• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

O-Oh, I thought if you subscribed to a thread you'd get a mail when someone else posts?

There is an option for that, but you can turn it off (not sure if it is on by default or not). Subscribed threads will just show up in your list of subscribed threads, so you can just check that every time you check GAF without having to dig up the thread every time.

Sorry. Do we know what from Ground Zeroes is getting carried over to TPP? Does completion % matter?

I haven't seen anything official (and I've been looking), outside of what they said months ago, but the consensus seems to be any prisoners you rescue, or other special characters you extract, like the Eye and the Finger, and
Hideo
will be in your Mother Base crew in TPP. Not sure what else will carry over beyond that though.

Anteater

dude i found a giant whale

99B5CFEFA50DCBCE47120D1807615ACE9563DB73

didn't find any treasure in its butt, disappointing

Jawmuncher

LeafHopper beat Dino Crisis. So proud. He ran through the whole PC version, there seemed to be no issues. Which brings the question why it's not on steam. If they wanted to do a quick and dirty upload. So long as the price was fair like the PSX version on PSN and it includes backgrounds and cards maybe. I don't think there would be any issue.

*You too can be featured in a future Jawmuncher post if you beat Dino Crisis in the near future.

LeafHopper beat Dino Crisis. So proud. He ran through the whole PC version, there seemed to be no issues. Which brings the question why it's not on steam. If they wanted to do a quick and dirty upload. So long as the price was fair like the PSX version on PSN and it includes backgrounds and cards maybe. I don't think there would be any issue.

*You too can be featured in a future Jawmuncher post if you beat Dino Crisis in the near future.

Seriously for a game that was made for Windows 95/98 it holds up ridiculously well. No crashes and the controller support is great. Capcom should really consider putting 1 on Steam. Can't speak for 2, at least not yet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Seriously for a game that was made for Windows 95/98 it holds up ridiculously well. No crashes and the controller support is great. Capcom should really consider putting 1 on Steam. Can't speak for 2, at least not yet.

Dino Crisis 2 is also very good, but different. Dino Crisis 1 is a straight-up Resident Evil clone, but with some systems that were scrapped from the series (such as the bleeding mechanic), the obvious Dinosaurs instead of Zombies, and I also am a fan of Dino Crisis' puzzles (they're not that difficult but I found all of them fun).

Dino Crisis 2 doesn't completely abandon what made Dino Crisis 1 great, and in some ways it's better (the combat system is better, for example, and in turn the boss fights are better, and there's a MUCH bigger variety of dinosaurs), but it trades off a lot of its horror tones for more action-survival tones, but it comes with an absolutely addicting combo-point system which is a bit similar to Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4 onward where you kill enemies before a cooldown time runs up, without getting hurt, which gets a combo going to get you more points, though the points in this are used to buy items/weapons/tools, upgrade weapons, and the like. Even ignoring that though, the game does keep up some horror tones, and has some fun mix-ups to gameplay, ranging from some puzzles, some environmental hazards, and some total mix-ups (like the underwater facility).

I wish Capcom wouldn't completely have forsaken the series. Dino Crisis 3 was bad, but the series is more than redeemable in my opinion, I think most wouldn't care about Dino Crisis 3 which was made over 10 years ago if they decided to make a new Dino Crisis game. At the very least, I hope they decide to put Dino Crisis 1 & 2 on Steam... Eventually.

Backlogger

As much as I love Rocket League the community is starting to wear on me.

• People on your team telling you you suck, when you are contributing more than they are.
  • People on the other team telling you you suck, usually at the end of the game when it looks like they are going to win.
  • Maybe I am misunderstanding this one, but people saying "What a save!" when they score against you.
  • People on your team starting a forfeit vote or straight up quitting when you are losing 0-1
  • And other things

Welcome to online multiplayer. Enjoy your stay and git gud.

Yeah, I usually stay away from online multiplayer, but Rocket League wasn't too bad initially when everyone was learning. Now everyone thinks they are an expert.

• People on your team telling you you suck, when you are contributing more than they are.
  • People on the other team telling you you suck, usually at the end of the game when it looks like they are going to win.
  • Maybe I am misunderstanding this one, but people saying "What a save!" when they score against you.
  • People on your team starting a forfeit vote or straight up quitting when you are losing 0-1
  • And other things
Welcome to online multiplayer. Enjoy your stay and git gud.

zkylon

zkylewd

• And other things
that's just multiplayer being multiplayer

you think ppl are nice in league, lol?

Anastasia

My problem with Rocket League is that I suck at it and everyone is way better at it than me. I just wanna hit the ball around and have fun. :(

Momentary

Banned
My problem with Rocket League is that I suck at it and everyone is way better at it than me. I just wanna hit the ball around and have fun. :(

Yeah. There's a guy I know personally that takes this game way too serious. He can't stand beginners and holds himself on a pedestal. I can't wait to destroy him at Street Fighter V once it shows up on PC.

dude i found a giant whale

didn't find any treasure in its butt, disappointing

You're supposed to look for diseased bits to scrape out the ambergris.

Interesting that they have this in an RPG. I remember way back when, they had an adventure in Dragon magazine for the players to encounter a beached whale (I believe it was dead when they encountered it) and the players had to figure out what to do with it - and if they wanted to salvage it for bones, meat, blubber, etc. how would they transport it? And here we are, decades later, someone's finally implemented it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I enjoyed Witcher 1 more than W2 honestly. But both games were very much a chore. I couldn't get into the lore or politics at all.

The Witcher 3 is a really good game. I fin myself not playing it that often just because unlike something like Mass Effect, Dragonfall, or Wasteland 2, I'm still not able to get invested in the Witcher universe. But when I do play, I'm in the game for 5 hours straight. It's a very convincing place, and mechanically very strong. There's no real 'jank' in The Witcher 3.

I only started playing after the last DLC was released though, so I'm getting a pretty solid product (PC).

Anastasia

Yeah. There's a guy I know personally that takes this game way too serious. He can't stand beginners and holds himself on a pedestal. I can't wait to destroy him at Street Fighter V once it shows up on PC.

I think that's what I've noticed too is how serious people are. I guess it's not too surprising, especially with the "e-sports" stuff attached to it, but at this point I think my only hope for a casual game is to play with people I know.
So in other words never play it since I don't know anyone playing Rocket League.

Omega

Banned
figures steamgaf would like dragon age 2. everyone here has to like some piece of shit game so they can give themselves gamer cred about liking underrated gems

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You can always play against other SteamGAF players on Rocket League, we're nice, friendly, and just having fun trying to get decent at the game. Except Salsa, who cheats.

Kidding on the last part of course, but plenty of us willing to play. Just have to ask and you'll find someone easily I'm sure.

Anastasia

PC and PS4 people can play together

Ohh that's right. I completely forgot about cross-play lol.

I have both versions!

Nice! Let's play some matches sometime. ^^

You can always play against other SteamGAF players on Rocket League, we're nice, friendly, and just having fun trying to get decent at the game. Except Salsa, who cheats.

Kidding on the last part of course, but plenty of us willing to play. Just have to ask and you'll find someone easily I'm sure.

Yeah having more people to play with would be nice.
My psn is Anastasia027 if anyone ever wants to hit a giant ball around with me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Power outage for nine whole hours. I could have been playing my backlog in that time.

I've had a few power outages here today too. The longest one only lasted about 2 hours though. Thank god for battery powered handheld gaming.

Power outage, or fugue state?

MURDER \o/

Shhhhhh.
MURDER! \o/

Played through Party Hard yesterday thanks to ExoSoul. You play as a guy who just wants some peace and quiet so the objective is to kill everyone at the party without getting busted. You can kill people using your weapon, traps, or items you get. If you get spotted and have the cops called on you, escape by running or killing the cop. Some of the NPC's fight you if you do a suspicious action or because they're a bouncer (you get busted by bouncers as well) or beat you because they don't like your dancing. Dancing triggers some NPCs to start dancing as well, move away, or beat you down. The game is a bit repetitive though since you only have one weapon and most traps aren't reusable in a level. There are four characters you can unlock to play, but they aren't that much different from each other except for
the ninja
. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a windstorm on the southwest coast of Canada, supposed with winds up to 80km/hr, and it knocked out power to about 400K homes.

European made Turn-based Tactical RPG Tears of Avia hitting Kickstarter on September 22nd. Everything seems to be pretty early

Soundtrack Sample... That Title Music...
https://soundcloud.com/level-up-audio-1/sets/tears-of-avia-ost

Maybe this alleviate the pain of Disgaea 5 not coming to STEAM...
probably not

Why are the characters wearing so much clothing? It must slow them down in battle a lot. At least they have those giant eyes to see well at night, where their speed will most benefit them.

It looks fine, in seriousness. Though seeing controller prompts on the screen is not filling me with hope for its chances at being something more than a competent action/adventure title.

Momentary

Banned
Why are the characters wearing so much clothing? It must slow them down in battle a lot. At least they have those giant eyes to see well at night, where their speed will most benefit them.

It looks fine, in seriousness. Though seeing controller prompts on the screen is not filling me with hope for its chances at being something more than a competent action/adventure title.

It's like Final Fantasy Tactics. Not your typical PC Turnbased Tactical RPG.

Tears to... Tiara?

Should have known that last shot of underboob would have reeled you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom