• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the Scalebound video. Pretty impressive looking, reminded me of FFXV kinda. Framerate was wow, so bad but it's in dev so not a biggie.

Definitely not expected Platinum to make such a game. Gameplay looks a lot different than their previous stuff.

Since it's not first-party and with MS past, what you think are chances of not being exclusive?

Jawmuncher

Buck ie Nathan Fillion is in 5 but I want the whole Firefly gang back. Actually I just want a Firefly game to be honest, I'd even take a Time Clicker.
At least serenity was good.
tumblr_myhda8oshS1rvnnvyo1_250.gif

tumblr_myhda8oshS1rvnnvyo3_250.gif
I'll probably warm up closer to release. Even with being "burnt" out i'll probably still get it day 1 or close.

header.jpg
header.jpg

I actually like them too.

They're good.
I've only gotten through Spartan Assault, but it's better than any other Halo game I've played (Halo 3, Halo Reach).

They are going to ever release mainline Halo on PC again, are they?

Aaaaannnnnddd.... nothing of value was lost.

No interest in Dark Souls 3, i'm just burnt out already from the series atm.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Bye bye!
Currently spending most of my time with Bloodborne and loving it. And if I finish this before Dark Souls 3 comes out, I'll be there day one for Dark Souls 3 (and I haven't even seen any footage yet). :p

Grief.exe

Eh Halo Wars was alright. Shame it was 360 only what with Ensemble's PC heritage.

Halo Wars will likely get the BC treatment from Microsoft for XBO, if it hasn't been announced already. Hopefully they port over the original to PC at one point to drum up hype for the sequel.

No interest in Dark Souls 3, i'm just burnt out already from the series atm.

Well we do have at least 6 months or so until Dark Souls 3 releases.
I felt the burnout towards the end of getting the 100% in Dark Souls 2, but I know I will be back and ready for Dark Souls 3 release.

Sch1sm

I thought it was a decent show, they did make a big deal that it was mainly a 2016 focus.

Oh, no, I got that. Right now in the early days, it's a lot of smaller titles, older ones, and f2p. There's a running list of titles announced to come in the thread for Xbox live on Windows:

#idarb
Ashen
Bierzerkers
Crimson Room: Decade
Cuphead
Divinity: Original Sin
Dungeons & Dragons: Sword Coast Legends
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Happy Dungeons
Killer Instinct
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Monster Buster Agency
Pillars of Eternity
Pinball FX2
Pit People (previously called Game4)
Polychromatic
Prismatica
Raging Justice
Sea of Thieves
Shovel Knight
Siegecraft Commander
Super Dungeon Bros
SWORDY
The Long Dark
The Solus Project
This War of Mine
Wasteland 2
Whispering Willows

With that, there's still the fact that not every title will be cross buy, which is what I'm most wary of.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
When Sega will host its presentation?
Hoping for Shenmue Collection plus Yakuza games. I'm read to be disappointed also.
EDIT: Yesterday I wrote I was interested into Quantum Break. Not anymore. If remedy will ever release a PC port, of course I will buy it, but it seems kinda generic to me, it has not that Remedy sparkle.

No presentation that I know of.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I doubt it's going to be awesome since it has to be designed with controllers in mind. It might be good, but reaching awesomeness in the RTS genre requires a bit more.

I don't expect it to be the best RTS ever, I'm perfectly fine with it just being a fun one.

Jawmuncher

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Bye bye!
Currently spending most of my time with Bloodborne and loving it. And if I finish this before Dark Souls 3 comes out, I'll be there day one for Dark Souls 3 (and I haven't even seen any footage yet). :p

You know what kind of door hits people when they close it?

Well we do have at least 6 months or so until Dark Souls 3 releases.
I felt the burnout towards the end of getting the 100% in Dark Souls 2, but I know I will be back and ready for Dark Souls 3 release.

Yeah i'm hoping it's enough of a break. Playing DS and BB close to each other was not a good call.

madjoki

I'm so excited to get yet another store for my PC games library.
They'll have to release lots of games on Windows Store to get PC gamers' attention, right?

Pretty much. Or release games on steam too with xbox drm.

Otherwise it's for xbox+pc players due to crossbuy.

I have too big backlog to add yet another service (thought I do have games from Windows Store, so there's that).

Admodieus

Once they release the chatpad and wireless adapter, the XBox One controller is probably going to be my go-to controller for PC.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure there are plenty of folks aching for some more Souls games but for me this:-
2009 - Demon's Souls
2011 - Dark Souls
2014 - Dark Souls II
2015 - Bloodborne
2016 - Dark Souls III

is in danger of a teeny bit of over saturation. But hey just as long at the quality is there and the sales are good that's not a bad thing right? Then again I felt Dark Souls II took a step forwards, a step to the side and then a step back from its predecessors (that means I felt it did things better, the same and worse).

Pretty much. Or release games on steam too with xbox drm.

Otherwise it's for xbox+pc players due to crossbuy.

No.

If it's an exclusive people want to play, people will buy it, regardless of where it's sold. Look at the number of gamers who don't care that the $10 FC4 code is just for uPlay only or the people who are alright with a $20 Witcher 3 code on GOG.

I'm pretty adamant about not buying a game elsewhere if it's available on Steam, but I have no problems whatsoever going to whatever service I need to get an exclusive if I'm not limited by the hardware I own.

Case in point, I already own KI -- I bought it for XB1 when it was on sale last month for 50% off because I know I want to play the game and the only way I'm ever going to do that is by getting it through the Windows 10 store; it will never be on Steam, so I'm fine with this.

Gamers who want the remastered Gears of War Ultimate but don't want to drop $300 on a console and buy an XBL sub to play online? They'll buy it too (sign me up, I'm there when it's available). If the same stuff happens with other MS games like Quantum Break, Scalebound, etc., I'm fine with that too and I'm sure others will be as well.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks aching for some more Souls games but for me this:-

is in danger of a teeny bit of over saturation. But hey just as long at the quality is there and the sales are good that's not a bad thing right? Then again I felt Dark Souls II took a step forwards, a step to the side and then a step back from its predecessors (that means I felt it did things better, the same and worse).

Bloodborne definitely has roots in the Souls gameplay, but it's also very different in a lot of aspects and most of them are the really core aspects -- setting/presentation and combat design. I can see people making the comparison, but I think it's a very different game personally, with just enough souls influence to make it great, but different enough to make it memorable.

Haunted

As a huge fan of the series, I thought the same thing when they announced Dark Souls 3.

Kuroyume

Banned
Lifeless Planet has gotten an update:

The Premier Edition of the atmospheric sci-fi adventure Lifeless Planet is now available on PC and Mac. This remastered edition brings new content and improved graphics to the desktop versions of the game.

The Premier Edition (v 1.5) is a free update to existing owners of Lifeless Planet through Steam (Humble and other platforms coming ~24hrs). Simply update the game through the Steam Client to play the new version.

The Premier Edition includes new original music from acclaimed Lifeless Planet composer Rich Douglass. In addition, there's also a number of visual upgrades throughout, most notably the addition of normal-mapped terrains. The game also contains previously unreleased content in the form of new audio and text logs. The Premier Edition includes additional new Russian language voice acting, adding further richness to the already immersive experience.

Among other bug-fixes and updates, these Steam achievements have been modified to ensure requirements for earning them are more clear:

Survivalist
Survive the game without dying. ("On first playthrough" dropped)

Rock Hound
Collect 10 science samples.

Geologist
Collect 15 science samples.

Planetary Historian
Read 20 documents.

Rocketeer
Finish the game in under 4 hours. ("On first playthrough" dropped)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/261530/announcements/detail/43134017019782903

Uzzy

Looks fun to me. Can't wait to play it once it hits Steam (thanks again, Shadownet! :p)

That's cool. Genuinely hope you can enjoy it.

I'll be in a corner weeping at the continued desecration of a game series I once loved, as Lara builds a tomb out of skulls for it.

I don't have a ps4 so I'm fine with that schedule. I quite loved DS2 so I'm excited for the next one, though I know some people weren't huge fans of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom