand
 sc config NcdAutoSetup start= demand
 sc config HomeGroupProvider start= demand
 sc start netprofm
 sc start NcdAutoSetup
 sc start HomeGroupProvider
 sc config netprofm start= disabled
 sc config NcdAutoSetup start= disabled
 sc config HomeGroupProvider start= disabled

settings in ds4windows app all ive changed is to set the app minimised on launch and hide controller checked. you can test this in fact yourself, if its worked correctly you can check and uncheck hide controller and it will just beep and no error. without the fix above it says cannot gain exclusive mode, turn off uplay, steam etc etc.

hope this helps! maybe other can try and confirm as well

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TV features
2P1cAtu.png

Dr Dogg

I remember when i used to look forward to Gamescom to see what crazy overpromise SeaBass would give for the next iteration of Pro Evo. I couldn't give a shit these days due to the standard of the series (even if 2015 was a litttttle bit better) and then the cherry on top is the freakish mutant bastard hybrid PC release nonsense.

Speaking of Konami has anyone claimed a Recommendation for next months OT for Metal Gear Solid V? If not I'm going to bagsy that if there are no objections or someone really wanted to do it.

maty

So, steam has my currency now or this is a enhanced steam thing?

Afdajc1.png

Please tell me this isn't real, those prices are higher than what we are already paying.

I just checked my store and I still see prices in US dollars. But if changing currencies means paying more I don't want it.

In that picture Rocket League would cost $27. Our prices should be closer to the brazilian ones not the other way around.

Grief.exe

I wish I can say the same about PS4 with JRPG reconnaissance that they having :(

PS4 has the exact same problem as XBO. I would argue that they are very similar in terms of total library, though the XBO would appeal more to a mainstream audience.

Wake me up when those JRPGs have been released and then six months for GAF to give me a reliable review.

Yeah. Seems like there will be a lot absent from Steam.
The games coming to PC are the most important though.

I've confirmed with the respective developers that Ashen, Below, and Cuphead are still coming to Steam. Unless something new was announced at this conference, Gigantic is still the only indie game exclusive to the Windows store.

Gigantic is going to be DOA.

So time to show old tech demos on our conference? what?

Those tech demos will run measurably better under DX12. Useful by comparison, no?

"Xbox Live on PC"

Please be excited.

Because GFWL 1.0 didn't do enough damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom