• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

As I posted the day in which TPP preorder went up on Steam, all rewards except GZ are included in Nvidia codes AND every retailers selling the game. Konami site stated this clearly.
Collector's video, Mother Base 3 DLC etc. are NOT pre-order boni, they will be available later too if you don't purchase the game on D1.

Yeah. On Konami's site the only thing specifically listed as a pre-order bonus is Ground Zeroes. Doesn't mean I trust them much though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Maybe very eventually-- NIS seems pretty comfortable releasing only on Playstation-- but at least, with their games being so technically similar, when or if they do there'll be no reason not to just release their entire catalogue.

Well one reason would be lack of development resources. Even if you're just dumping content into a pre-made engine (and it's never that easy), there's all sorts of testing, gamepad and keyboard support, etc. Plus they'll want to spread it out to get people buying each release as they come.

But yeah I think they'll probably give Steam a shot at some point in the next year or two.

Momentary

Banned
I'd expect it to come to Steam eventually. Most publishers dipping their toes into Steam have done older games first and then newer games (see: Neptunia). I'd expect the same thing of NIS whenever they get on board.

This is supposedly their next game on STEAM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFfPs7BYgj0

It feels like they try to find what sold the least from their selection of games and decide to throw it up on STEAM to "test the waters." Looking at reviews... Man... Hopefully the PC version fixes the control issues that seem to be what hurt this game so much. I'm still going to buy it day 1 just to support them bringing other games over.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I'm on Jase and Salsa's.

(╯︵╰,)

I don't make use of the ignore function, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been tempted here and there. Nobody here, for the record; I just have a bit of a pet peeve when it comes to people who'd rather pretend a discussion didn't happen when either they were shown to be wrong or can no longer support their position on something.

Well one reason would be lack of development resources. Even if you're just dumping content into a pre-made engine (and it's never that easy), there's all sorts of testing, gamepad and keyboard support, etc. Plus they'll want to spread it out to get people buying each release as they come.

But yeah I think they'll probably give Steam a shot at some point in the next year or two.

Hopefully sooner since their latest report stated they wanted to support Steam. They should ask Idea Factory Intl. for some pointers on how to port some console games to Steam.

Wok

Saw this in the Woolfe thread. Looks like another GRIN bit the dust.

This is not just the end of Woolfe, but the end of the studio that I founded and nurtured through ups and downs the past 13 years. In 2002, when I founded GRIN with 2 partners, it was our goal to develop independant games. At the time we were focussed on browser based 3D games. Not an easy market to make a living from at the time. Less than 2 years after we started my 2 partners stepped out; there just wasn’t enough work to go round.

While not losing my passion and still spending every minute of spare time, I generated my basic income doing work-for-hire jobs. Every year the company grew a little stronger, a little better, a little more stable. Until 2 years ago, GRIN had 5 full-time employees exclusively making games for clients, we even made enough money to save a little cash on the side. We would use these savings to create the game of our dreams. Little did we know this would be the beginning of the end…

That really sucks. I wonder what went wrong for them. The first time I ever heard of the game was when it was in a bundle so at the very least I think they couldn't manage to get the word out about it.

I missed that piece of news. The game is still sold on the store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281940

https://steamcommunity.com/games/281940/announcements/detail/52141932342997279

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I don't make use of the ignore function, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been tempted here and there. Nobody here, for the record; I just have a bit of a pet peeve when it comes to people who'd rather pretend a discussion didn't happen when either they were shown to be wrong or can no longer support their position on something.

i know that feel.

alas, i am weak and use it.

no one on steamgaf needn't worry

Caerith

Yeah, and all sorts of post-release support because instead of developing for one platform they'd now be developing for countless configurations.

I'm only ever tempted to use the ignore function on drive-by shitposters, but it'd be a wasted effort because drive-by.

I think Season 3 of Game of Thrones peaked for me with surprise shockers that weren't outright kill someone off. The end of episode 3 coming right out of nowhere producing a massive 'what the fuck!?' moment for example. But Telltale's whole shtick had been give you a choice of who you're going to kill off, who does the deed or in a roundabout way gets chopped next episode so I'm not surprised to be honest.

TellTale's GoT has been pretty good about avoiding that, actually. It even throws a couple curveballs where things turn out pretty differently that you'd think due to unforeseen forces. GoT's only problem is that the characters are pretty undercooked due to the sheer number of them. Walking Dead, by comparison, developed a handful of characters over a long period of time.

The thing TellTale really needs to work on is how railroaded the stories can feel at times. If they planned out an ironclad story they'd be kings of the genre. And improved their engine, of course.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Poker Night at the Inventory Telltale DRM -- MB-A1759192C94A23B7 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
The Walking Dead 400 Days -- MB-0B9B941F3D05FA8D - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
A Game of Thrones Telltale DRM -- MB-FB73A8F5E2C59080 - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-6DE1F05C3B3AD2DA - Taken by Anastasia. 3 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands Telltale DRM -- MB-525A600104637954 - Taken by Anteater. 4 entrants total.

t1440928661z1.png

AHA-Lambda

I thought that Notch thread got locked? It still doesn't look too great inside it :/

remember when PC AAA games launched for $10 less than their console counterparts

lol

Yeah, how did we get here? >_>

I still refuse to pay more than £30 for a pc game as that's what it always used to launch at in the UK. Now of course you're looking at £35 or 40, if you don't get a pre order deal somewhere.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hopefully sooner since their latest report stated they wanted to support Steam. They should ask Idea Factory Intl. for some pointers on how to port some console games to Steam.

Heh, you know IFI's staff are largely refugees from NISA, right? The issue isn't the NA branches not knowing, it's talking sense into the Japanese motherships :p

Momentary

Banned
Idea Factory International is a prime example on how to get things rolling. I can't praise them enough on how they learned to port their games over and their great customer service when problems did arise. They never tried to sweep things under the rug and acknowledged when something went wrong and tried their best to fix it. IFI is a prime example on how anyone should run their gaming business.

Hektor

Remember the times when -75% was the gold standard for Steam Sales, not -40%

remember when PC AAA games launched for $10 less than their console counterparts

lol

Remember when we steamusers actually played our games and not just bought them?

Well this game looks already to be further in development than Project Phoenix. I regret ever backing that project. Even if it is released I can't stand the aesthetics of the game.

And now imagine that this game once its released in a few years (As if thats going to happen, lol) it will look even worse and more outdated than it already is.

Was Project Phoenix a scam?

It certainly does feel like one.

witcher 2 is like a 6/10 game, witcher 3 is a 15/10.

No. You're wrong.

Copons

Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10.
Such a buzzkill tho, it all worked fine out of the box and I'm not getting the new OS smell and stuff.
Also I totally forgot what I'm supposed to do with the start menu. What did we use it for back then?

H1PSTER

I won't be able to afford MGSV until after the 19th... Maybe I should avoid gaming all together for these next few weeks.

Steam is going to melt me, everyone I know has it pre-ordered.

At least I have Rocket League... Right?

Anteater

Such a buzzkill tho, it all worked fine out of the box and I'm not getting the new OS smell and stuff.
Also I totally forgot what I'm supposed to do with the start menu. What did we use it for back then?

you're supposed to do a fresh install!

Wok

I do have one problem with Windows 10. Indeed, if I leave Firefox open and put the computer to sleeping mode, then next time I log in, Firefox is all buggy and I have to close it and cannot enjoy the tabs which were left open.

https://support.mozilla.org/fr/questions/1075688

Copons

Actually I've had a couple of problems myself too.

Like there was no sound, and I had to modify the sample rate to 24/48k (easy fix, but still, I guess an unaware user would have freaked out hard).

Or that it totally forgot that I disabled defrag for the SSD and started defragging it like a boss (randomly noticed it in the task manager).

And last but not least, but this isn't W10 related, how the fuck do I make Nvidia to NOT reverting the dynamic range to limited every single time it updates something?
SO annoying.

You can revert it to the 8/8.1 start button if you like.

Copons

You can revert it to the 8/8.1 start button if you like.

Nah, I hated the start screen.
I'd just... you know... rather see Steam or Chrome in my most used apps, instead of Alarm and Download Skype...

EDIT

uh I just realized that if I rub the mouse cursor on the right side of the screen... NOTHING HAPPENS!!!

10/10 OSOTY

Knurek

I'm gonna hit 104 this year.

Unless, dunno, Witcher 3 consumes me. Or some other meaty RPG.

But yeah, 104 should be definitely doable.

Ludens

Banned
Playing GOT right now. From time to time I'm stucked for some secs during a decision, but I think "it's a TT game, anyway, if someone needs to die, he will die" and I pick up the first random option I have in mind.

Anyway those characters...are just a carbon copy of
the Stark.

Playing GOT right now. From time to time I'm stucked for some secs during a decision, but I think "it's a TT game, anyway, if someone needs to die, he will die" and I pick up the first random option I have in mind.
My sister played through two episodes choosing silence in every turn, pretty much everything played out the in same way.

Dr Dogg

They still do in physical format, which is strange and the opposite of what it should be in theory.

Though it is only us weirdos and Germany who get physical PC games in any meaningful quantities these days. Speaking of GAME by me have recently upgraded from 2 to 4 shelves of PC games recently and it's not all Blizzard titles or shovelware either. Endless Space has a pretty rad box and Shadowrun Cronicles has a swanky collectors edition. There's even a Watch Dogs/AC Unity double pack for double disappointment when you find out they're Uplay and both need large patches that you may as well bought them digitally.

Chariot

I first regretted getting weak and buying One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, but then I started the game and I love it, I love it! Everything works, the game itself is very cool. My regrets were shot like deserters in the prussian army.

Ruruja

There's even a Watch Dogs/AC Unity double pack for double disappointment when you find out they're Uplay and both need large patches that you may as well bought them digitally.

Haha, yeah. The last physical PC game I bought was AC: Black Flag because I had awful internet at the time (like you do now :p). It installed something like 20GB which was good, but then it connected to uPlay and I had like a 10GB patch to download anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom