• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn, we might all have to shut our asses now. Namco bundle is actually pretty good.

PS4 had the same launch day issues, not sure about xb1 due to them trying to do the streaming install.

Again, in my experience with the game, it runs locked at 60fps, has a decent number of graphics options and yeah, the save killin bug was annoying, but I'd already forgotten about that.

The worst thing, out of any issues that I've seen in 46 hours, was the menus not refreshing during the first week or so when they were trying to patch some of the initial issues.
MKX was the first (and so far the only) game to try Steam's play-as-you-download option, so it didn't have a preload. Instead, once it reached a certain point you could play as a couple of characters while the rest of the game downloaded.

Of course this was broken on day one and parts of the download would either be corrupt, incomplete, or simply not download for the first 24-48 hours.

brah you had to be there

What's the cheapest Dark Souls has been on Steam?

$5

it's not a bad bundle but i'm going to hold off to see what the additions are.

Pacman is amazing but i already have that and nothing else interests me

if you dont have pacman then get the $1 bundle at least. It's fucking epic

Dr Dogg

The tollerances the majority of folks will use when discussing quality for various metric in games:

Garbage!!!

The GOAT!!!

Notice nothing inbetween. Sometimes a 'Meh' might sit about halfway but that's about your lot

chronomac

Pretty sure I've given it away before:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DeadCore -- MB-29244115414F40D9 - Taken by rainking187. 8 entrants total.

t1438712413z1.png

Humble Bandai Namco bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • PAC-MAN Championship DX+
  • Platforminers
  • Deadcore
TIER 2: BTA
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded
  • Enslaved
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon
TIER 3: 10$
  • Dark Souls

Humble Midweek Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Good bundle. Have Dark Souls already. Not sure about BTA tier tbh. It's all good stuff really but not sure if it's worth over 6 bucks for me.

DeadCore at one buck tier is pretty good though. Hm. Two weeks to think about. Or win it here, ha.

^^ Talk about coincidence, haha. Thanks chrono.

morningbus

Previously on Morningbus on Deadcore:

Yo, Deadcore guys.

Fuck this game.

I still don't absolutely hate it, but some of their choices are wrong.
The problem that I encountered most recently was literally because I was too good.

I took an alternate path at the beginning of Stage 5 that I wasn't apparently supposed to be able to reach but because I didn't have a power up that is given to you later in the level, I kept getting stuck at a timed part of the stage that I was nearly making.

Let me reiterate: I got stuck at the beginning of the level because I didn't have a power up given to you later in the same level. But there wasn't any kind of clue that I was doing it wrong.

It's a problem kind of inherent when their entire design philosophy is based around telling you to "get gud."

Still, some good puzzle platforming in there, though. Would definitely recommend in a bundle.

I've since completed it and I think I'd recommend it at the $1 tier of the current bundle.

nonono,

they did at least THREE 15 gig patches in a span of a couple of weeks and the game was still not up to par with the console versions. Balance updates, glitches, missing effects, etc.

I don't know how the game is now but had MKX come out after Steam Refunds went into effect we would probably only now be able to buy it again on PC.

They could've pulled the game just like Arkham Knight if they wanted to. But there was no reason to. The balance updates, glitches, missing effects are all possible, but I never hit any glitches/crashes in the however many hours I played before they were fixed. I'd be curious to see how many of the glitches that have been addressed were also issues that had to be addressed on consoles.

The DLC has come out on time with the console versions, launching the same week/day and while the store pages have been missing and stuff, the actual subs have been assigned and the content pushed out on time and working.

also remember how the launch was pristine and it worked for everyone on day one

SHUT YOUR ASS!!

I never said that, -- I said that the game was in no way the level of port you were making it out to be and that you shouldn't be trashing it the way you were when you have no idea how it actually runs or plays since you don't own it, but whatever.

MKX was the first (and so far the only) game to try Steam's play-as-you-download option, so it didn't have a preload. Instead, once it reached a certain point you could play as a couple of characters while the rest of the game downloaded.

Of course this was broken on day one and parts of the download would either be corrupt, incomplete, or simply not download for the first 24-48 hours.

brah you had to be there

I was there.

But when I saw people saying things didn't work for them because of the streaming download installation they tried, I made sure it was entirely downloaded before I attempted to play it.
I still can't believe the menu bug that was present, as I had to basically mash x to get into story mode and couldn't try online/training or whatever because the menus wouldn't refresh when you made a selection -- and yes, I was annoyed that they took so long to fix the problem -- but since I work in software development and test and have been a part of wild bug hunts that can prove more difficult than people would think, I try to remember that and have some patience. Am I irritated and angry? Sure. If I'd bought it on Steam and had the Steam refunds option? I'd probably have initiated one if the bugs were still present towards the end of my refund window; but I think within 2 weeks, the menu issues were fixed and the game ran smoothly for me; I powered through the story in relatively short fashion and then proceeded to do a standard arcade style tower with each fighter (all before the first DLC came out, I remember that), as well as tried some online and such.

When the save issue hit, I was a bit pissed, but it was easy to find another save that had Shinnok and the krypt content unlocked to replace it if I was so inclined to do so; thankfully we're on PC, so it's not as big of an issue in a fighting game as it would be on a console or in a game of another genre. In the end, I didn't go find one, but rather found a trainer that allowed me to get back to where I was relatively quickly and easily in terms of unlocked content.

Soulflarz

Banned
I would buy that but $10 for DS1 is way too steep seeing as I got DS1+DLC for like $3 2 years ago on 360 and it goes for $6.50 often

They could've pulled the game just like Arkham Knight if they wanted to. But there was no reason to. The balance updates, glitches, missing effects are all possible, but I never hit any glitches/crashes in the however many hours I played before they were fixed. I'd be curious to see how many of the glitches that have been addressed were also issues that had to be addressed on consoles.

The DLC has come out on time with the console versions, launching the same week/day and while the store pages have been missing and stuff, the actual subs have been assigned and the content pushed out on time and working.

my argument was that in the current climate, with people able to just hit the refund button and WB having to eat a bag of dicks for their poor effort, they would've likely pulled it. That it came out before refunds became a thing is the reason that they didn't pull it, not because they thought they had released a technically competent game and hoped people would understand.

morningbus

Let's start a campaign to get Bandai Namco to finally port over their Pippin games to the PC.

#PimpinPippinPCPortsmypenisis2cmlong

Pakkidis

Some extras for you. Good Luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-2F24E95917ED785C - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 44 entrants total.

t1438722912z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom