• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It may take a while though. I'm literally swimming in requests right now ;_;

I sent you a PM yesterday as well about MGS V but it's all good, just take your time. I'm going to assume as soon as that news appeared yesterday about being released at the same time as the consoles, everyone started flooding you with requests lol.

Messiah

o6uE6x5.jpg
U4sIdiH.jpg

Superstar Dance Club

This game is actually really fun and the Soundtrack is really cool as well. It is one of these emulated PS one games which have been hitting Steam recently.

If you like rhythmgames I definitely recommend it.

Copons

Getting some life thanks to Skies of Arcadia Legends

Sega PC port when?

My favourite Sega game ever.
I'd day one triple dip it.

What better reason could they need to HD-remake it (halving the random encounter ratio if possible, k thx) and publish it on PC?

Khronico

Man... I really don't like how ridge racer unbounded plays. It's one of those racing games that's not fast and snappy enough to feel arcadey but also not accurate and grounded enough to feel realistic. It doesn't really have an identity of it's own and just feels blah. I guess the destruction stuff is OK but many other racing games do it far better (flatout, split/second, burnout series).

derExperte

Man... I really don't like how ridge racer unbounded plays. It's one of those racing games that's not fast and snappy enough to feel arcadey but also not accurate and grounded enough to feel realistic. It doesn't really have an identity of it's own and just feels blah. I guess the destruction stuff is OK but many other racing games do it far better (flatout, split/second, burnout series).

I'm a big fan of Unbounded, it takes a while to get used to everything though. For example how important drifting and boosting is, lots of depth to be found and it totally is its own, different thing. Also fast, really fast.

Parsnip

nonono,

they did at least THREE 15 gig patches in a span of a couple of weeks and the game was still not up to par with the console versions. Balance updates, glitches, missing effects, etc.

I don't know how the game is now but had MKX come out after Steam Refunds went into effect we would probably only now be able to buy it again on PC.

It's better now, QLOC was brought in and has been patching it a bunch since early July.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a big fan of Unbounded, it takes a while to get used to everything though. For example how important drifting and boosting is, lots of depth to be found and it totally is its own, different thing. Also fast, really fast.

Boosting especially being extremely important, those extra speed boosts are needed at every opportunity. Great game, think it's very underappreciated.

derExperte

Boosting especially being extremely important, those extra speed boosts are needed at every opportunity. Great game, think it's very underappreciated.

You mostly see players with either less than an hour played or relatively high play-times. If you get it, you get it but I guess the learning curve is too steep and the game looks too much like any other racer at first to motivate people to invest more time. Getting good at drifting really isn't trivial and knowing where the 'events'/shortcuts becomes essential quickly. Online was great too but that has been killed off.

Khronico

You mostly see players with either less than an hour played or relatively high play-times. If you get it, you get it but I guess the learning curve is too steep and the game looks too much like any other racer at first to motivate people to invest more time. Getting good at drifting really isn't trivial and knowing where the 'events'/shortcuts becomes essential quickly. Online was great too but that has been killed off.

Yeah I played maybe 20 mins of it and was immediately turned off by the game. MAYBE I'll come back to it but I doubt it.

Nzyme32

I know Create Assembly is developing it but this still probably means Halo Wars 2. was announced for both xbox one and windows 10 wasnt it

edit: oh right Bungie in 2015

whatever

maybe Destiny coming after all

I have no idea. Kind of hope it isn't Destiny, because it's a pretty crap game... unless they actually really change it up on the PC

Salsa

I have no idea. Kind of hope it isn't Destiny, because it's a pretty crap game... unless they actually really change it up on the PC

tbh it probably is Destiny

I mean they never ruled it out, kind of alluded to it near release, etc

wouldnt be surprised by an end of the year "game of the yearlol" edition on PC with all DLC

game's UI uses a fuckin cursor with the analog stick

only reason I have to doubt this is PC server support this late

Dr Dogg

Destiny 2.0 is almost assured to be on PC as is them dumping PS360 versions too. Whether Destiny's initial offering will come to PC is anyone's guess but looking at the content there I imagine Activision have plans to string that out until the full fat sequel is ready so a complete-ish collection maybe on the cards but I wouldn't be surprised if the first skipped PC all together.

derExperte

tbh it probably is Destiny

I mean they never ruled it out, kind of alluded to it near release, etc

wouldnt be surprised by an end of the year "game of the yearlol" edition on PC with all DLC

Ahahahahaha.
If they release it on PC they'll make damn sure to rip us off and ask for every last cent like they asked from console players. The publisher is Activision after all.

Salsa

I mean it's kinda cute considering reviews can only do so much

like who the hell would buy that even if the reviews were glowing

ss_8fab54a08a2858008c70be6ebff18ae82674af88.1920x1080.jpg

this is something used to promote the game

Ahahahahaha.
If they release it on PC they'll make damn sure to rip us off and ask for every last cent like they asked from console players.

idk, in one way imagine if they don't and they alienate their console playerbase even more

also I never mentioned price. better believe that shit would be $60 or upwards

Salsa

Nuclear Throne got some interesting updates if anyone wants to check back on that. Whole new start screen and other goodies

same with The Long Dark but I think that was covered earlier. You can now destroy furniture to gather crafting fodder. Changes the whole core of surviving

hi pilot im hungry

Phawx

Nuclear Throne got some interesting updates if anyone wants to check back on that. Whole new start screen and other goodies

same with The Long Dark but I think that was covered earlier. You can now destroy furniture to gather crafting fodder. Changes the whole core of surviving

hi pilot im hungry

Damn, that's huge!

I'm gonna bet on it being Destiny but only because I genuinely believe Destiny will be the only franchise they work on for this entire gen.

Salsa

Damn, that's huge!

yeah they counter balanced it with some other stuff supposedly as to not make the game too easy but tbh it does feel a bit easier now

they said as much tho, even clarified in the trailer that they're gonna be lookin extra hard for feedback to better work this system in the game

thing is it does kinda make sense. if you're going for a real surviving game and you die from lack of wood to make a fire while standing next to a chair then that's a fucking problem

Uzzy

Destiny
companion app
incoming.

Well Destiny did win the Game of the Year gong at the BAFTA's this year which usually has more credence than any shitty tinpot games media GOTY award. Not that most of the thread here agreed mind.

I remember that. It came out of nowhere, and seemed to really go against the rest of the awards, with prizes going to the smaller scale, indie stuff. Then the biggest AAA game with the biggest budget around wins game of the year. So bizarre.

If you want the Destiny experience on PC, couldn't you just play Warframe and paypal me $80?

Only if you Skype me to replace Dinklebot.

Kagemusha

Some of these may have been used.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Time Ramesside (A New Reckoning) -- MB-7A7F8BDA1AF93B31 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
? CreaVures -- MB-2454DDDB2F317236 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Red Goblin: Cursed Forest -- MB-A12D1775A2E5A390 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
? Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land -- MB-D9223B5FD08BC01A - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Air Guardians -- MB-AE202F9A25C85FF0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Bard to the Future -- MB-A8593B880C80637F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-56B38DAB71F551FA - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Bliss -- MB-CC7EAF5E3DB670A0 - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.
Incognito -- MB-831AB30A8E055470 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1438726152z1.png

Hinomura

Hello!

Had troubles trying to checkout a couple of games (Savage Lands and Fairy Fencer F) and had to use a new payment method because PayPal was not working (and even with the new payment method, the first two times it was not working either).

Anyway, maybe I'm getting old and I'm remembering wrong, but the last time I changed the payment method, I think Steam forbade me to sell anything on the market, but this time I managed to put a card on sale (and sold it).

Is this something new? Or something strange happened?

- and, finally, I managed to work 4/5 hours for about 21 days at my shmup, but I've just put asteroids here and there in the space level and designed/drawn only a third of the Mars level background (about one hundred 32x32 tiles yeuck) :( I'm sorry for the ppl looking forward to play it but it will take a lot of time with my snail speed :/

Dr Dogg

I remember that. It came out of nowhere, and seemed to really go against the rest of the awards, with prizes going to the smaller scale, indie stuff. Then the biggest AAA game with the biggest budget around wins game of the year. So bizarre.

OlliOlli the slayer of such titans like FIFA, Madden and Footy Manager was a great moment but just when we all though Alien Isolation would have its chance to shine a space opera of a different kind was called up to the stage :/

Marow

Anyone here bought Fairy Fencer F? If so, how is it?

I've played the first Agarest and thought it was awful, however FFF seems to be more in the vein of Neptunia. I've yet to play Neptunia, though, so I can't give my opinion on it.

Ozium

hi pilot im hungry

Damn, that's huge!

yeah they counter balanced it with some other stuff supposedly as to not make the game too easy but tbh it does feel a bit easier now

they said as much tho, even clarified in the trailer that they're gonna be lookin extra hard for feedback to better work this system in the game

thing is it does kinda make sense. if you're going for a real surviving game and you die from lack of wood to make a fire while standing next to a chair then that's a fucking problem

but.. you could always forage wood in a house and get reclaimed wood.. do you have to now physically break the furniture to get wood? Do you have to physically chop trees? If so fuck that, wish I could get a refund... shameful devs. I liked it how I didn't have to go around chopping trees I could just click a button to get wood like those Sakura games Chariot likes,.

Salsa

but.. you could always forage wood in a house and get reclaimed wood.. do you have to now physically break the furniture to get wood? Do you have to physically chop trees? If so fuck that, wish I could get a refund... shameful devs. I liked it how I didn't have to go around chopping trees I could just click a button to get wood like those Sakura games Chariot likes,.

nah

https://youtu.be/bF8tGVR3RWA?t=3m1s

no worries. long dark continues to be the king of survival games

FloatOn

Oh hey I just remembered I tried lords of shadow 2 and the max res is 720p is this true?

I'm not a resolution snob but it would be nice to have a higher resolution for screenshotting purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom