• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
For Maniac

Man, that shit... Hurts. Because it reminds me I don't have a Faceless Rex ;_;

I WANT IT SO MUCH.

I have a Dotaboner right about now.
_____
Is there any way to skip the silly "reservation"-period for W10? I gosh dang darn want it now and not in a day nor a week. Silly MS.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is there any way to skip the silly "reservation"-period for W10? I gosh dang darn want it now and not in a day nor a week. Silly MS.

Real talk. I busted out my old laptop and did the reserve thing on release day and got a download instantly. I reserved on my desktop as soon as it was possible and am still waiting to upgrade...

Man, that shit... Hurts. Because it reminds me I don't have a Faceless Rex ;_;

I WANT IT SO MUCH.

I have a Dotaboner right about now.
_____

There's that media tool thingie that some people used to upgrade. It's from Microsoft, gonna search for the link.

Here you go: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Parsnip

Dark Souls 3 looks great. I'm ready, can't wait.

Looks a little faster than previous Souls, but not much.
People always seem to forget how fast you can be in Souls if you spec in that direction.
Also, it's a trailer, so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions based on it.

Looking forward to tomorrow when we should be getting some more actual recorded gameplay from the Souls community from the thing they had at SF. Should be more informative.

Also fuck yes Halo Wars 2.

Buck ie Nathan Fillion is in 5 but I want the whole Firefly gang back. Actually I just want a Firefly game to be honest, I'd even take a Time Clicker.
After #GG, I can never look at Firefly gang the same again. Damn it Adam Baldwin.

p33d5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3a4stNaf4

You reminded me of this. Thank you LORD.

Real talk. I busted out my old laptop and did the reserve thing on release day and got a download instantly. I reserved on my desktop as soon as it was possible and am still waiting to upgrade...

Follow these steps:

1. Run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
2. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

If it doesn't start, then do this and then follow step 1 and 2:
Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.

The other method is the one on the site which involves the media tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Turfster

Daily Leviathan Warships 66% off
Midweek
  • Savage Lands 60% off
  • Reign of Kings 50% off

Download the media creation toolkit from microsoft's site.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The creature and boss design in DkS III looks way too good to feel any sense of fatigue. Compared to II, this is a huge step up. That trailer was awesome all the way. Bow down to Miyazaki, for he is your king

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Add me to the list

AeGqfJD.png

Got it for $30 by accepting a deal that looked shady as fuck from a dude on Reddit. I'll take it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm sure there are plenty of folks aching for some more Souls games but for me this:-

is in danger of a teeny bit of over saturation. But hey just as long at the quality is there and the sales are good that's not a bad thing right? Then again I felt Dark Souls II took a step forwards, a step to the side and then a step back from its predecessors (that means I felt it did things better, the same and worse).

well it's only saturation if u have a ps4 :p

Kiru

I upgraded on the 30th by restarting the faulty download and today I got an email from Microsoft that my upgrade will be available soon. lol.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks aching for some more Souls games but for me this:-

is in danger of a teeny bit of over saturation. But hey just as long at the quality is there and the sales are good that's not a bad thing right? Then again I felt Dark Souls II took a step forwards, a step to the side and then a step back from its predecessors (that means I felt it did things better, the same and worse).

I'm a PC gamer.

There is only this to me:

2011 - Dark Souls
2014 - Dark Souls II
2016 - Dark Souls III

No saturation at all.

Phawx

xposting from indie thread because they is StAme as well.

I did an LP on Absolute Drift, but I am so bad at the game there really is no reason for me to post it. It's more simulation heavy than I was expecting. The game is very well executed but damn is it Gran Turismo-level in it's drift-style :(

My Quick Look on Unfinished - An Artist's Lament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJdWrsjUnQo

header.jpg

I beat this game in 30 minutes. It's very short, overbearing in its delivery, initially obtuse, but there are a few moments when this game shines. I am going to post a gif of my favorite moment in the game:

ot0R1js.gif

There is this moment and a few others where everything the game is trying to do succeeds. Other times, the purpose of explaining an Artist's anxieties can become overbearing. And I'm honestly not sure if I'm supposed to be critiquing that as a fault of the game or if that is the purpose of the game's design.

I like the game. I like that it was attempted. There are parts that were inspiring and there were parts that were annoying. The very beginning of the game is the definition of obtuse. Is it obtuse on purpose? Is that frustration I'm feeling *supposed* to happen?

If it was, well then job well done! If it wasn't, well then, that part could have been done better.

Still, I like short games and Unfinished, with all of it's faults, still left a positive impression on me.​

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Or were introduced to it through Dark Souls PC.

I went

Dark Souls - 2012
Demon's Souls - 2013
Dark Souls II - 2014

But like, also, fuck it man. Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time. Demon's Souls was fantastic. I loved Dark Souls II. Keep it coming. Dark Souls III looks stellar, and like 10 seconds into the gameplay I just looked away because I didn't wanna see anymore. I'm all in.

Bought Riptor for Killer Instinct. Come PC time she'll be ready.

Hmmm, you didn't have Season 2?
I caved and jumped on the complete pack for everything when it was 50% off during the XBL sale a few weeks back, so I'm totally ready to go. I really kind of hope they throw the classic games on Win10 too, since they were in that pack.

That's cool. Genuinely hope you can enjoy it.

I'll be in a corner weeping at the continued desecration of a game series I once loved, as Lara builds a tomb out of skulls for it.

I really liked TR2013 -- It's the best Uncharted game I've ever played. :3
Sorry you don't like the new direction, but if we're friends on Steam and you're not too down over SFV, you can always beat my ass in that to make up for it. :p

Rash on KIller Instinct is pretty cool

Not a fan -- his cartoonish style looks really out of place to me.

Brutal Legend 2 perhaps?

Decapitaaaatttttionnnnnnnnnnnn!
That seems like an odd guess though, since Double Fine are the owners of Brutal Legend, right?

Don't even know who that is.

Father of the Souls series.

You speak of a possible truth, but even then... I'm not saturated yet. :3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm a PC gamer.

There is only this to me:

2011 - Dark Souls
2014 - Dark Souls II
2016 - Dark Souls III

No saturation at all.

Yeeep, I'm ready and raring to go with new souls game. Dark Souls 2 was still good despite its numerous flaws. A return to form with Miyazaki at the helm can only lead to amazing things.

Arthea

anything relevant to steam happened so far at all?

If you don't own all the gaming systems ever, how can you even call yourself a gamer.

word
that's why I am not calling myself a gamer

I actually do perceive myself a gamer, but nobody needs to know that

zkylon

zkylewd
Just watched the new GC Dark Souls III Trailer on GamerSyde.

While I think they should drop Dark and go a new way, I got legit excited. Looks really good.

can someone give me a summary? is it cg or gameplay?

Or were introduced to it through Dark Souls PC.

I went

Dark Souls - 2012
Demon's Souls - 2013
Dark Souls II - 2014

But like, also, fuck it man. Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time. Demon's Souls was fantastic. I loved Dark Souls II. Keep it coming. Dark Souls III looks stellar, and like 10 seconds into the gameplay I just looked away because I didn't wanna see anymore. I'm all in.
i mean, i do think at one point it's gonna be too much but we'll see when we get there. it's more to do with quality than repetition i feel, specially since so much about the souls series relies on game and level design, so as long as from doesn't run out of ideas we should be ok

it's not like ass creed or call of duty or whatever which were pretty shallow to begin with

You speak of a possible truth, but even then... I'm not saturated yet. :3

i want souls series to saturate all over me

Lomax

IIRC Tim Schaefer said they're working on something with Adult Swim or something along those lines.

This thread has made me realize that Metalocalypse Brutal Legend should be a thing, and now I'll be sad knowing it will probably never be a thing. Thanks.

Dark Souls trailer has convinced me to reinstall Dark Souls 2. 6 achievements short of 100%.

Unfortunately they're the 'collect all **' cheevos and I'm pretty sure DS 2 doesn't have cloud saves. Starting over!!

can someone give me a summary? is it cg or gameplay?

a bit of both i believe

Sober

Kill them, kill them all! Aka Tomb Raider Gamescom demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGvKB0WaPGA
I'm fine with this. At least it has a fair amount of systems in place for stealth vs the first game, the level design looks decent, you can throw distractables now (or you can turn them into IEDs on the spot). I've seen worse stealth games. It's no Dishonored/DXHR, but it's also probably a little more than serviceable than say an AssCreed game (barring Unity, which I haven't gotten around to).

One one hand it's hilarious that she just murders everyone now, but she probably can't afford to not kill people now anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3a4stNaf4

You reminded me of this. Thank you LORD.
That's some real cherry picking of Hitman Absolution to pick a QTE scene vs. actual regular gameplay, but I mean, the game is shit anyway from an actual stealth perspective, so I don't get why he didn't just do that.

Yeeep, I'm ready and raring to go with new souls game. Dark Souls 2 was still good despite its numerous flaws. A return to form with Miyazaki at the helm can only lead to amazing things.

I'm one of those weird fellows who enjoys Dark Souls 2.
In fact, just yesterday I played some co-op with a couple of friends.
A poor bastard invaded all our 3 games and got bodied on them all, somewhere in the world there was a poor guy really pissed off.

Salsa

oh dude what

I liked the look of the quantum break main character and he was random guy like max payne and alan wake but now I gotta pay as fucking Shawn Ashmore?

Anyone know why Call of Duty: World at War is the 23rd best selling game on Steam right now? I don't think there was a sale on it recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom