• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLynx

I'm not a winnder. Again with this shit, why IG doesn't do normal giveaways, first come, first served? Because clicks, of course.

they did one a week or two ago tbh,
i guess they're just getting rid of their leftovers
but yeah, it's really crappy, if it's any consolation, game doesn't have cards so no loss really

People need to argue about everything. You can't expect another six or ten minutes trailer, honestly. We got all good trailers (Red Band, Nuclear, Reveal, E3 2015), but I think doing those require time and money (you need to license the song used too, and that costs a lot), Gamescom is a "minor" event and the game will be released in 25 days. so this trailer is great as it is, I didn't even expect another trailer, just gameplay sections to show some features.

I see.
Tbh I even think it's quite a long trailer. Hollywood style.

Just realized that Snake wasn't trolling and just linked the wrong trailer. MGS V trailer is solid.

Didn't know there was a MGSV trailer too :eek:

Thanks.

Lol I watched the trailer from the other thread and didn't click his link here.

Morning gaffers

Free Hyper Hyper Fighters - http://woobox.com/ys2gze

I got my key, thanks!

Deitus

SE needs to find new names for charaters :l
All looks the same, expecially because those are italian names, plus latin names like Ignus etc, remembering who is who is difficult.

Well in the case of those two, remembering who is who doesn't much matter. Luna was added when they removed Stella from the story. She even has the same middle and last name as Stella did. They were never intended to exist alongside each other.

If it helps avoid the confusion of having a normal Italian name though, her real name is Lunafreya, Luna is just the shortened form.

That FFXV trailer was horrible. No context, hilariously-bad broken English and a shot that goes on for way, way too long.

I now finally understand what it means to be an FF fan these days.

Sajjaja

That FFXV trailer was horrible. No context, hilariously-bad broken English and a shot that goes on for way, way too long.

I enjoyed it. Not everything has to be flashy or action packed. It's setting a tone.

Caerith

I'm excited for FFXV, because it finally means people will stop hating FFXIII, like they stopped hating FFXII when FFXIII came out.

Tizoc

yeah those Iron Galaxy guys sure know how to make a PC port

Come on Salsa, we've been through this already, IG simply wasn't given enough time to work on the Batman AA PC port.
IG made the KI game so they'll make a good port of it on PC.

Chariot

I enjoyed this quiet simple momeny of emotion. Without needless explanation, the facial expressions and whay he did was enough to tell a story on it's own.

I enjoyed this quiet simple momeny of emotion. Without needless explanation, the facial expressions and whay he did was enough to tell a story on it's own.

Trying to be emotional doesn't make something good. I get what they were going for, but there's no context to anything, and the whole setup goes on for too long without any understanding or payoff. I don't care that some guy's hugging his kid for 45 seconds. Had there been some context or backstory related in this trailer (and not a couple lines in broken English), I probably would have been able to sympathize more with their plight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Come on Salsa, we've been through this already, IG simply wasn't given enough time to work on the Batman [AK] PC port.
That's false. Whoever started saying that didn't realise they were looking at the time the sub was last modified. It was created last May and has had Arkham Knight in it from the off, with the game's secondary data depots (additional languages) being added about five months ago. IG had plenty of time.

Chariot

Trying to be emotional doesn't make something good. I get what they were going for, but there's no context to anything, and the whole setup goes on for too long without any understanding or payoff. I don't care that some guy's hugging his kid for 45 seconds. Had there been some context or backstory related in this trailer (and not a couple lines in broken English), I probably would have been able to sympathize more with their plight.
I think we just have different taste. I enjoyed it very much even. Does you need to know more than that there is a father hugging his son in the face of a literal giant danger he is looking at to feel something? The Chariot does not.

Sajjaja

Well the kid looks like the main guy from the demo so it might be that he is a prince and his father, a king?, is worried about his future or his son's future. As the camera panned out it looked like three separate figures in the sky line, like actual entities. Not a lot of detail but enough for me to enjoy.

Do you need to know more than that there is a father hugging his son in the face of a literal giant danger he is looking at to feel something?

Yeah, I do. For all I know, the guy's giving his son a hug because he slipped and skinned his knee on the ground. Especially for a heavy plot-driven game, these kinds of things are important.

It's one of the laziest trailers I've seen in quite some time. Like I said, I can sympathize with the massive number of people over on Gaming-side who are disappointed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spirit Run: Fire vs. Ice -- MB-AABD7664799D43BC - Taken by redlacs
Pulut Adventure -- MB-7F73F13809A4ADD5 - Taken by MaxiLive
Starwalker -- MB-25E60F47995D21F3 - Taken by fuzzy123
Pilot Crusader -- MB-574E828F5C4FD63A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
After the End: The Harvest -- MB-D64AE63639421E13 - Taken by Vuze

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Guys, Guys!

edh-product-logo.jpg

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4sAe16UTDg

Planetary landings and exploring in Elite Dangerous! Coming this year!

:D

https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/horizons/elite-dangerous-horizons-pre-order.html

Gimme!

ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS - A NEW SEASON OF EXPANSIONS FOR ELITE DANGEROUS, STARTING HOLIDAY 2015 ON PC
PLANETARY LANDINGS

Elite Dangerous: Horizons launches with the first major gameplay expansion this holiday: eagerly-awaited planetary landings on countless 1:1 scale worlds simulated with the same commitment to realism as our galaxy.
AN ONGOING COMMITMENT TO GAMEPLAY
Elite Dangerous: Horizons introduces major content along with new features in every update, continuing to enrich the Elite Dangerous experience with new ‘open world’ activities on the surfaces of airless worlds and across the galaxy.

INTRODUCING ALL-NEW PLANETARY LANDINGS GAMEPLAY

PLANETARY LANDINGS
Elite Dangerous: Horizons launches with the eagerly-awaited planetary landings on countless 1:1 scale worlds.

GAME-CHANGING CONTENT
Map uncharted worlds, dogfight in canyons, discover items and events you’ll only find on world surfaces.

DRIVING ON PLANETS
Embark on surface expeditions in all-terrain Surface Roving Vehicles (SRVs).

LOW LEVEL FLIGHT
Feel the subtle changes to the flight model when affected by gravity.

FORTIFIED SETTLEMENTS
Attack and defend bases from ground or above.

PLAY WITH FRIENDS
Both above and on the ground in Wings, and participate in Powerplay and story events in unique ways. All expanding the depth of the galaxy.

A WHOLE SEASON OF EXPANSIONS, WITH REGULAR MAJOR UPDATES INCLUDED IN THE SINGLE PURCHASE
A SEASON OF CONTENT
The second major update for Elite Dangerous: Horizons will release in Q1 2016 with more expansions to follow.
This second major update will include additional gameplay-focused content including an all-new game-changing loot and crafting system.

ONE ELITE: DANGEROUS COMMUNITY
All Elite Dangerous players will continue to benefit from ongoing bug fixes, optimizations and tweaks, and of course participating in our ever evolving, player-led galaxy.

more info

https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/247

Chariot

Yeah, I do. For all I know, the guy's giving his son a hug because he slipped and skinned his knee on the ground. Especially for a heavy plot-driven game, these kinds of things are important.

It's one of the laziest trailers I've seen in quite some time. Like I said, I can sympathize with the massive number of people over on Gaming-side who are disappointed.
The sleepy son obviously has no idea of the burse the father carries. Look how he is rather annoyed in childiah innocence than worried. The father looka up in the sky, both because there are actual giany things to look at and because he is looking far ahead, in the future. His face and how much he keeps his son to him shows that it looks grim. Defnitly not a knee accident.

Momentary

Banned
That Final Fantasy XV trailer was horribly done. I'm sorry. I like emotional scenes and don't need any action, but the only thing I felt with that overly long scene was uncomfortable and awkward. Plus the broken English didn't help either.

The sleepy son obviously has no idea of the burse the father carries. Look how he is rather annoyed in childiah innocence than worried. The father looka up in the sky, both because there are actual giany things to look at and because he is looking far ahead, in the future. His face and how much he keeps his son to him shows that it looks grim. Defnitly not a knee accident.

Again, that's just inference from a handful of shots. It means nothing to me because I have no understanding of the plight of these characters or their world.

I'll say the same thing someone else mentioned on the topic. It's hard to relate to situations which we know nothing about it, just based on basic suggestions and some sappy music alone. The more made-up the situation is, the less easy it is to relate to without additional information. It's especially hard to care about characters you aren't really introduced to. It's basic storytelling 101.

The difference between XV and a trailer like this is that that the latter gives us a situation we have context for and can sympathize with. The daughter is being attacked by forces outside of her father's control, it's a desperate struggle to get back to him, they're "everyman" characters and it plays on base parental emotions.

Even if I was a hardcore fan and invested in this 110%, this was a poor trailer. The time for teasers is over. It's been two years of this, and we're still getting vague teases. The KH3 trailer was better than this (showing off attacks and gameplay), and that was with S-E in full-on troll mode. Star Ocean 5's trailer was better than this, and that was about as basic as it gets (3 friends go on a journey, and you can jump seamlessly into combat).

Chariot

Look, I am not a fanboy, I own three mainline Final Fantasys and didn't play any of it, I am not excited for FFXV or any other FF game. All I am saying is that we have different tastes and that I enjoyed it because it touched me. Plus, when it comea to trailers I actual like not having too much context. I hate american style trailers that just spurgle everything on the watcher. Let me the story truly unfold in the game.

Arthea

Look, I am not a fanboy, I own three mainline Final Fantasys and didn't play any of it, I am not excited for FFXV or any other FF game. All I am saying is that we have different tastes and that I enjoyed it because it touched me. Plus, when it comea to trailers I actual like not having too much context. I hate american style trailers that just spurgle everything on the watcher. Let me the story truly unfold in the game.

I agree with you here, I especially hate movie trailers that have all cool scenes of the movie in them, also spoilery trailers of games, like you know, showing all cool ingame locations, all characters and such.
Then again, I'm not entirely sure a trailer is good thing anyhow, I try to stay away from them if it's a game I'm sure I'll play.

No one is over reacting. Saying a trailer sucked is not overreacting.

it is, because you know, opinions, tastes and all that stuff, it's Ok to say you don't like a trailer and why, it's not OK to insist it sucks when Chariot doesn't agree with it obviously.
Ya, opinions and how do they work.

Momentary

Banned
it is, because you know, opinions, tastes and all that stuff, it's Ok to say you don't like a trailer and why, it's not OK to insist it sucks when Chariot doesn't agree with it obviously.
Ya, opinions and how do they work.

Just stop right there homey. I didn't even quote the guy. I saw a convo about the trailer and I threw in my two cents on how I felt about it. "Opinions. How do they work?"

Oh and stop overreacting.

I was disappointed by the lack of gameplay but as someone who finds FFXV's cast very off-putting it at least managed to make me care for Noctis a bit more.

Momentary

Banned
I was disappointed by the lack of gameplay but as someone who finds FFXV's cast very off-putting it at least managed to make me care for Noctis a bit more.

The trailer did make me care about that dog and whether or not we will see him again. I thought the animation for him was excellent.

Sarcasm

What exactly is wrong with this?
That this was coming was known before the game left the beta...

Don't mind expansions or seasons (which I guess is many mini expansions) but what is listed should be the base game.

Also why this crap when the core game itself needs a ton of work on it. Why they working on expansions they should be working on the core game play.

Also new players get the season plus base game for forty. Lol.

The trailer did make me care about that dog and whether or not we will see him again. I thought the animation for him was excellent.

Well, that's something at least.
Please look forward to it :)

I have a kid about that age so these kind of scenes always get to me. I thought it was nice and it's a shame it's getting torn apart because people were (rightfully) expecting new gameplay.

Arthea

this

This was such a good trailer. It hit me right in the feels. Especially when they showed the family happy at the end. Damn man.

nah, there are much better trailers, like this for example

Just stop right there homey. I didn't even quote the guy. I saw a convo about the trailer and I threw in my two cents on how I felt about it. "Opinions. How do they work?"

Oh and stop overreacting.

I was just pointing out that your or crazyrabbits' opinion, is just an opinion, same as Chariot's.

I will overreact as much as I want! bite me!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Don't mind expansions or seasons (which I guess is many mini expansions) but what is listed should be the base game.

Also why this crap when the core game itself needs a ton of work on it. Why they working on expansions they should be working on the core game play.

Also new players get the season plus base game for forty. Lol.

I agree that the pricing is bullshit, but that planetary landings and so on would be paid content was known since the kickstarter campaign. I know it's not really an excuse but everybody knew it won't be free...

And this stuff was probably worked on from the beginning to be later integrated into the game, I don't think they stopped working on the main game to develop this

The game shows you where people on your friends list who have played the game have died in the past.

In this case, he's seeing a spot where Shadownet died while playing.
Wow that is a pretty neat feature.
Has MS said anything about Quantum Break coming to PC?

I'm shocked, but Scalebound might be the first Platinum game in a long time that doesn't do anything for me. Even Transformers looked decent to me and I'm not a fan of that franchise... how strange.
Its Remedy, it will be on pc.
Dude. Dude. That would be pretty awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom