• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
After almost 116 hours I finished The Witcher 3.

Did basically everything, I ignored gwent because I have never cared about card games in RPGs and there are a lot of points of intereste in Skellige that I have not visited because there are a lot in the sea and fuck boats.

Amazing game, glad I finished it before MGSV came out.

I don't know why but I just love the modeling for this npc in the witcher

It's because they a) look like actual people, and b) look different from one another--at least more than most games. It's refreshing.

I'm currently playing TellTale's Game of Thrones and I think 90% of the characters looked the same, with a slight difference in beard or hairstyle. Attack of the clones all over the place.

Sch1sm

After almost 116 hours I finished The Witcher 3.

Did basically everything, I ignored gwent because I have never cared about card games in RPGs and there are a lot of points of intereste in Skellige that I have not visited because there are a lot in the sea and fuck boats.

Amazing game, glad I finished it before MGSV came out.

At least the gwent cards don't carry over in NG+, so if you do go back...

Adnor

Banned
At least the gwent cards don't carry over in NG+, so if you do go back...

If I ever try NG+ I'll give it a shot. I have to get the rest of the Witcher gear diagrams before that tho, I'm missing a few.

Feliz cumpleaños atrasado, Salsa, intenta no morir de tanto tomar la próxima vez.

wilflare

Welcome back! Some things you may have missed:

Humble Bundle has a great Telltale deal going. For instance, I picked up Wolf Among Us, both Walking Dead seasons, GoT, and a cheapo title under the section (to get 85% off) and paid $16.49!
Humble also has Stealth Inc 2 for free.
Mad Max preload is up. Near 25GB.
Konami still screwing the world with no preload, but that's old news.

thanks - I appreciate this :D
especially all the bundle stuff. the long flight has really messed up my sense of time :D

I'm back in the US (though first time in Seattle) for PAX Prime - shall update if I see anything
and if any of you are here, do drop by and say hello!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Dictator93 and mercenar1e in the screenshot thread said:
starcitizen_2015_08_2fzu9q.png
starcitizen_2015_08_24qumz.png
starcitizen_2015_08_2xhu9m.png
starcitizen_2015_08_2u7ua1.png
starcitizen2015-08-26tvy0v.png
starcitizen2015-08-26luzei.png

Dr Dogg

If anything has become readily apparent from his flip flopping and ignorance on the PC release date, that Peeler is in no way, shape, or form to be a trusted source on anything.

I'm not saying Konami didn't configure the FOB system in this way, but we have to get confirmation from a legitimate source before jumping to conclusions.

To put it another way, if you told me Peeler was just some random guy on Twitter and not an actual Konami employee, I would be inclined to believe you.

Any other company I'd expect this bloke to be out of a job come Monday as he has systematically caused more and more confusion with everything he says but I'm inclined to think it's indicative of how Konami is run today. I get that a community manager is nothing more than a messenger, they're not a decision maker, developer, producer, executive or anyone with this knowledge first hand so they have to relay communication from various departments and enquire further if they don't know (or sometimes just ignore the question). But for a simple question to get so lost in translation might paint a picture of how fucked up Konami really is.

dude no...

Welcome to the real world... where those who would actually use the codes and play the games get shafted and those who just want to make a profit seem to win things. :lol

thanks - I appreciate this :D
especially all the bundle stuff. the long flight has really messed up my sense of time :D

I'm back in the US (though first time in Seattle) for PAX Prime - shall update if I see anything
and if any of you are here, do drop by and say hello!

Grab me one of them there Dark Souls 3 posters and have Miyazaki sign it while you're at it, k? Thanks man!

Decided to give the Dying Light Demo a look to see how it was.

6 minutes in, I got sick to my stomach. I had to quit because i felt like throwing up. lol

Its now so bad, i need to lie down.

It looked quite nice and interactive though! urp oh god

dex3108

I guess Mad Max keys from GMG won't be out until Monday. It is hard to beat grey market sellers when they already started distributing keys before even pre-load started. Somehow supporting legit things sometimes is not better for customer/user.

Dr Dogg

I guess Mad Max keys from GMG won't be out until Monday. It is hard to beat grey market sellers when they already started distributing keys before even pre-load started. Somehow supporting legit things sometimes is not better for customer/user.

Funstock 1 GMG 0

So, just the night I am not watching it, Alienware Twitch-Stream is giving out the goods willy-nilly?

My life in a nutshell. Wrong man, wrong place, wrong time.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
just woke up at 11:30pm on my birthday

literally missed my own bday

how symbolic
Happy birthday!
Too few steps.

You should have to buy in game currency that can only buy mother base coins that can only buy FOBs.

Konami missed a real opportunity here
Add using mother base coins to play pachinko machines to win FOBs.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hordelicious -- MB-4E5A1B4FDF18F036 - Taken by Milamber

Ludens

Banned
Just completed Chernel House Trilogy. Maybe the game is...well, let's say a BIT short for its price (around one hour, the game is way too easy and it's impossible getting stucked), but it has very good writing and setting. There are a lot of references to other media like videogames, book and so on (you can even find a Death's book by Gaiman in the game :p), the experience is worth a play. I just a bit disappointed becase the game is divided intro three chapters, I thought the first one was like a prologue, when I discovered the remaining two were on the same lenght, I felt ripped off, mainly because the story has a lot of potential and hint the player toward a specific thing that won't ever happen. I don't know if this is because the game has a sequel planned or what, but I'm sure the developers can program a proper game (I mean, a lenghty one, not too lenghty, but at least five.six hours would be very good) with all the stuff they hint to.

Chariot

I finished GZ earlier than espected and currently somewhat hot PW3, Vita graphics or not. Is there a legit place where you can still buy cheap copies?

Ryne

How is Gunvolt on PC? I have it on my 3DS but I would like to play it on PC if it is a good port.

Anyone with any impressions?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fun fact: KONAMI literally means MYWIFE in Norwegian

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

Alright, can now say for certain Close Your Eyes will be coming out this Monday! The Goodie Bag DLC will come a bit later that week.

1x76MXYc.png

Oh, the things I want to do to you, Little Marshmallow...
Would you moan?
Would you squeal?
Would you whimper?
I'd like it if you screamed.
I imagine you'd give the most wondrous scream.
Would you scream for me? Would you scream real good?
Simon is yours, and you are mine, Little Marshmallow.

(It's been a short project extended a bit longer than I'd like it too due to life busyness of me and my partner, but positive or negative I look forward to see people's response to the game this Monday)

Ludens

Banned
header.jpg

Alright, can now say for certain Close Your Eyes will be coming out this Monday! The Goodie Bag DLC will come a bit later that week.

1x76MXYc.png

Oh, the things I want to do to you, Little Marshmallow...
Would you moan?
Would you squeal?
Would you whimper?
I'd like it if you screamed.
I imagine you'd give the most wondrous scream.
Would you scream for me? Would you scream real good?
Simon is yours, and you are mine, Little Marshmallow.

(It's been a short project extended a bit longer than I'd like it too due to life busyness of me and my partner, but positive or negative I look forward to see people's response to the game this Monday)

How long is the game? Is it linear (I mean, is it possible to getting stucked?)? I'm cleaning out short titles until MGSV will release, if Close your Eyes will release in a good time window manageable for italian dudes, I could finish that one too.

Dusk Golem

How long is the game? Is it linear (I mean, is it possible to getting stucked?)? I'm cleaning out short titles until MGSV will release, if Close your Eyes will release in a good time window manageable for italian dudes, I could finish that one too.

It's linear though there are a few spots the game branches out to different linear paths and some areas/locations/story will only be visited if you go down certain paths. It'll be hard for me to guess a time, the original game before expansions I would of put at 40-60 minutes, but the average I found people took was around an hour and a half. With this new final expansion version of Close Your Eyes (what's releasing on Monday), I'd estimate around 90-120 minutes long, but some may take longer/shorter.

The new version of the game also has 7 endings, and each ending is pretty different, and some are attached to unique gameplay segments.

Ludens

Banned
It's linear though there are a few spots the game branches out to different linear paths and some areas/locations/story will only be visited if you go down certain paths. It'll be hard for me to guess a time, the original game before expansions I would of put at 40-60 minutes, but the average I found people took was around an hour and a half. With this new final expansion version of Close Your Eyes (what's releasing on Monday), I'd estimate around 90-120 minutes long, but some may take longer/shorter.

The new version of the game also has 7 endings, and each ending is pretty different, and some are attached to unique gameplay segments.

Umh, thanks a lot. 2 hours is ok, I think. Is hard to get different endings? I mean, are they binded to some convoluted actions, or can you achieve them if you know what to do?

Dusk Golem

Umh, thanks a lot. 2 hours is ok, I think. Is hard to get different endings? I mean, are they binded to some convoluted actions, or can you achieve them if you know what to do?

Depends on the ending. To give a written example of the first two endings you can possibly get, both of which come much sooner than the other endings...

There's an area you can reach from the Judith Manor, at one point you get a key that has two uses, and can either leave the manor all together or continue exploring. Continue to explore, and you'll eventually get to what's under the manor... Two endings are there, one ending you can get easily if down there, the other ending is a hidden ending that can only be obtained if you did something a bit convoluted earlier in the game, but then the other five endings would be along if you had left the manor instead of going down beneath the house.

Ludens

Banned
Depends on the ending. To give a written example of the first two endings you can possibly get, both of which come much sooner than the other endings...

There's an area you can reach from the Judith Manor, at one point you get a key that has two uses, and can either leave the manor all together or continue exploring. Continue to explore, and you'll eventually get to what's under the manor... Two endings are there, one ending you can get easily if down there, the other ending is a hidden ending that can only be obtained if you did something a bit convoluted earlier in the game, but then the other five endings would be along if you had left the manor instead of going down beneath the house.

Ok, thanks a lot. I'm really curious toward your game, usually I like a lot those little titles. Good luck with the launch!

Corpekata

Banned
The only real issue with the Gunvolt port is that dual screen thing is required in between levels, where you're like organizing, selecting the next level, etc. You can't go single screen on that.

Other than that though, it's a bare bones Japanese port, e.g; it goes up to 1080p but not above, and is locked to 30 FPS. Plays fine. Yeah, the whole dual screen thing looks cheap and seems lazy but it can be safely ignored for the most part.

If I use a VPN to New Zealand and Steam to install The Phantom Tollbooth will Gaben ban me?

I assume If you're caught, then yeah.

Steam Subscriber Agreement ("SSA"):
You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom