• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

I wasted so much atp on not winning valve complete pack when all I really want is Counterstrike Source so I can play Garry's Mod online :(

why teh fuck is CS Source more expensive than GO even during summer sealz?

Not sure why it hasn't been price cut since the GO launch.

Source is still the better game for custom modes though.

So you get only one coin for it and it's a one time use thing?

Well that kinda sucks. They should allow for grinding for that type of thing at least. Kinda like how mass effect 3 handled its mp stuff. I guess that's going to really limit that mode

But coming from the company that created Konami IDs I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Cth

New Tabletop Simulator update includes Jigsaw puzzles... omg

Awesome, time to move on from Pixel Puzzles.. the zombie one has an interesting secondary game built into things, but makes a relaxing activity stressful.

Besides, the exploit makes things a lot less fun.

Looks like Konami...really is a SOB

yeeeaaaah
Got GoT + TftB + JP + Poker night 1&2 for 14. A damn fine price.

Game of thrones isnt worth downloading if you never watched more than the first season of the series, right?
Game takes place in the start of season 4, some events may be spoiler to you.
The only Telltale game I'm missing on Steam is Game of Thrones and
despite my Momoa man-crush
I've never even seen a full episode of the show.

But Tales From the Borderlands is great and everyone should buy it, even if you don't like Borderlands games.
Agreed! Also if you've never watched GoT, then the game is not for you.

um what's a fob do lol

Players will be able to expand their operations to include "Forward Operating Bases" which can be used to generate resources and income for the single-player campaign.[46] These facilities can be attacked by other players, making a player-versus-player mode available whereby the attacking team attempts to steal resources and the defending team tries to protect the Forward Operating Base from the intruder. Defenders will also be able to call on their friends to aid in the defence, especially if their Forward Operating Base is attacked during a story mission.[47] Players will be able to customise the security, staffing and layout of their Forward Operating Bases, allowing for an infinite number of compound configurations. Following the success or failure of the intrusion, the location of the attacking player's Forward Operating Base will be revealed to the defending player to allow for counter-attacks.[48] The Forward Operating Base feature is intended to be an entirely separate multiplayer experience to Metal Gear Online 3.[46]

From wikipedia.

As I understand it, FOBs are small Mother Base that can help your single play campaign missions. FOB upgrades will affect your Mother Base in single player. So the more upgrades you have on your FOBs, the more advanced the techs and upgrades you'll have as well on your Mother Base. It's not essential though.

Anastasia

Looks like Konami...really is a SOB

yeeeaaaah

TGajJhU.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
are witcha3 achievements all broken

i've been playing for like 25 hours and only gotten like 1

Players will be able to expand their operations to include "Forward Operating Bases" which can be used to generate resources and income for the single-player campaign.[46] These facilities can be attacked by other players, making a player-versus-player mode available whereby the attacking team attempts to steal resources and the defending team tries to protect the Forward Operating Base from the intruder. Defenders will also be able to call on their friends to aid in the defence, especially if their Forward Operating Base is attacked during a story mission.[47] Players will be able to customise the security, staffing and layout of their Forward Operating Bases, allowing for an infinite number of compound configurations. Following the success or failure of the intrusion, the location of the attacking player's Forward Operating Base will be revealed to the defending player to allow for counter-attacks.[48] The Forward Operating Base feature is intended to be an entirely separate multiplayer experience to Metal Gear Online 3.[46]

From wikipedia.

so it's like for speeding up progress and maybe having more multiplayer interactions?

doesn't sound THAT bad

still very unnecessary on a full price game

So, just the night I am not watching it, Alienware Twitch-Stream is giving out the goods willy-nilly?

My life in a nutshell. Wrong man, wrong place, wrong time.

Hoping for a misunderstanding on his part. Otherwise things would take a turn for the ugly real quick. As Konami explicitly said all content in the game can be earned by just playing and paying real money only unlocks them earlier - not exclusively. That would be a lie then.

zkylon

zkylewd
did anyone use that better combat mod for witcha3?

sounds like a good idea to me, the balance in the game feels pretty awkward

edit: nvm u have to use a new game for this... too late...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks JC, but it's still cheaper even without any discount from nuuvem for me.. I thought I could get a better price somewhere else.

Nuuvem was the first place I looked, but searching for Resident Evil resulted in nothing but Revs 2 and its DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom