• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Total Biscuit says Black Ops III is a step back from Advanced Warfare.

Seems to be citing the reduction in skill ceiling from the improvements in the last game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4b52ZHcHzY

l9lffwf.gif

It's hard to tell where a ceiling is when your head is as far up an ass as his is. Advanced Warfare was trash in multiplayer.

Dsyndrome

Nuuvem just canceled my Stasis preorder... ???

I haven't used any VPN and used PayPal as usual (even made another transaction without problems elsewhere). I even got the PayPal receipt of the payment...
My preorder status just says not released yet, you get an email from them or something?

Dr Dogg

Well at least BLOPs III works as when ever I tried to play AW the rubber banding was abysmal. Granted I've got shit internet but it's fine in BLOPs I, II and now III. What a difference some care and decent servers make. Zombies looks rad as this time around too.

Also trying to write a spoiler free story breakdown but still have it make sense is harder than you think. Speaking of, jshackles when do you need my recommendations? Did you say by tomorrow? Better pull my finger out I suppose.

Chariot

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I thought it was more of a meme at this point...given there around a few hundred 'do you rike it' posts between this thread and MGS threads.

I apologize if anyone was offended.
"Do you like it" is a meme, but the other spelling makes it dumb racism. Especially if anybody posts it with a grinning Solid Snake with buckteeth.

Grief.exe

l9lffwf.gif

It's hard to tell where a ceiling is when your head is as far up an ass as his is. Advanced Warfare was trash in multiplayer.

He was citing actions per minute and how everyone was flying around like crazy in AW, while his BOIII video barely anyone left the ground.

I'll go with whatever you guys say, I don't know anything about Call of Duty.

Well at least BLOPs III works as when ever I tried to play AW the rubber banding was abysmal. Granted I've got shit internet but it's fine in BLOPs I, II and now III. What a difference some care and decent servers make. Zombies looks rad as this time around too.

Also trying to write a spoiler free story breakdown but still have it make sense is harder than you think.

Weren't they peer to peer in AW, but Treyarch pushed for dedicated?

Sini

He was citing actions per minute and how everyone was flying around like crazy in AW, while his BOIII video barely anyone left the ground

APM is odd thing to discuss abut fps games. CS:GO is extremely skillful game, but COD AW and BLOPS3 still have bigger average APM since you use ADS and jump around a ton.

Dr Dogg

Weren't they peer to peer in AW, but Treyarch pushed for dedicated?

Hybrid apparently but I'd say yes they were P2P and Activision/Sledgehamer just tried to spin it as something else.

You'd think with the amount of dough they make they'd stump up for decent servers but I guess not. Even when we do get dedicated servers these days they next to never come with a server browser, if the do they're convoluted like Battleog and gone are the days of having access to host your own server on your own hardware, it's rental from an official supplier or nothing at all. In 20 years time we could still play Battlefield 2 but most of the releases in the past 5-7 years will be lost to the wind.

Nzyme32

Did anyone here back Mighty No. 9 and get the Mighty Gunvolt key? If so, was it emailed, and when? I don't seem to have received the email

Edit - nevermind, I'm getting confused between this and Strikers

Phinor

Well at least BLOPs III works as when ever I tried to play AW the rubber banding was abysmal.

Lucky you. After 3 patches the beta still has unplayable stuttering for me. And as usual, my brother has the same stuttering so I doubt it's an isolated issue. Not that AW was any better, my mouse still doesn't work properly in that game. It skips and has random acceleration. Weird how past three CoD games have all been complete technical mess (in all three cases mouse issues and past two games stuttering as well) for me while other first person shooters work great.

Ozium

Did anyone here back Mighty No. 9 and get the Mighty Gunvolt key? If so, was it emailed, and when? I don't seem to have received the email

Edit - nevermind, I'm getting confused between this and Strikers

What is Strikers?

Now I wish Strikers 1945 would be ported to Steam

Can you still get cheap Borderlands and Game of Thrones at Humble Bundle?

Yes.

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands (we still have Telltale keys in stock, and you receive one Telltale key and one Steam key with every purchase). We will be receiving more Steam keys ASAP. You can still buy the game now, and we will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

Pachimari

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Portal 2 -- MB-11239A807F973A49 - Taken by fertygo. 16 entrants total.

t1440869139z1.png
As the one who won the game already owned it, I am now giving it away again.

I'm still confused by that Telltale deal. Why would they set the bundle up in such a way so that you could get Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and three other games for less than the sale price of either Game of Thrones or Tales from the Borderlands?

Would people here agree with the general consensus that the Borderlands Telltale game is interesting even if you think Borderlands humor is a blight upon good taste?

I'm still confused by that Telltale deal. Why would they set the bundle up in such a way so that you could get Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and three other games for less than the sale price of either Game of Thrones or Tales from the Borderlands?

They probably had a better deal or something. They would have to know people could exploit it like that.

Teggy

Because if they sell more games they can free up space in the warehouse. Storing all those keys costs money.

M.D

I'm trying getting back into Alan Wake. Can someone remind me, do you have to aim the light at the enemies for a certain period of time before shooting? Its supposed to give a visual cue?

abracadaver

I'm trying getting back into Alan Wake. Can someone remind me, do you have to aim the light at the enemies for a certain period of time before shooting? Its supposed to give a visual cue?

There is a big glowing ring that gets smaller until it disappears along with a sound

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

When the enemies have a black, cloudy aura around them, they're impervious to your bullets. Your flashlight has two levels of strength - hip fire (weak) and combat stance (strong). Just passively aiming around without readying your weapon will chip away at their available protection, but it will take you about 3 Stephen King novels before it breaks their darkness shield. Aiming with your weapon will eat away at the shield much quicker.

There are two indicators for how much shield a particular enemy has left, one visual, one audible. The visual cue is a bright circle that almost looks like a lens flare that appears whenever light touches them. It starts off very big, and slowly wilts away until the shield breaks. The sound cue is a medium-pitched banshee-screech which gradually ramps up into higher frequencies. It will almost be completely shrill noise by the time the shield pops.

Backlogger

I caved and bought the Telltale bundle. It's such an amazing deal it's hard to pass up even though I probably won't play them all right away.

Walking Dead s2, GoT, Borderlands, Wolf, and Jurassic for around $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom