• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Brofist. Dragon Age 2 is a fantastic game. I got bored with the Witcher 2 and quite after 12 hours. Dragon Age 2 back to back playthroughs. Its a fantastic game outside of reusing environments. Verric and Merril for life.

I agree. If it wasn't for the recycling of assets, Dragon Age 2 would be much more fondly remembered.

I'm not saying dragon age 2 is the best game out there, but its a pretty good game. better than origins? nah I like origins and awkening more, but better than witcher 2? hell yes. also its better than Inquistion too. How can people say with a straight face that DA:I is better than DA2 is bonkers. DA:I is a massive pile of shit. literally the worst game i played this year. The grinding was god awful too, it was so bad that this is the first game that I ever had to use a trainer just so i could hurry up and see where the story ended and even taht was completely disrespectul. After such a trashy journey they have the god damn nerve to end it in a cliff hanger. That is so bad that I don't even want that new Mass Effect game because ME3 wasn't that great either, its like Bioware turns more to shit with each one of their games, but i digress. DA2 is a solid 7-7.5

Brofist. Dragon Age 2 is a fantastic game. I got bored with the Witcher 2 and quite after 12 hours. Dragon Age 2 back to back playthroughs. Its a fantastic game outside of reusing environments. Verric and Merril for life.

MY MAN!! I beat W2 just cause I liked the story, the gameplay it self was poop, turned that shit down to the easiest difficulty just so i can pass by combat quicker

If they ever make a Juri Arcade Stick, i'll jump on that so fast.
Chun Li is too common.

here ya go...you just have to find whoever modded this one and steal it from them

Juri_6.JPG

Uzzy

If they ever make a Juri Arcade Stick, i'll jump on that so fast.
Chun Li is too common.

I've seen some great custom artwork of Juri on fight sticks, but an official one would be quite welcome. It'd probably sell out just as quick as the Chunners fight sticks though.

Maniac

Banned
TW1 is good. TW2 is really good. TW3 is incredible. edit: Incredible doesn't begin to describe it. It's thé best RPG ever made. It's my favourite game ever made, which had otherwise been the same game since... 2004 or some such. It's that good. DA2 is decent at it's best, and terrible at it's worst, and overall mediocre.

MEDIOCRE;

DA2 is a stinking pile of dung that wasn't as good as the first game in ANY aspect other than weapon and armour design. And that is it.

Fuck Varric. He's the most one-sided character Bioware had produced up until that point. Ofcourse now we've had ME3 and DA:I... Yeah, that's no longer the case (the characters in those games are far, far worse). Nonetheless, DA2 was the beginning of the end for Bioware, so lets just forget that terrible game existed.

And if you really, truely loved the game, you're disgusting.

Edited to clarify a tiny bit, derpa.

Jawmuncher

here ya go...you just have to find whoever modded this one and steal it from them

http://www.joystickvault.com/data/1262/Juri_6.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Uzzy, post: 176908739"]I've seen some great custom artwork of Juri on fight sticks, but an official one would be quite welcome. It'd probably sell out just as quick as the Chunners fight sticks though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are some good custom ones. On ebay this is the best one I think. Hella expensive though.
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDIyWDc1MA==/z/K34AAOxyVaBSxSxJ/$_57.JPG

Juri isn't a red head though.
They don't all have to be red heads.

What's wrong with Witcher 2?

For me it was basically I expected Witcher 2 to be the game Witcher 3 was.

To be fair, Chun Li quite literally kicks ass.

Them legs.

True she is the original ass kicker.

TW1 is good. TW2 is really good. TW3 is incredible.

DA2 is a stinking pile of dung that wasn't as good as the first game in ANY aspect other than weapon and armour design. And that is it.

Fuck Varric. Most one-sided character Bioware had produced at that point. Ofcourse now we've had ME3 and DA:I... Yeah, no longer the case. Nonetheless, DA2 was the beginning of the end for Bioware, so lets just forget that terrible game existed.

And if you really, truely loved the game, you're disgusting.

What is this? are you trying to say DA:I is a good game? Please tell me thats not what you're trying to say.

What's wrong with Witcher 2?

its like... hmm... its very stiff, like every thing about it is extremely stiff and the combat isn't fun either. Also the trap system is lame. People complained that W3 is stiff but W3 has nothing on the stiffness of W2. Its okay though, CRPR learned from W2 and made a godly game.

Maniac

Banned
What is this? are you trying to say DA:I is a good game? Please tell me thats not what you're trying to say.

Fuck no. DA2 was just the start of Bioware unlearning how to make good games. DA:I has no redeeming qualities to any RPG aficionado, and it most certainly didn't deserve any award for anything whatsoever. Nor does Bioware have any right to exist as a studio anymore.

Anyway, edited my post to hopefully clarify somewhat more.
Fuck, I'm still mad I spent more than a dozen hours on that pile of steaming feces.
I didn't like the combat, dialogue choices and the pacing of the game

Geeeeeeeet out.

I didn't like the combat, dialogue choices and the pacing of the game

I'm with you there on the combat, not the rest though. To me, combat is extremely important in a game since honestly thats what you'll be doing most of the time, and W2's combat was straight up trash.

Maniac

Banned
The funny thing is each witcher has a whole different combat system lol.

The Witcher games have changed a fuckload with every iteration, both on a mechanical and a visual level. And ofcourse the quality of the writing has gotten better and better, too.

And the aesthetic design, armours, weapons... Mmmmmm mmm. Delicious.
If I ever play Witcher 1 im running through it with a trainer.

There are some pretty good overhaul mods on Nexus if you fancy. They make the game quite a lot better. Although using a trainer is understandable since it's quite dated and the combat is... Wonky and not for everyone, especially in this day and age.

If I ever play Witcher 1 im running through it with a trainer.

word.

Fuck no. DA2 was just the start of Bioware unlearning how to make good games. DA:I has no redeeming qualities to any RPG aficionado, and it most certainly didn't deserve any award for anything whatsoever. Nor does Bioware have any right to exist as a studio anymore.

Anyway, edited my post to hopefully clarify somewhat more.
Fuck, I'm still mad I spent more than a dozen hours on that pile of steaming feces.

Geeeeeeeet out.
I disagree with you on DA2 being shit but I'm completely with you on that. ME3 and DA:I proved to me that bioware doesn't know how to make good games anymore. I don't understand how they get so much praise.

Maniac

Banned
I'm with you there on the combat, not the rest though. To me, combat is extremely important in a game since honestly thats what you'll be doing most of the time, and W2's combat was straight up trash.

Cmon. DA2's combat was garbage-bin tier, it was straight up garbage, really. Atleast when it comes to turnbased or any kind of semi-tactical party combat. TW2 was serviceable, hell I actually quite liked it, being used to stuff like Risen and Gothic, it felt... Nice, smooth.

DA2 was just a bastardized version of its former tactical RPG glory and nothing more than a button-masher if you didn't play on a high difficulty.

And the high difficulties were trash anyway.
I disagree with you on DA2 being shit but I'm completely with you on that. ME3 and DA:I proved to me that bioware doesn't know how to make good games anymore. I don't understand how they get so much praise.

I truely believe that there are very few redeeming qualities about DA2. It had a few good characters, quite a lot of shit characters, it had terrible quests, an overall nonsense plot, crap character motivation, incredibly static 'consequences' that were seen a mile away... Bleh. I'd never recommend it to... Anyone, really. Unless they loved DA:O and wanted more of the story.

Ofcourse I'd simply never recommend DA:I. Ever.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's... 4:10 AM and I should've been asleep hours ago.

Caerith

There are some pretty good overhaul mods on Nexus if you fancy. They make the game quite a lot better. Although using a trainer is understandable since it's quite dated and the combat is... Wonky and not for everyone, especially in this day and age.
I installed the combat overhaul mod and it's still terrible. In an ideal world, CDPR would do like everyone else does and hire Platinum.

Maniac

Banned
I installed the combat overhaul mod and it's still terrible. In an ideal world, CDPR would do like everyone else does and hire Platinum.

I'm not a giant fan of what little Plat games I've played. Too much mashing. Although I do think their combat is cool as fuck, buuuut I don't enjoy it as much as a lot of people do.

Although it's certainly not bad at all. Different strokes and all.
Going vanilla on W1

Much like dry buttsex, it might be uncomfortable for a bit, scary, painful and may lead to friction burns.

But it's still one hell of a ride.

The buttsex, that is. Also in the game. And the game.

Off to bed. Tarra!

Anteater

I wouldn't recommend it for the main witcher game but it would work for a Ciri game considering her moveset, or even better, give it to capcom's dmc team.

Grief.exe

No problems on my end, but i did mention in my review that I don't understand why they didn't add the rest of the games.

The other games are at n different platforms, that would increase the development budget and time significantly.

At least CDPR is trying. Most AAA developers beliefs we are incapable of comprehending more than one button for combat.

In my opinion, Witcher 3 can only be played at the highest difficulty. Then at least the combat becomes very deliberate and consequential.

Cmon. DA2's combat was garbage-bin tier, it was straight up garbage, really. Atleast when it comes to turnbased or any kind of semi-tactical party combat. TW2 was serviceable, hell I actually quite liked it, being used to stuff like Risen and Gothic, it felt... Nice, smooth.

DA2 was just a bastardized version of its former tactical RPG glory and nothing more than a button-masher if you didn't play on a high difficulty.

And the high difficulties were trash anyway.

lol we're the opposite. what you feel of W2's combat is what i feel about DA2's combat: good enough. Yea, higher difficulties were a pain though, I was playing on hard at first but I realized all what was happening was that I had to fight extra waves of brainless ai. it wasn't challenging, just annoying, so i put the difficulty to normal.

Caerith

I'm not a giant fan of what little Plat games I've played. Too much mashing. Although I do think their combat is cool as fuck, buuuut I don't enjoy it as much as a lot of people do.
I don't think you're supposed to mash in Platinum games.

I wouldn't recommend it for the main witcher game but it would work for a Ciri game considering her moveset, or even better, give it to capcom's dmc team.

I haven't played W3, but how is Ciri's moveset? I know from the books
she's pretty much a non-mutated Witcher
but Geralt is supposed to be fast and fluid so it wouldn't be a stretch for him.

I don't think you're supposed to mash in Platinum games.

but Geralt is supposed to be fast and fluid so it wouldn't be a stretch for him.

she's way quicker than Geralt, teleports everywhere, hits harder and regenerates health. She's a beast.

Sorry. Do we know what from Ground Zeroes is getting carried over to TPP? Does completion % matter?

i started it, combat felt weird

W1's combat is janky. W2's combat is stiff. W3's combat is god tier.

Someone pressed the shit out of A.

I agree. If it wasn't for the recycling of assets, Dragon Age 2 would be much more fondly remembered.

That really is the biggest downfall IMO. They designed the story in a way to try and write it off (It's the same city over the course of time blah blah), but goddamn...they recycled the shit out of everything.

Anteater

basic controls are like geralt's but they made her a "faster" character, instead of signs she has a teleport move that warps her around the battle field as if she's vergil from dmc, problem is that control wise she has some input delay with her dodge despite it looks fast and has a wider range so it's not as snappy as some of the action games, but still it looks like CDPR is trying to make her into an aggressive action heroine. If they made a game on her they'd probably have to tweak the enemy AIs.

Sch1sm

What's the cheapest MGSV has gone for lately? I've seen it 35 but don't know if Nvidia codes are out yet.

Nvidia codes have been out for a while. Cheapest I've seen is $30 USD on Reddit, here the cheapest was $35 (or trade for a KF2 code, which only costs $16.50USD on Nuuvem). Bernardo is selling them at $38 each in BST currently, iirc.
Trifling.

Nvidia codes have been out for a while. Cheapest I've seen is $30 USD on Reddit, here the cheapest was $35 (or trade for a KF2 code, which only costs $16.50USD on Nuuvem). Bernardo is selling them at $38 each in BST currently, iirc.
Trifling.
Wait what. Where, who? This would make me so very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom