• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
chillax frost, I'm going by what my rl friends who bought MKX told me, theres like 6 or 7 of them and they all told me that it was a bad port where you lost your saves and the net code was bad or some shit like that.

The netcode is terrible on every NetherRealm game, regardless of platform. MK9, Injustice, MKX all have terrible netcode that doesn't handle latency very well. It's not like it's PC only netcode that sucks and PS4/XB1 have lagless amazeballs online.

As for the save issue, it sucks, but it's something that's mostly easily recovered on PC, especially with a mainstream game like MKX.

Some impressions for that bundle game, Left in the Dark: No One on Board:

Let's start with the length this time: As I write this, I'm actually leaving the game on for the third card because I finished it in 2.5 hours. Maybe I got spoiled by other hidden object games, but now that feels too short. (The fact that I have to idle a game where I got every achievement in order to get the cards backs me up on that.)

Anyway, the story is you play "Madam Detective" - yup. That's your name. They even call you that in the newspapers. (I can see a Showtime series like that. Madam Detective: Detective by day, brothel owner by night. But wait a bit, this game took place during the night. Maybe she runs a brothel for DAYTIME hookers? How pedestrian!) You're called to investigate a ship that was found without its cargo or crew. (But naturally you'll find some crew.) Along the way you run into a girl's ghost who more or less tells you to solve HER murder. So off you go to another island, leaving the dead bodies of the crew you found where they are - because fuck them, right? It's not like you were paid to look into their dea...oh. Oh yeah you were. Oh well! - and you look for clues to this other murder.

The hidden object scenes - I'd call them too easy but for the fact some of them contain a bullshit item that either looks nothing like what it says, or could be anything (no way in hell is that a "pin!" And the "glass shard?" Don't even get me started.)

The puzzles were pretty easy. Don't expect to strain your brain too hard doing them.

The voice acting was worse than usual. I mean, Kristin Price seems to be the voice of all these nameless female detectives, so to some degree you can't even question her anymore, but even her voice direction was bad. At one point the floor gives way under you and you fall into a trap. She gives a scream that sounds more like she sat on a bench she didn't realize was wet. The antagonist's scream was laugh out loud hilarious as he accentuated the "g" in "Aaaarrrrrrr-Gh!" And even the sound QUALITY was off. (Once again, I'm not a sound expert or audiophile, so when I notice changes in the - whatever you call it, balance? equalization? just the general timbre or whatever - then you KNOW you done fucked up.

The verdict: Um...it's got cards? And I'm still waiting...honestly I'd actually give this one a pass if I were you.

Ruruja

An entire afternoon at blips and chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitz!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

War of the Human Tanks -- MB-7F33A474D7B04FD2 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

t1438718292z1.png

I just didn't get around to it (and only got it recently) but DISHONORED is great! It's has such a strong art style and is so mechanically polished, so far. I love being able to mount walls and tables with a button press and no fear of making a sound.

Grief.exe

Ashen cross post from an XBO thread.

OzsK5As.gif

I have done a couple interviews with the Ashen devs and a couple unofficial discussions and they do think they will be out in 2016. But man...what they have planned and haven't told anyone about yet. It seems REALLY short timing. Derek(the lead) is a one of a kind though, as are a good number of their team. I guess if anyone can press it out they can.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-2F24E95917ED785C - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 44 entrants total.

t1438722912z1.png

If Oceanhorn can come out and nothing happens to it then I don't see how this game would be affected at all. It isn't as if Nintendo invented the turn based strategy game.

MUnited83

For you.
my bet is itll drop near release and that price is placeholder for resellers

basically same thing that happened with MKX

I wouldn't bet on it at all. Because there's no reason to put a price that high in fear of resellers on the Steam page itself, and every single Brazilian buyer would refund his purchase before the release...

With MKX the Steam page price was alright, I believe.

Salsa

I wouldn't bet on it at all. Because there's no reason to put a price that high in fear of resellers on the Steam page itself, and every single Brazilian buyer would refund his purchase before the release...

what im refering to with MKX was on Steam as well

Fallout 4 is also 250 reais right now (ie 82 US dollars)

no game released like that. can't be right

or, it can, and then they suck, but it hasnt really happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom