• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to get a refund from Origin? I just got BF4 premium from the russian store and its language locked even tho the site said it had full set of languages.

Trying to refund it and get the mexican one for 17bux instead. If they approve the refund before the sale ends, that is.

when I had to do a refund they got back in touch with me a day or 2 later then the refund showed up on my card about 2 or 3 days after that...so not too long (no idea if that hurts your chances on a sale though)

thats okay, it aint WB

but after skimping hard on the PC versions of both mortal kombat and arkham knight are you guys seriously gonna pre-order the pc version of the next game theyll publish?
No. On the other hand, BernardoOne where's the MGSVs?
Super-late answer, but karma's kinda broken in New Vegas. Stealing is like -1 karma, killing a fiend is like +100 karma, so even if you steal everything that isn't nailed down (and bring a crowbar for everything that is), you'll probably still have positive karma.

Not that it matters outside of which level 50 perks are available and that one companion might leave you if your karma gets and stays super low (but she warns you ahead of time anyway). Reputation is the one to worry about.
I see, as long as I stay liked by townsfolks, I can continue to be "renegade" right?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-7B48CC1BB09DA172 - Taken by Spirited. 10 entrants total.

t1438739593z1.png

Locust

when I had to do a refund they got back in touch with me a day or 2 later then the refund showed up on my card about 2 or 3 days after that...so not too long (no idea if that hurts your chances on a sale though)
Only took 12 mins now, it was prob approved before I even posted. :p

Instantly refunded to paypal too.

Momentary

Banned
I find it funny that Steam reviews mainly only focus on whether or not some games are good ports. It doesn't matter if it sucks or not.

Anyway. Fairy Fencer F is working horribly with an XBox One controller on Windows 10.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ugh... Good to know I guess. I will consult a wiki before purchase.

You really don't need to play MGSV right at release, and the whole series is worth playing. About 2 years ago I decided to check out the series and it holds up incredibly well.

1 has a great story with some frustrating controls, but everything else plays well. The games aren't all that long if you try and B-line through them and you've got the time for it. You probably won't finish them all in time for MGSV but might be worth trying your best if you can.

I wouldn't recommend it because I do think it will dilute your enjoyment, but the ones most important to MGSV will probably be MGS3, and maybe reading a Wiki on Peace Walker.

Salsa

everyone needs to stop fooling themselves thinking MGSV will make any lick of more sense by playing the previous games

it's gonna be a nonsensical crazy fun trainwreck regardless

jediyoshi

My fear is M$ will try to push xboxlive app into PC Developers. I hope PC Devs don't make the same mistake again...

Why would that matter? If the application incorporates it, then it's already a win10 app, the extra permissions to hook into xbox live at that point it's asking for are irrelevant. You're crucially missing the crux of what was wrong with GFWL if the sign in itself was the issue.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
everyone needs to stop fooling themselves thinking MGSV will make any lick of more sense by playing the previous games

it's gonna be a nonsensical crazy fun trainwreck regardless

But you might have a fighting chance of understanding basic things in an already confusing story by playing the earlier games, both for story and learning how Kojima builds his story and how to make sense of it.

I promise
almost.

Khronico

Man Ace Combat Assault Horizon would be so much better if they toned down the importance of the dogfight mechanic. I mean, it's not a horrible mechanic, but it is incredibly repetitive and is REQUIRED to kill certain planes.

Karak

I find it funny that Steam reviews mainly only focus on whether or not some games are good ports. It doesn't matter if it sucks or not.

Anyway. Fairy Fencer F is working horribly with an XBox One controller on Windows 10.

That is if the person reviews the game. Its one of the most useless features on Steam now due to how its handled. Everyone's just trying to make the most obtuse review possible half the time.

Caerith

But you might have a fighting chance of understanding basic things in an already confusing story by playing the earlier games, both for story and learning how Kojima builds his story and how to make sense of it.

I promise
almost.

Doesn't MGSV pretty much encapsule all the other games anyway? I mean, all the same characters are back-- you've got Snake, Ocelot, Otakon, Sniper Lady, etc.

I think the game places graves of people who played the game.
And I found Shadownet's grave on my game last night. I found other graves of my steam friends who own the game as well previously. Perhaps the graves are showing that those players died once on those particular spots?

I think the game places graves of people who played the game.
And I found Shadownet's grave on my game last night. I found other graves of my steam friends who own the game as well previously. Perhaps the graves are showing that those players died once on those particular spots?

That's what I just said, no? :p

If you had Ningen or me on your list, there would be a bunch of graves for us. :D

Salsa

in higschool we used to get drunk and go jump-scare chicks at this cementery

I dropped out of highschool on the last year like a dumbass and went to film school instead

coincidence?

#steamthoughts

Dsyndrome

fucking shawn ashmore

I kinda dig this tho

still need to pick an xbone controller

I just want a wireless one
He became stone cold at the end of The Following though, better than the whiney bitch he was in Smallville.

And that couldn't have been more generic of a cover.

MUnited83

For you.
Just watched the Scalebound footage.

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

If this doesn't get a PC port down the line this might very be well the one thing that sells me on a Xbone.

I have my doubts but I'll keep my eye out for it.

In my opinion Death To Spies 2 was great. I trust that they will do a good job again with this one.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Platformines -- MB-C6A3510E2D2725B0 - Taken by derExperte. 3 entrants total.

t1438746013z1.png

yuraya

I keep seeing The Phantom Pain in my library. Hovering over it thinking maybe by some chance I can preload it or play it early. Why do these companies like to torture gamers with preorders. Fucking Konami.

The month wait for it is going to be so painful :(

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

If this doesn't get a PC port down the line this might very be well the one thing that sells me on a Xbone.

It looked amazing.

FewColdAquaticleech.gif

Anyone know if Steam is down in the UK?

edit: working on laptop. Hmm.

edit2: restarted PC, now Dota works, but Steam won't load anything network related except for the Friend list in the corner

Salsa

Creative Assembly console team working solely on Halo Wars 2

ie Alien Isolation 2 am cry

RIP before you were born

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

Ok, how did I missed this one? Looks great so far.
They'll need to show me another RPG or two to sold me on XB1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom