• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

6SDBX2D.jpg

EVERYTHING IS BOWIE!

Ruruja

Coming up to 1 month since I bought FF8 from Nuuvem and still waiting for a key.

Not the best first-time buyer experience with them. :p

L.O.R.D

Coming up to 1 month since I bought FF8 from Nuuvem and still waiting for a key.

Not the best first-time buyer experience with them. :p

i am still waiting too
sent them a new message 2 days ago and they said they have difficulty contacting SE
they also said i can wait or i can ask for a refund

Asgaro

I'm gonna hit 104 this year.

Unless, dunno, Witcher 3 consumes me. Or some other meaty RPG.

But yeah, 104 should be definitely doable.

Congrats!

Also, can you estimate the percentage of indie games and AAA games you played?
And regarding indie games in particular: if you are on Windows 10, did you notice any incompatibility issues?

I'm afraid of going from my trusted Win 7 to Win 10 out of fear that older indie games won't work on W10.
Since these games don't have a large player base, the chances of someone coming up with a workaround are rather slim.
No point in having a backlog that's dead in the water...

Knurek

Congrats!

Also, can you estimate the percentage of indie games and AAA games you played?
And regarding indie games in particular: if you are on Windows 10, did you notice any incompatibility issues?

73 indie so far vs 18 mainstream ones far.
Still on Win7 personally, so can't really help you there. Dreading the change myself as well.

Sorry. Do we know what from Ground Zeroes is getting carried over to TPP? Does completion % matter?

According to the guide: the unique soldiers you capture and the POWs that you rescue, join your Mother Base in TPP as volunteers when you complete certain missions. So make sure to nab the unique soldiers such as the UN Agent, the bald soldier who talks with the UN Agent, Glaz, Palitz, and also all the POWs - just to be safe.

There may be other things too, so I'm not sure if 100% completion really matters.

Arent the only people who still buy retails the ones with shitty internet connections? Doubt they'll take up a huge amount of bandwith.

Well, that's the problem. If those people bought the game because they have a shitty connection, then it's worse for them, because they will have to download it anyway.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up ibb & obb today, it was really fun. I ended up playing it solo, so the controls were an absolute mindfuck. ibb controls with the arrow keys, while obb controls with wasd, so platforming got really fucking hard real quick. The puzzles were pretty challenging, too. I really liked the saturated backgrounds, and the soundtrack was amazing 90% of the time.

Although you can do everything solo, I really don't recommend it. I can't tell you how many times I've raged because of this game. The secret levels are especially a pain in the ass on your own. Fuck that third one with the fins. It was easily the hardest one. If you aren't interested in collecting everything or have a co-op partner though, definitely check this out.

Here's my spare copy. Hope you'll try it out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ibb & obb -- MB-7A473603649F9C53 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1440944803z1.png

Dsyndrome

Only reason for me to go PC physical edition nowadays are collector's editions like the Pip Boy or such. It's also nice if The New Order takes over and now there's no worldwide internet I guess.

Not for V though on both counts, why'd they even bother printing discs if that's the contents?

derExperte

If someone's looking for something to play on Tuesday Battlefield 4 is getting a huge patch (Night Operations) with nighttime maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom