• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

---

Welcome to ArcCorp - Star Citizen 1.2 Released

Greetings Citizens,

The first release of Star Citizen’s Social Module is now available on the live server! We would like to thank the thousands of backers who helped stress test this release on the PTU early in the week; now we’re excited to make it available to everyone. You can access the complete patch notes for today’s release, Star Citizen Alpha 1.2, here.

The Social Module represents our first step into Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe. In the coming months, you will begin to see Star Citizen’s formerly-disparate modules come together into our long term vision for the game. Today, you can enter your Hangar, load up Arena Commander and take the elevator to explore ArcCorp with other players. From here, expect to see the universe expand!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
just woke up at 11:30pm on my birthday

literally missed my own bday

how symbolic

Happy birthday, Sansa <3

In Steam related things, Killing Floor 2 is still the king of Multiplayer this year:

25E578D45BB9238C3CCD649C490D7F7247EE2791

445BC990A15847AECD97D20B70385D906AC933B1

Grief.exe

Robert Peeler @popsicle confirms that you can only own 1 of 4 FOBs without paying real world money.

In an interview (currently live). Peeler said that you can own a total of 4 FOBs. The first FOB is entirely free and can be purchased with GMP. The next 3 FOBs cannot be purchased with in game currency at all and can only be purchased with Mother Base Coins. Mother Base Coins CANNOT be earned in game by any means and can only be acquired through real world currency transaction.

KOOOONAMI..!!

If anything has become readily apparent from his flip flopping and ignorance on the PC release date, that Peeler is in no way, shape, or form to be a trusted source on anything.

I'm not saying Konami didn't configure the FOB system in this way, but we have to get confirmation from a legitimate source before jumping to conclusions.

To put it another way, if you told me Peeler was just some random guy on Twitter and not an actual Konami employee, I would be inclined to believe you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Monster Loves You -- MB-52A19AFC179FFF6D - Taken by NingenJanai
God Mode -- MB-906F2B882017640D - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Crimsonland -- MB-058609676537A347 - Taken by Belgarion
Strata -- MB-D27DE60ECA2BBE2E - Taken by Oreoleo
Solar Flux -- MB-8BA4ABB43FD11FEE - Taken by gurm3n
Eufloria HD -- MB-AFBF514F042C50A6 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Beatbuddy -- MB-4E34D026C4CB7BD5

Well, that's a bummer. I for sure bid in the mass win Witcher 3 raffle, but nothing in my inbox.

kxldqFK.gif

Also won the wearables bundle, but I just entered that for the hell of it. I'd much rather have W3...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Edit: Ah Shadow of Mordor, finally I will discover past three hours how well that enemy improvement system works out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What do you usually say in an email like that, out of curiosity? Do you let them know you're a collector?

Yeah, I explain why I want it and offer to pay for the key/s. Most of the time I'm ignored or told that it's "not possible", but I've had a bit of luck here and there (Hegemony: Philip of Macedon and the original release of Zombie Driver + its DLC come to mind).

Yeah, I explain why I want it and offer to pay for the key/s. Most of the time I'm ignored or told that it's "not possible", but I've had a bit of luck (Hegemony: Philip of Macedon and the original release of Zombie Driver + its DLC come to mind).

That's interesting, good luck getting a key!

Eila

Well, that's a bummer. I for sure bid in the mass win Witcher 3 raffle, but nothing in my inbox.

kxldqFK.gif

Also won the wearables bundle, but I just entered that for the hell of it. I'd much rather have W3...

Is Lenard done sending codes? I got my Witcher 3 code but I entered some other things like bloodsport and SMITE skins. Oh well, got the big one, at a leaast.

Is Lenard done sending codes? I got my Witcher 3 code but I entered some other things like bloodsport and SMITE skins. Oh well, got the big one, at a leaast.

I think there were some codes they're gonna send tomorrow. But yeah, he said he finished sending out W3 codes, and then left to go get drinks or something.

Dr.Acula

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/kxldqFK.gif

Also won the wearables bundle, but I just entered that for the hell of it. I'd much rather have W3...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you typed like !tikcet 1 by mistake or something.

Vibranium

Banned
If anything has become readily apparent from his flip flopping and ignorance on the PC release date, that Peeler is in no way, shape, or form to be a trusted source on anything.

I'm not saying Konami didn't configure the FOB system in this way, but we have to get confirmation from a legitimate source before jumping to conclusions.

To put it another way, if you told me Peeler was just some random guy on Twitter and not an actual Konami employee, I would be inclined to believe you.

He tries to jump into "eeeeYong"yea's stream to clarify things, and somehow makes it even worse with the soft-launch thing.

And I want someone at Konami to do a quick Ground Zeroes mouse cursor pop-up patch too. I guess they'll never listen though.

Sch1sm

I'm back in the US but haven't had time to check-in here :O

Welcome back! Some things you may have missed:

Humble Bundle has a great Telltale deal going. For instance, I picked up Wolf Among Us, both Walking Dead seasons, GoT, and a cheapo title under the section (to get 85% off) and paid $16.49!
Humble also has Stealth Inc 2 for free.
Mad Max preload is up. Near 25GB.
Konami still screwing the world with no preload, but that's old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom