• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

finally

1pxzcwG.jpg

should i wait more ?

L.O.R.D

I've been using Win10 Enterprise for a little while now and haven't had any issues outside of a weird LAN IP address issue with CS:GO.

thanks
i think i'll back up my system and delete everything not necessary in the C drive , i only have 31 GB left
how much windows 10 will take from my drive ?

Parsnip

finally

1pxzcwG.jpg

should i wait more ?

Do it.
Been using it since preview and it's fine.
Though if you happen to use Buffalo N300 wireless adapter, the drivers that MS provides through Windows update don't support 5Ghz for some reason, and you would need to grab latest 8.1 drivers from MediaTek instead. Or at least that was still the case not so long ago.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Since Windows 10 came out, I've been having strange lag issues with CS:GO (the only online game I've been playing since the update, maybe some LoL as well). Almost in every match I play I get this strange lag spikes that go up to 1000ms and I've made sure to disable what I believe is all the connection and internet options that come activated by default in Windows 10 (such as P2P update, all the info deivery to Microsoft, etc). Is anybody having this kind of issues as well? I don't remember having this kind of problems before the update (though I didn't own CS:GO back then) while using Windows 8.1.

Salsa

I feel so weird about the missing my own birthday thing

am I really 26 now or did I cheat it

my own gift to myself was a psychologist appointment tomorrow tho im drinking too much and doing kinda bad at non-steam life. I mean this was ridiculous

but maybe all I need is MGSV

been using win 10 on my laptop since it came out and its fine

Almost did a shabby thing but refrained at the last moment. Hoping for some good karma.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-DE71A29C7D9E151A - Taken by Asgaro. 38 entrants total.

t1441035882z1.png
Hope PIF-rule leads to many others joy as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

my own gift to myself was a psychologist appointment tomorrow tho im drinking too much and doing kinda bad at non-steam life. I mean this was ridiculous

but maybe all I need is MGSV

been using win 10 on my laptop since it came out and its fine

It's time to leave your childhood behind and sell your Nintendo stuff.

Tecl0n

Did you at least evade the hangover with the day long black out?

Salsa

Did you at least evade the hangover with the day long black out?

it was 2 days cause the second day I had absolute 0 will to get up and respond to all my family / friend's messages either telling me happy birthday or asking where the fuck I was or how they called / rang the doorbell etc. I went out with a girl friend on thursday at 11pm and came home on friday at like 4pm and im still not sure what went down at all

im sitting on my living room with a laptop and a cup of coffee responding to all that shit now

it aint pretty but when you're this good at rocket league you get some tough shit in other aspects of life to balance it out. #blessed

it was 2 days cause the second day I had absolute 0 will to get up and respond to all my family / friend's messages either telling me happy birthday or asking where the fuck I was or how they called / rang the doorbell etc. I went out with a girl friend on thursday at 11pm and came home on friday at like 4pm and im still not sure what went down at all

im sitting on my living room with a laptop and a cup of coffee responding to all that shit now

it aint pretty but when you're this good at rocket league you get some tough shit in other aspects of life to balance it out. #blessed

everything about this post is pretty awesome

Zeknurn

Since Windows 10 came out, I've been having strange lag issues with CS:GO (the only online game I've been playing since the update, maybe some LoL as well). Almost in every match I play I get this strange lag spikes that go up to 1000ms and I've made sure to disable what I believe is all the connection and internet options that come activated by default in Windows 10 (such as P2P update, all the info deivery to Microsoft, etc). Is anybody having this kind of issues as well? I don't remember having this kind of problems before the update (though I didn't own CS:GO back then) while using Windows 8.1.

It might be worth going into the Xbox app and disabling the Game DVR function in Settings. It's obviously shouldn't affect your latency but I've seen people have problems with it and CSGO.

Holy shit. That's straight up hilarious.

Asgaro

freshVeggie made me do it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-8D0B486C5EA79372 - Taken by Se7enSword. 5 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-368E61A99C3532DD
Garry's Mod -- MB-197A532EB629ABD8 - Taken by SSPssp. 6 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-ABF964EC43D14C79 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Garry's Mod was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1440961422z1.png

Soi-Fong

What...exactly is that game? I noticed it in Lashman's screenshot of top sellers. Pharmacy sim? Or.

Yeah, pretty much just a pharmacy sim where you try to make profits while at the same time trying to cure or ail different diseases and such. It's real fun in my opinion.

Chariot

I haven't updated to win10 and I can't give a good excuse for why I havent >_>
I hear left and right of friends who can't use this program and can't properly play that game. So I just wait until most of the bugs are eradicated like the kingdom of Burgundy and all important programs are compatible.

Deitus

Almost did a shabby thing but refrained at the last moment. Hoping for some good karma.

Hope PIF-rule leads to many others joy as well.

Nice giveaway. Since I'm pretty sure I haven't given away anything since the last time I got something from Modbot, I guess I'll finally give away this copy of Ori I got during the pricing glitch. I meant to do something with it a while ago, and I just never got around to it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-E1921C3AC83202D5 - Taken by Belgarion. 34 entrants total.

t1440961783z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Capcpom offering Konami some lessons in how to stumble like a drunk.

Funny thing is, Konami ships like one game every 5 years, and than we have:

-missing DLC codes
-errors on spelling a word on the bionic arm
-can't provide the number of CE copies they originally stated to retailers, so a lot of orders got canceled
-microtransactions (well, this is a choice, but I'd like to put it here)

Pachimari

Hmm, so yesterday, I gave away Portal 2, that I got as a gift for pre-ordering the Steam controller. fertygo won it but the link that I sent to ModBot is apparently broke. Is there a way to give him a code instead?

Dsyndrome

I get promoted on Tuesday, thus pretty much locking me into a full career in the military. To celebrate, here's this game people have been talking about. Enjoy!
Edit: It's Phantom Pain with the GZ preorder. Picture is wrong once again for my giveaways.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain -- MB-ED47B051263E0897 - Taken by SirMossyBloke. 103 entrants total.

t1441038162z1.png

Jawmuncher

Glad I cancelled my PS4 CE, after watching the unboxing. Damn thing is a joke. I'll be fine with just the PC version.

I get promoted on Tuesday, thus pretty much locking me into a full career in the military. To celebrate, here's this game people have been talking about. Enjoy!

Didn't know you were military as well. Congrats.

Hektor

To wrap it all up:

An engraving on the most important item of the CE is misspelled.

There are big supply shortages regarding the CE, resulting in dozens of cancelled orders.

The CE's that ship do so without the DLC codes that are supposed to be in there.

The retail ships with nothing but a 8 mb steaminstall.exe on dics

No preload for the steamversion

Nobody was able to properly communicate the nonexistence of a preload, as well as no one was able to communicate anything properly regarding releasetime or microtransactions.

Did i miss aynthing? What a disaster.

Nice giveaway. Since I'm pretty sure I haven't given away anything since the last time I got something from Modbot, I guess I'll finally give away this copy of Ori I got during the pricing glitch. I meant to do something with it a while ago, and I just never got around to it.

Thanks, man! Entered!

Edit: It's Phantom Pain with the GZ preorder. Picture is wrong once again for my giveaways.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Thanks, man! Entered!

Sch1sm

Hmm, so yesterday, I gave away Portal 2, that I got as a gift for pre-ordering the Steam controller. fertygo won it but the link that I sent to ModBot is apparently broke. Is there a way to give him a code instead?

Ask him for his email and gift it that way.

Congratulations, dude. :)

Soi-Fong

Congrats dude!! Which branch are you in?

Ludens

Banned

Entered for this, but I cheated by using this:

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Is my entry valid?

Also congrats :)

EDIT: Well, I killed myself because I first entered Killing Floor 2 giveaway, than TPP one, than I PMed Modbot to disqualify me from all giveaways because I only want enter TPP one, now I discovered even if I enter TPP giveaway I'm always disqualified. Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom