• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's done :)

There is still a lot to do but my holidays ends this week so not much time for this project left, I'll tinker it here and there, still have not made a backplate lol, and the internals are still in jumbles and I might replace the speaker, but overall I really enjoyed making it and I wholly recommend anyone going for it to have a go.

Very nice, MRORANGE! In hindsight, what aspects of the design or manufacturing process would you have changed if you could? And any ideas for a version 2 that you could put side by side with this one to possibly play something co-op?

Vuze

Some evil people are planning to spoil MGS5 by making clickbait threads on GAF.

Stay safe. Dont venture outside steamgaf.
You shouldnt do that anyways
That's just sad.
And it sill sucks Konami doesn't offer a preload for the game but instead has moved up the unlock by 16 hours lol. Broken streetdates are probably the biggest plus for retail products eh

MRORANGE

Very nice, MRORANGE! In hindsight, what aspects of the design or manufacturing process would you have changed if you could? And any ideas for a version 2 that you could put side by side with this one to possibly play something co-op?

Thanks, I would probably taken more care into internal spacing of devices, what I found is that I was really restricted in space due to parts and spacing.this is quite hard to visualize the first time round before building as you have to to guess on what will go where, the first build had problems with the HDMI cable bending at an odd angle giving a lot of pressure on the raspi, other thant that maybe use decals or use a acrylic surface layer.

Dsyndrome

Also, like they said on Final Bosman, stay away from Kotaku. Those headlines spoil everything.

Greediness got the better of me. =(

If the example they set with the handling of the one gaf dude who posted about having over $100 in credit after abusing playfire rewards with SAM and using it to order Hotline Miami 2 is anything to go by, you're screwed.

Also, like they said on Final Bosman, stay away from Kotaku. Those headlines spoil everything.

You say this like people actually read/visit kotaku.

Pachimari

If the example they set with the handling of the one gaf dude who posted about having over $100 in credit after abusing playfire rewards with SAM and using it to order Hotline Miami 2 is anything to go by, you're screwed.

I actually just got back a reply from them. They tell me my account will remain open and usable but that the other will stay deactivated. So that's fine and all. :)

Hinomura

Little update about my "canceled" STASIS order on nuuvem.

Got an email from support, says to not worry that I'll receive the game. Now the wait game! :)

L.O.R.D

You mean you don't have a dedicated 1TB SSD solely for your Steam library?

bpbcJ.gif
Oh man , that scene so depressing when I watched it

Messiah

Sword Art Online taught me empathy with other human beings.

Raiden IV finally got dated for a September 3rd release along with this information that might have already been posted before... but I don't know:

Get Hype!

ss_e3c80bba3b51b3c9a9c4d3cfd4f43dfcfaeb7b26.600x338.jpg

Yes! I've been waiting for this.

Chariot

Gnraf, I wanna have PW3, but it still costs so much and by tuesday I will be lost between Metal Gear Solid V and Nobunaga. Those are horrible first world problems. AAAAH

FLD

Damnit, I hate people sometimes. :(

I should probably just stay off the internet entirely, catch up on some TV shows or whatever. Ugh...

Haunted

Someone spoiled the explanation for the sniper's stripper outfit for me and I won't venture in any more MGSV spoiler threads because its shittiness made me shake my head so hard I nearly got a concussion.

It's unsafe!

Ozium

The following games are TELLTALE KEYS not Steam...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-B621CB948AEC0F34 - Taken by Loptous
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-91C79763B9BFC9CC - Taken by L.O.R.D
Game of Thrones (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-2FF320606EE4CE81 - Taken by Ruruja

Also quote this post for keys for Telltale keys for Puzzle Agent and Puzzle Agent 2.

edit: where my telltale icons modbot?!

And it's done :)

There is still a lot to do but my holidays ends this week so not much time for this project left, I'll tinker it here and there, still have not made a backplate lol, and the internals are still in jumbles and I might replace the speaker, but overall I really enjoyed making it and I wholly recommend anyone going for it to have a go.
Congrats Orange, looks lovely. Would be cool if you made some Youtube videos showing the arcade and in action.

yoshizzle

Should still work (apologies if otherwise!)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-926FAC58E6C1A238 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

Dr Dogg

Well Word 2016 is the shit. Works really, really well with touch too.

Also anyone spending $150+ on a Razer product wants to take a long hard look in the mirror.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF is it me or Batman AK didn't do that well? I haven't noticed game on top selling charts except after week 1, buzz around game disappeared quickly (GTA V and W3 that were released before still got some buzz around the web) and on top of that PC fiasco.

how big is the Mad Max preload?

24.6GB (around 32GB on disk).

anyone saw this ?

CNjXf2BUwAAsRx9.jpg

https://twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/637496294718705664

any price or videos for it ?

i know its Razer so its shit by default , but i am interested how the buttons feel

If it's anything like the Sabretooth 360 controller they made then it will probably be alright, I hope it's priced good and I want to see more about it.

Hey SteamGAF is it me or Batman AK didn't do that well? I haven't noticed game on top selling charts except after week 1, buzz around game disappeared quickly (GTA V and W3 that were released before still got some buzz around the web) and on top of that PC fiasco.

24.6GB (around 32GB on disk).

Well they took it off the store after a week or two.

MUnited83

For you.

The game being outright pulled from sale might have something to do with it :p

As far as i know console versions are without issues and available for purchase :p I ment generally not PC only buzz.

I was under the impression this was the STEAM thread sir?!? But seriously it did kind of seem like it came and went, a lot of that might have to do with the PC issues.

dex3108

I was under the impression this was the STEAM thread sir?!? But seriously it did kind of seem like it came and went, a lot of that might have to do with the PC issues.

I am still waiting Patch for PC version to play it and i am little dissapointed to see that talk died quickly. For some reason that is why I am not so eager to play game even after they release patch.

fantomena

Negative reviews citing technical issues, input lag, and the divisive decision to keep slowdown and flickering from the original games. All the reviews I have read so far seem to show very solid controls including low input lag, I wonder if it is an issue with the PC version or just the reviewers individual setups.

Many are also mentioning the 'superior' Legacy Collection releases on PS2 and GC. I can't agree with this especially since those ended up actually having poor performance, poor IQ, and weird controls.

No problems on my end, but i did mention in my review that I don't understand why they didn't add the rest of the games.

redlacs

5 hours into Moonrise. can't. stop. this is going to be a long night. so many monsters and their forms. so polished. so charming. and i havent even tried PvP yet (not becuase lack of players). what a shame this won't be supported anymore. i imagine the cross-platforming is eating the most and too many resources? what if it went just pc? i wouldnt be even mad if this turned into a singleplayer tombstone of some sort, because the content is there.. it would sell. it makes me sad because it plays really nice. i mainly dont quite understand why didnt they released it first, rather than making conclusion now that it won't be worth it. its still in early access! i generally avoid those and wait for release as i want the full experience. i would assume thats what people do. well, it can't be just me. i know its not just me.

I am still waiting Patch for PC version to play it and i am little dissapointed to see that talk died quickly. For some reason that not so eager to play game even after they release patch.

I'm sure when the patch comes out and if it's good, there will be a resurgeance in talk about the game in here at least, I know I still want to play but won't in it's current state.

MUnited83

For you.
As far as i know console versions are without issues and available for purchase :p I ment generally not PC only buzz.

wait, overall? I'm pretty sure is one of the biggest sellers, if not the biggest seller this year. It destroyed every chart the month it released, of that I'm sure.

Vuze

Wow, these "Mark all enemies" trials in Ground Zeroes were tedious.
I mean, not hard but it took me ages to find all soldiers for most of the operations. Anyway, just unlocked the final achievement. I wonder if I should go for 100% game completion (think I have about 95% right now) but I bet it involves solving the top tier trials...

Hey guys, long time no see! Heres a garbage dump (both Telltae games are Steam keys):

ModBot said:
Instructions for Fare Godmace:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-168729ECAE3F8191 - Taken by Spirited
Puzzle Agent -- MB-F1CF530B65F4AD6C - Taken by gurm3n
Beatbuddy: Tales of the Guardians -- MB-FB749395468DBB41 - Taken by yoshizzle

dex3108

wait, overall? I'm pretty sure is one of the biggest sellers, if not the biggest seller this year. It destroyed every chart the month it released, of that I'm sure.

I remember that it was huge launch in UK. But I don't remember that it stayed on 1st place for long. I am probably wrong :D But it is just that strange feeling when your friends are still talking about GTA V and Witcher 3 but nobody mentions Batman even though they played it (same goes for internet talk).

Yeah no matter what I do. Closing the browser helps but this game performs like butt on my computer. It's not just the RAM as for a good chunk of people with better PCs than me it is sucking for them too.

Talking about Black Ops 3 that is.

dex3108

Yeah no matter what I do. Closing the browser helps but this game performs like butt on my computer. It's not just the RAM as for a good chunk of people with better PCs than me it is sucking for them too.

Well it is beta after all. They did warn users before release what to expect in blog post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom