• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
sure hope so

not gonna buy like a super mega videocard or anything, but i hope i can run it on medium or whatever

probably not, got a shit ton of games to play and most of them are long af (wasteland 2, eternity, witcha)

Play? We don't play games here.

(I'm at the last few hours of Witcher but New Vegas got me hooked bad.)

Uzzy

That Eitr date is so specific that it makes me think the year is off. If it were really September 1st 2016 they probably wouldn't even have a Steam page or just have a year listed.

Or there's been a mistake somewhere. I check Eitr's twitter, tumblr and facebook pages and there's no mention of the release date. Nothing on Devolver Digital's twitter either.

Corpekata

Banned
Or there's been a mistake somewhere. I check Eitr's twitter, tumblr and facebook pages and there's no mention of the release date. Nothing on Devolver Digital's twitter either.

Yeah, probably just meant to be 2016, but Devolver have been showing it off a lot lately so being 14 months out seems unlikely

Asgaro

iccccccecream14pdh.gif

C1qJdQZ.jpg

It should fit.

very happy to announce i officially have a job and have collected my first pay so will actually get around buying that damn card in this week or two

woooooooooo

(also im thinking of maybe getting a 960 that comes with mgs5 so i can gift that to my brother)

Congrats!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ZmIwdAl.png

Time to clean up all the cards again, last time was before summer sale.

If I do get enough money in steam I'll do some chenanigans refund of FF type-0 use that money for mad max from gmg and pay for FF with the rest of my game budget.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Time to clean up all the cards again, last time was before summer sale.

Shouldn't take too long there! With the latest update that should save you about 78 hours vs doing it the old way. :)

Finally got around to buying Final Fantasy Type-0, I've heard a lot of good things as well as a lot of bad things(apparently the dub isn't that great?) It'll be interesting to see how it is, I've only just recently gotten into the Final Fantasy series as well(Beat FF7 for the first time last year)

Just finished Episde 1 of Walking Dead. It feels a lot on-rails but the characters and setting are to my liking, so it's fine by me.
There were some hard choices to be made already but man, time is clicking so fast in those situations I barely can think.
The trailer for the next episode at the end though. What a spoiler-fest. Wish it didn't play.

Caerith

Just finished Episde 1 of Walking Dead. It feels a lot on-rails but the characters and setting are to my liking, so it's fine by me.
There were some hard choices to be made already but man, time is clicking so fast in those situations I barely can think.
The trailer for the next episode at the end though. What a spoiler-fest. Wish it didn't play.

It's been a long time since I played, but what did they spoil or rather what do you think they spoiled?

FloatOn

Figured I'd ask here: how fucked am I if the only metal gear game I played is mgs1 (and a little bit of rising) if I want to play mgs5?

Will ground zeroes prepare me enough?

Figured I'd ask here: how fucked am I if the only metal gear game I played is mgs1 (and a little bit of rising) if I want to play mgs5?

Not even remotely. You will have a very base level of what's going on and nothing else. This game is basically closing off the loop of a franchise.

Bare minimum you need knowledge of 3 and then Peacewalker.

It's been a long time since I played, but what did they spoil or rather what do you think they spoiled?
I saw that we are going to fortify the motel, bandits, running out of food, needing to go away, being on a farm, a guy getting an arrow to his back.
Dunno. Episode 1 was about an hour long and what I saw in that trailer could very well be most of the stuff in Episode 2. Totally gonna exit the game when I finish future episodes.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Not even close, you should play (or watch a playthrough) of at least 3 and peace walker.

That is like the bare minimum.

It won't really prepare you at all, you'd need to at least play MGS3 and Peace Walker to get an understanding of what is going on and why you're doing it.

Caerith

I saw that we are going to fortify the motel, bandits, running out of food, needing to go away, being on a farm, a guy getting an arrow to his back.
Dunno. Episode 1 was about an hour long and what I saw in that trailer could very well be most of the stuff in Episode 2. Totally gonna exit the game when I finish future episodes.

Ah, okay. I think the later episodes are two or more hours long, and the stuff you described is pretty early and barely scratches the surface.

Caerith

Ugh... Good to know I guess. I will consult a wiki before purchase.

The Metal Gear series is really convoluted, and if you're trying to make sense of the whole series then you'd probably need to play all the games, consult a wiki, and drop some acid, but I think most of them stand well enough on their own that you'll be okay with just this one. Chronologically, I think it's 3 -> 5 -> (non-Solid) NES games -> 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> Rising, so all you need to know is that stuff happened in 3 and what happens in 5 lays the foundation for what happens decades later in the other games.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The Metal Gear series is really convoluted, and if you're trying to make sense of the whole series then you'd probably need to play all the games, consult a wiki, and drop some acid, but I think most of them stand well enough on their own that you'll be okay with just this one. Chronologically, I think it's 3 -> 5 -> (non-Solid) NES games -> 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> Rising, so all you need to know is that stuff happened in 3 and what happens in 5 lays the foundation for what happens decades later in the other games.

You forgot about peace walker, the story might not have been great but it's integral to the plot in 5.

Locust

How long does it take to get a refund from Origin? I just got BF4 premium from the russian store and its language locked even tho the site said it had full set of languages.

Trying to refund it and get the mexican one for 17bux instead. If they approve the refund before the sale ends, that is.

e: 12 minutes. Good show

Ideally, to get the most out of 5, you would play 3, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes. But honestly just play Ground Zeroes and look up some story bits or watch a play through of 3 and Peace Walker if you can't find a way to play those before hand.

An app that lets me chat with people on XBox Live sounds like a modern necronomicon.

I would just use it for friends, about 75% of my friends list is stuck on 360 still and the rest play Halo or COD on XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom