• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PacMan Championship Edition DX -- MB-7C84F9E864E36F66 - Taken by Teppic
Enslaved -- MB-301B8C06FB188ADD - Taken by yoshizzle

Extra video games

*checks playtime*
45.7 hours.

And other than the attempt at trying the piece meal install and some menu problems in the first week or so, nothing but smooth sailing.

So please tell us of your extensive experience with MKX and how it qualifies as a garbage port.

chillax frost, I'm going by what my rl friends who bought MKX told me, theres like 6 or 7 of them and they all told me that it was a bad port where you lost your saves and the net code was bad or some shit like that.

Lain

Inversion is a lock I'd say. Interesting premise but I've heard it's a bit janky but hey it fits right in with being Bundle Fodder pricing.

Inversion is a crash fest. It crashed for me so many times that I lost count of them all. Also the story was disappointing, so I hold a very negative opinion of the game overall despite some of the gameplay being alright.

Dr Dogg

Hmm, DA:I is 50% off on Origin.

Good purchase for $20?
The Digital Deluxe extras worth the extra $5?

Depends on how much you like fetch quests. It's alright and I got 50 hours out of it despite finding it a tad lackluster in its combat mechanics and party setup but certainly scratched the fantasy RPG itch. Though the DD extras are pretty shit unless you want the soundtrack as you can acquire better stuff in game and there's a crafting system which as per usual can break the game right open. Then again it's not really a hard game at all.

Arthea

someone explain to me the huge draw of Fairy Fencer. i would like to understand.

i WANT to understand. help me

Uematsu soundtrack is not enough for you?

please understand, it's fun

Beneath its generic and uninspired character designs there's good combat.
I guess.

Amano just choked, hopefully not to death

he didn't make characters, only concept art, but still

someone explain to me the huge draw of Fairy Fencer. i would like to understand.

animeeeeeee

also IFI RPGs are pretty fun tbh

tex_04.png

iosefe

Uematsu soundtrack is not enough for you?

please understand, it's fun

i'll do it for Uematsu at least

i've just never played an Idea Factory game. no idea what to expect. plus i still have other RPGs to work my way through like ToHeartsR

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Origin (yes the boogieman) and Humblebundle, EA need to pull their finger out and get the Origin Bundle 3 out as I really want to give BF Hardline a blast but not waste £30 for the privilege. Also stick TitanFall on there too so you gits in here might want to have a TitanFall Gamenight or something (not like PvZ Garden Warfare had you flocking to it when it was available on the cheap).

Knurek

you can get a better game on steam for less right now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/347830/

I will get your shitty animu Idea Fucktory game, no worries.

Depends on how much you like fetch quests. It's alright and I got 50 hours out of it despite finding it a tad lackluster in its combat mechanics and party setup but certainly scratched the fantasy RPG itch. Though the DD extras are pretty shit unless you want the soundtrack as you can acquire better stuff in game and there's a crafting system which as per usual can break the game right open. Then again it's not really a hard game at all.

Let's just say I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, enough to clear all sidequests in first two major areas and most of them in the latter two plus both major DLC xpacs.
DA:I is more of that, right?

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Speedrunners -- MB-937B873328866903 - Taken by gurm3n

derExperte

I know what they say, that there's a defense force for everything. Didn't think there's one for the MKX port though, legit shocked and bothered.

It's the new completely forgettable game that SteamGAF tries to hype for a week without anyone actually being able to articulate why and then unsurprisingly forgets. Just go with the flow.

There's a contest on the Steam forums where you can win 1 out of 20 copies of FFF and some merch

http://steamcommunity.com/app/347830/discussions/0/541907867763946762/

Entered for potential card profits.

cyba89

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PacMan Championship Edition -- MB-750DC86C018190A9 - Taken by salazar547. 10 entrants total.

t1438714212z1.png

spare

Dr Dogg

Let's just say I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, enough to clear all sidequests in first two major areas and most of them in the latter two plus both major DLC xpacs.
DA:I is more of that, right?

DA:I reminded me quite a lot of Amalur but had a somewhat coherent if not predictable story but as an action & party focused RPG rather than a solo action one.

Pretty much the same setup where you seek out sidequests in the area to level (and gain a resource that lets you unlock new areas and consequently story progression) as well as encampments, settlements and small towns with NPC's. Plus there's a fuckton of neon spell effects too that light up the screen like in Amalur.

So if you liked that you should get on just fine.

Hektor

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition Bundle -- MB-7FDCF33D5E12018B - Taken by Accoun. 4 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-B6EF66D3AAA4E070 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 22 entrants total.

t1438724114z1.png

WIP for 17, which is about 24.

Jeez, that is tempting...

Speaking of Origin (yes the boogieman) and Humblebundle, EA need to pull their finger out and get the Origin Bundle 3 out as I really want to give BF Hardline a blast but not waste £30 for the privilege. Also stick TitanFall on there too so you gits in here might want to have a TitanFall Gamenight or something (not like PvZ Garden Warfare had you flocking to it when it was available on the cheap).

Mass Effect 1 and 3 (with DLC), and DA:I in the next Origin HB.

Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom