• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are plenty of folks aching for some more Souls games but for me this:-

is in danger of a teeny bit of over saturation. But hey just as long at the quality is there and the sales are good that's not a bad thing right? Then again I felt Dark Souls II took a step forwards, a step to the side and then a step back from its predecessors (that means I felt it did things better, the same and worse).

I still haven't played Bloodborne but for me it was:

2010: Demon's Souls (Europe)
2011: Dark Souls
2012: Dark Souls Prepare to die edition
2014: Dark Souls 2
2015: Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin

So yeah, I feel DS3 could wait until 2017 or at least holiday 2016, but the awesome bosses in the trailer did raise my hype.

Parsnip

Souls talk always makes me want to go and clean up DkS2 and Super DkS2 achievements. I think I even have both of them installed.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
oGyidJE.jpg

Sheltered

hJwnoqH.jpg

Burstfire

That's some real cherry picking of Hitman Absolution to pick a QTE scene vs. actual regular gameplay, but I mean, the game is shit anyway from an actual stealth perspective, so I don't get why he didn't just do that.

I think that was before the uploader actually had the game to be honest. He was watching a stream of the game and it happened to be that part. Made a video about it.

I just laugh at the STEALTH part.

"man fuck warner and this batman debacle never preordering again!"

oh

What do you expect from steamGAF

I'm still on #Teamfuckpreorders

I loved Fury Road and Just Cause 2.

Still gonna wait for reviews and a cheaper price on Mad Max. Plus, it's a WB game, those prices are gonna drop super fast especially since it's launching on the same day as TPP

MUnited83

For you.
"man fuck warner and this batman debacle never preordering again!"

oh

I didnt preorder Batman so that doesn't apply to me. I was waiting always like a year to get that thing for 5$ with all dlc anyhow.
Mad Max though? That's day 1 material. And I believe Avalanche is doing the port themselves so there's really nothing to worry about.

My Quick Look on Unfinished - An Artist's Lament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJdWrsjUnQo

header.jpg

I beat this game in 30 minutes. It's very short, overbearing in its delivery, initially obtuse, but there are a few moments when this game shines. I am going to post a gif of my favorite moment in the game:

ot0R1js.gif

There is this moment and a few others where everything the game is trying to do succeeds. Other times, the purpose of explaining an Artist's anxieties can become overbearing. And I'm honestly not sure if I'm supposed to be critiquing that as a fault of the game or if that is the purpose of the game's design.

I like the game. I like that it was attempted. There are parts that were inspiring and there were parts that were annoying. The very beginning of the game is the definition of obtuse. Is it obtuse on purpose? Is that frustration I'm feeling *supposed* to happen?

If it was, well then job well done! If it wasn't, well then, that part could have been done better.

Still, I like short games and Unfinished, with all of it's faults, still left a positive impression on me.​

Thanks for the impressions. Everything about it sounds interesting, even the complaints. I'll definitely check it out at some point.

Sober

I didnt preorder Batman so that doesn't apply to me. I was waiting always like a year to get that thing for 5$ with all dlc anyhow.
Mad Max though? That's day 1 material. And I believe Avalanche is doing the port themselves so there's really nothing to worry about.
Well yes, Avalanche is doing the port but I think after the recent shit WB pulled I'll still wait.

Dr Dogg

Mad Max is just going to be 20+ hours of Pimping Your Ride for which you have to create enough Anarchy by destroying shit in the environment to unlock the next story mission of which there are only 3. Oh and the combat with be an Arkham derivative like all Arkham derivatives that cut out half the skills upgrades and gadgets and allow you to succeed by being mash heavy. Let's see how wrong I am come 1st December.

Salsa

lets pre-order from gmg even where we cant get a refund

I get your avalanche love Bernardo but seriously being so non chalant about it being the same publisher that has screwed us all consistently two times in a row and just give en more money..

but hey, risk it

nah man, I'd pass on that, last two ports from WB were garbage. also look at your pms

*checks playtime*
45.7 hours.

And other than the attempt at trying the piece meal install and some menu problems in the first week or so, nothing but smooth sailing.

So please tell us of your extensive experience with MKX and how it qualifies as a garbage port.

thats okay, it aint WB

but after skimping hard on the PC versions of both mortal kombat and arkham knight are you guys seriously gonna pre-order the pc version of the next game theyll publish?

lets pre-order from gmg even where we cant get a refund

I get your avalanche love Bernardo but seriously being so non chalant about it being the same publisher that has screwed us all consistently two times in a row and just give en more money..

but hey, risk it

GMG gives refunds for pre-orders until the key is delivered.
As for the bolded, go ahead, keep talking out of your ass about a game that you don't even own.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have the hardest erection possible for Mad Max and I still wouldn't slam it against GMG for 30 dollars.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm, you didn't have Season 2?
I caved and jumped on the complete pack for everything when it was 50% off during the XBL sale a few weeks back, so I'm totally ready to go. I really kind of hope they throw the classic games on Win10 too, since they were in that pack.

I really liked TR2013 -- It's the best Uncharted game I've ever played. :3
Sorry you don't like the new direction, but if we're friends on Steam and you're not too down over SFV, you can always beat my ass in that to make up for it. :p

Not a fan -- his cartoonish style looks really out of place to me.

Decapitaaaatttttionnnnnnnnnnnn!
That seems like an odd guess though, since Double Fine are the owners of Brutal Legend, right?

Father of the Souls series.

You speak of a possible truth, but even then... I'm not saturated yet. :3

Nope still haven't bought either season one or two. Want a discount but they never offer it for the vanilla bundles.

Salsa

geez corrosive sorry for bringin them small guys down, someome's gotta defend them I guess

ill keep "my ass" shut then, gg

nonono,

they did at least THREE 15 gig patches in a span of a couple of weeks and the game was still not up to par with the console versions. Balance updates, glitches, missing effects, etc.

I don't know how the game is now but had MKX come out after Steam Refunds went into effect we would probably only now be able to buy it again on PC.

Tizoc

Yeah I think i'll hold off on Mad Max til Winter Seal at least. GMG surely to have it for $20ish by then :p

nonono,

they did at least THREE 15 gig patches in a span of a couple of weeks and the game was still not up to par with the console versions. Balance updates, glitches, missing effects, etc.

I don't know how the game is now but had MKX come out after Steam Refunds went into effect we would probably only now be able to buy it again on PC.

Basically and even then a lot of people refunded MKX still.

Salsa

nonono,

also remember how the launch was pristine and it worked for everyone on day one

SHUT YOUR ASS!!

Arthea

HB or no HB?

let people do what they want, if they want to preorder let them, not like they are doing it from your pockets.

Humble Windows 10 Bundle. All games are only available through the Windows Store.

that's not funny... remember when we joked about uplay HB?

edited: I'll be damned! it's bamco bundle, nobody have seen that one coming

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal-kombat-x-pc-reinstall-glitch.52835/

Then there was the 15 Gig patch that killed peoples save data and progress.

Not to mention the online not mostly working day 1.

But yeah. It was a great port.

Really

Great.

PS4 had the same launch day issues, not sure about xb1 due to them trying to do the streaming install.

Again, in my experience with the game, it runs locked at 60fps, has a decent number of graphics options and yeah, the save killin bug was annoying, but I'd already forgotten about that.

The worst thing, out of any issues that I've seen in 46 hours, was the menus not refreshing during the first week or so when they were trying to patch some of the initial issues.

Ruruja

I don't know why but that Mad Max game is giving me 'it's gonna be proper shit' vibes, so I wouldn't pre-order it personally.

I think it'll bomb and be very cheap very quickly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's actually a pretty sweet Humble Bundle

$1
PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
Platformines
DeadCore

BTA
Ridge Racer™ Unbounded Bundle Complete
ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition

$10
Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition

Status