• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks uncomfortably angular. I hope someone makes a good fightpad for sf5 though. Didn't care for the fightpads for sf4 and sfxt, the d-pad felt like garbage to me.

Yeah those were crappy versions of the Saturn pad which is too bad but they were prone to breaking anyways.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's uh quite a saursay pic

I binged on Broad City a couple of weeks ago and my first thought was, "She looks like Ilana in that episode where they try to get to a wedding."

CSrQwEM.jpg

Well, AssCreed is all about collecting shit.

Kevin

So what's up with Unreal Tournament 3: Black?

The steam version of the game simply does not work. It will not allow me to type in my cd key and automatically says key invalid. I hit ok to retype and it just automatically blinks back to invalid key.

Anyone know what exactly is wrong with this or if there is a fix?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone know of a source for tracking historical card prices back 6 months or so? I feel like there's been a significant decline in average card prices in 2015 and I'm wondering if it's just me. It feels like it's a combination of widely available bundles, tons of games with cards on the weekly turd sales. You would think the 2 hour barrier would have caused a price increase.

Anyone know of a source for tracking historical card prices back 6 months or so? I feel like there's been a significant decline in average card prices in 2015 and I'm wondering if it's just me. It feels like it's a combination of widely available bundles, tons of games with cards on the weekly turd sales. You would think the 2 hour barrier would have caused a price increase.

I don't know of a source, but, anecdotally, I've noticed this trend as well.

It used to be that you would never sell a card for 3-4 cents, but that seems to be the norm now for "non-AAA" games. Even the higher priced cards are still rarely more than 12-15 cents.

Kuroyume

Banned

I wonder if the extra work to get a trade done also has something to do with it. Like if I wanted to trade something the person would have to go into their email to confirm it or something. I used to be intro trading cards but now most of the trading forums I've seen are steam are pretty dead.

Eila

I don't know of a source, but, anecdotally, I've noticed this trend as well.

It used to be that you would never sell a card for 3-4 cents, but that seems to be the norm now for "non-AAA" games. Even the higher priced cards are still rarely more than 12-15 cents.

I believe that booster crafting caused the rare cards to basically have a top price. I remember selling a bunch of anime looking cards for a buck or close to it early on.

Momentary

Banned
That stick though..

Hella ugly.

Pretty sure those aren't sanwa parts though and the button placement up top so close to the push-buttons is fucking atrocious. I'd roll with that stick if it wasn't for that.

Been thinking about buying one of these to celebrate the PC Fighting game revolution that's about to happen.

Nice low profile, minimalist design with a carrying handle. Throw a quick release on that bad boy too...

Only way I know how to check that is by going to an individual card's market page and then clicking on 'lifetime' in the graph to assess changes in value.

I only sampled it with Killer is Dead, and it has indeed fallen compared to the past 12 months.

Uzzy

ok. Decision time!

Skip straight to Witcher 3 or play Witcher 2 first?

Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, you'd be doing yourself a disservice skipping it.

Pretty sure those aren't sanwa parts though and the button placement up top so close to the push-buttons is fucking atrocious. I'd roll with that stick if it wasn't for that.

Been thinking about buying one of these to celebrate the PC Fighting game revolution that's about to happen.

Nice low profile, minimalist design with a carrying handle. Throw a quick release on that bad boy too...

Very nice looking. I've been thinking of trying to get my hands on the Chun Li TE2 that MadCatz are bringing out soon, but that'll probably sell out five minutes after going on sale.

Khronico

ok. Decision time!

If you only have time for 1 witcher game, play 3.

2 is an amazing, fantastic RPG but is not really necessary to play before 3 as not a whole lot will carry over that's of any significance.

If you do have time, I'd highly recommend playing 2 just because it's really, really good.

ok. Decision time!

witcher 2 is like a 6/10 game, witcher 3 is a 15/10.

if you plan on playing both do W2 first, it can be completed in around 25-35 hours if you're not doing every little quest, then you can experience the godliness that is The Witcher 3. If you're only planning only planning on playing one though go for W3.

ok. Decision time!

The Witcher 3 is special in that it has many meaningful callbacks to the previous games. Witcher 1 and 2 are both thoroughly represented in this respect, and playing them both will give you an even greater appreciated for the wonderful Witcher 3.

It's not like Mass Effect where you just get emails. There are some really mindblowing callbacks.

Witcher 1 do it

Khronico

The Witcher 3 is special in that it has many meaningful callbacks to the previous games. Witcher 1 and 2 are both thoroughly represented in this respect, and playing them both will give you an even greater appreciated for the wonderful Witcher 3.

It's not like Mass Effect where you just get emails. There are some really mindblowing callbacks.

Witcher 1 do it

All of the witcher 1 callbacks went right over my head and it bummed me out.

Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 released in the same year. Remember this.
EHHHH. W2 didn't suck, but it wasn't good either, slightly above average at its best day. I enjoyed the story I'll give it that.
I want to live in this world where the Witcher 2 is an average game. It would be glorious.

Momentary

Banned
Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, you'd be doing yourself a disservice skipping it.

Very nice looking. I've been thinking of trying to get my hands on the Chun Li TE2 that MadCatz are bringing out soon, but that'll probably sell out five minutes after going on sale.

Yeah man... you gotta know somebody to get your hands on things like that.

Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 released in the same year. Remember this.

I want to live in this world where the Witcher 2 is an average game. It would be glorious.

Live in my world then. Also I said slightly above, huge difference

Also, I liked Dragon Age 2 more than Witcher 2.

lets go.

I don't understand the A for awesome in DA2, I played it on pc in the beginning of the year and there was no QTEs, was that only on console or was it patched out?

Uzzy

EHHHH. W2 didn't suck, but it wasn't great either, slightly above average at its best day. I enjoyed the story I'll give it that.

2's combat is pretty stiff as well imo, even with that official combat overhaul mod. W3's combat is ace as fuck though.

witcher 2 is like a 6/10 game, witcher 3 is a 15/10.

if you plan on playing both do W2 first, it can be completed in around 25-35 hours if you're not doing every little quest, then you can experience the godliness that is The Witcher 3. If you're only planning only planning on playing one though go for W3.

lets go.

Only one response to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw

Edit: If you're referring to the comment's manifestation rather than the origin of the ridicule, then I dunno. I've never played a Dragon Age game.

Ugh. I played the Dragon Age 2 demo. Pre-ordered Dragon Age 2. And then, after having completed the game, started to get the impression that it wasn't good. Now, here I am, years later, still lamenting everything about Dragon Age 2... aside from EviLore's OP.

What has Bioware done to me?!

Ugh!

gelf

I think if I used a pad I'd want it modeled after the Saturn controller since I don't mind playing fighting games on that at all.

Even as someone who finds the Saturn controller the best of all time the shape of that doesn't bother me. To me it mostly comes down to having 6 face buttons and a good circle dpad which it does have so I'm cautiously interested in getting one. I cant imagine it'll feel as good to use as the Saturn one though. I bet the dpad is worse.

Sulik2

lets go.

Brofist. Dragon Age 2 is a fantastic game. I got bored with the Witcher 2 and quite after 12 hours. Dragon Age 2 back to back playthroughs. Its a fantastic game outside of reusing environments. Verric and Merril for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom