• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Madridista, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Portal 2 -- MB-11239A807F973A49 - Taken by fertygo. 16 entrants total.

t1440869139z1.png

Dsyndrome

I'm having a bit of a problem with Steam that I was hoping somebody here could help with. A handful of my games won't launch for some reason, the 'preparing to launch' window will pop up for no longer than 2 seconds then disappear, there are no error messages or anything. Some games still work but so far the Black Ops 3 beta, MGSV: Ground Zeroes and Resident Evil Remaster all won't launch at all.

I've tried reinstalling them, verifying the game cache and updating drivers but nothing has solved it. The only thing that has changed since they worked in the past has been the installation of Windows 10, has this been a known issue since it launched?

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks.

Have you tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8.1? Sorry if that seems obvious, didn't see it on your list of things you tried though.

Tizoc

Buying PS1 Rockman collection instead it gots more features.

Troll post?
The PSOne ports are worse.
Do you even read Japanese cuz all they add is Easy mode and a gallery.
FYI the gallery in Legacy is quite big with more stuff than the PSone games' galleries.

Pachimari

Minecraft is a super boring game :/ how its so popular is beyond me

To me, it is one of the best games released in the past decade.
I love those games with no narrative, and where I get a field where I can just build whatever I wanna build.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-2B63B7317CC34CD4 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 7 entrants total.

t1440877305z1.png

Well that would be cheaper than the 64.99 the Star Wars pack currently is. Did 2.0 allow you to play the actual missions or was it only toy box?

Some missions. To be honest, I got bored after a bit and forgot to go back. I think that the Avengers missions were playable (and some of the Avengers characters were unlocked)

Jawmuncher

Some missions. To be honest, I got bored after a bit and forgot to go back. I think that the Avengers missions were playable (and some of the Avengers characters were unlocked)

To be fair the general consensus was 2.0 all around was a bore fest. Hoping 3.0 is good, so far it sounds like it is.

dex3108

This morning i deleted around 40GB of ShadowPlay videos (i keep recording them and deleting them without posting them anywhere for some reason) from my HDD and Windows should delete windows.old on Monday from SSD. I also need to delete those Windows 10 Setup folders.

derExperte

This morning i deleted around 40GB of ShadowPlay videos (i keep recording them and deleting them without posting them anywhere for some reason) from my HDD and Windows should delete windows.old on Monday from SSD. I also need to delete those Windows 10 Setup folders.

Why not just let the Disk Cleanup utility run?

Ultimadrago

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ultimadrago:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ultimadrago, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Puzzle Agent 1 -- MB-24DC868D25A15DFD - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Poker Night 2 -- MB-D729DDEA09C3A965 - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-3C3BF207B5042974 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

t1440878683z1.png

Deitus

Yeah it is, I just got on a streak of finishing games in my backlog and deleting them, ended up with a bunch of extra HDD space.

Ah, that makes sense. The way you phrased it made it sound like you were vastly overestimating the size of the game.

I just moved a 25 GB game from my SSD to my HDD, so I'm ready.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Papo & Yo developer’s Time Machine VR has launched on Steam Early Access

Time Machine VR is one of the first “truly native VR games” to hit Steam Early Access, and it uses Oculus Rift DK2 or Crescent Bay along with a controller.

In the VR game, human face extinction due to a plague. You play as a time-travelling scientist who travels back to the Jurassic period to extract DNA from dinosaurs and the like in order to save the human race.

Players will pilot the time machine through the prehistoric oceans and “navigate a dangerous food chain,” all the while “tracking, probing, scanning and baiting” the beasts.

A playable 10-minute demo is available for free on Steam, with premium access to the game’s first hours of content available at an introductory price of $9.99.

Minority plans to release major updates throughout the rest of the year, approximately every four weeks. The game will be expanded with new levels, creatures, features, and more. The price of the game will increase with every major update.

Chariot

Well, somebody doesn't own Besiege yet. That person should totally not buy it on Humblebundle for 5 bucks. It won't ever bother me.

Ultimadrago

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ultimadrago:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ultimadrago, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-4EFEB36E5382EACE - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total. - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.

t1440869800z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom