• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marow

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Marow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BIT.TRIP BEAT -- MB-6AD43286C86CBB2D - Taken by Vlad. 4 entrants total.
Bit.Trip.Runner 2 Plus OST -- MB-B34A3DD18C64FEB2 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 1 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-E75680CDDB19A3A8 - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.

t1438785616z1.png

Here you go.

101cf86ad6b8d8ce6328c373d23b0b09318b5a1f.jpg

Started up Binary Domain last night after finishing ep.1 of Walking Dead. I thought it will be a run-of-the-mill b-tier game but boy it is legit!

Visually very impressive, controls nice (switched from kb/m to DS3 and it feels right). From the screens I saw of the game I thought the enemy robots look bland but this game really needs to be played to see how unique and satisfying enemies and combat really is.They fall apart sooo good.

Loving the voice cast's work as well. Bo is already a cool guy in my book. Not using mic for commands but I like the pretty inventive system.

WYG7r7Q.jpg

Even the menu oozes style

8KPfKPi.gif

Fell immediately in love way during the intro. Reminds me of GitS in the best way.

tj7LeAC.gif

It's a cutscene but believe me, it is exactly the same during combat.

aEAtCdU.gif

Welcome indeed. This is gonna be a fun ride!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Started up Binary Domain last night after finishing ep.1 of Walking Dead. I thought it will be a run-of-the-mill b-tier game but boy it is legit!

Visually very impressive, controls nice (switched from kb/m to DS3 and it feels right). From the screens I saw of the game I thought the enemy robots look bland but this game really needs to be played to see how unique and satisfying enemies and combat really is.They fall apart sooo good.

Loving the voice cast's work as well. Bo is already a cool guy in my book. Not using mic for commands but I like the pretty inventive system.

8KPfKPi.gif

Fell immediately in love way during the intro. Reminds me of GitS in the best way.

tj7LeAC.gif

It's a cutscene but believe me, it is exactly the same during combat.

aEAtCdU.gif

Oh my, if you're enjoying it at the start, you're in for a fun ride. It gets much, much better.

Dr Dogg

MGSV - Quiet trailer from TGS 2014 (with a few new bits) up in 4K, 60fps [except not 4K due to YouTube only supporting 1080p@60 or 1440p@30 unless this is taking a really long time to convert]

Linky - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBitXh82qT0&feature=youtu.be

Man that Mafia 3 gameplay looks like GTA in 60s/70s than Mafia. :( I don't feel Mafia vibe at all.

Well new devs, new focus. Also Haden Blackman of The Force Unleashed fame is head of Hangar 13, the new studio doing Mafia III, so read into that as you will.

derExperte

Reading an Intel Skylake review, seems like my 2500K is safe for yet another year. In some CPU-heavy games like Total War or GTAV the differences are becoming bigger but I'm still far away from getting bottle-necked.

Though looking at the prices of some my components on the used-market....

AHA-Lambda

Got to ask, and may be a silly question, I know it's not the same as the Yakuza games but was made by the same dev team.
If I hated Yakuza will I like BD?

Man that Mafia 3 gameplay looks like GTA in 60s/70s than Mafia. :( I don't feel Mafia vibe at all.

At a glance, it certainly was GTA in a different time period. I hope it can diverge itself from this comparison. At least the melee gameplay is certainly different.

Tizoc

Got to ask, and may be a silly question, I know it's not the same as the Yakuza games but was made by the same dev team.

BD plays nothing like Yakuza, this is a 3rd person shooter game, whereas Yakuza is a beat'em-up with RPG elements.

Dr Dogg

Reading an Intel Skylake review, seems like my 2500K is safe for yet another year. In some CPU-heavy games like Total War or GTAV the differences are becoming bigger but I'm still far away from getting bottle-necked.

I don't know why folks were getting their hopes up. Same story for Intel CPU's as it has been for ages, slight boost in in IPC, slightly more on TDP and slightly more heat. Been like that since Sandy.Some nice new additions with a new platform but in terms of gaming will probably make fuck all difference in 99% of titles if you have a decent Sandy sample or newer. In fact as someone that has a Kentsfield, Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Hawsell-E selection of CPU's to hand to see the difference between each first hand I think I'm good on the CPU front for at least 5 years. But hey there are some looney's who buy i7's for gaming not even having a clue what Hyperthreading does let alone how next to nonexistant it's taken advantage of in any application let alone gaming.

Admodieus

Binary Domain is an incredibly underrated game. Gets better and better as it goes along. Now I kind of want to re-install it and re-play it...

Well that MGS5 trailer was pretty baller.

Can't wait for the base video today.

Nice plot.

I'm probably LTTP, but it definitely looks like Boss has some scars from stitches/surgery on his face around the 'horn' area at the end of that clip.

Sarcasm

Cheers. Installed it now, and W10 is... Surprisingly not-shite. Cortana apparently doesn't work in my country despite using english Windows.

GJ MS, GJ.

It is your selected region. Works for wife and I in Taiwan.

Also need some of that privacy stuff enabled and non-local account.

Hektor

You should ask yourself if you like third person shooter. If you do, then there is no reason not to play this game.

[

Binary BOmain is one of the best TPS ive ever played and one of the best gaming surprises for me in recent years. Glad you enjoy it. Because this game flopped badly. We need to #spreadthelove.

Also Cain is da best designed character in a shooter ever,

Dr Dogg

Nice plot.

I'm probably LTTP, but it definitely looks like Boss has some scars from stitches/surgery on his face around the 'horn' area at the end of that clip.

Quite a bit late as the initial version of the trailer was released last year :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywkFVKGgbQ

Then again MGSV was just a console title in the eyes of the public.

There are some new additions though in the Nvidia version such as the posters saying "Big Boss is watching you" stuck up around Mother Base.

derExperte

I don't know why folks were getting their hopes up. Same story for Intel CPU's as it has been for ages, slight boost in in IPC, slightly more on TDP and slightly more heat. Been like that since Sandy.Some nice new additions with a new platform but in terms of gaming will probably make fuck all difference in 99% of titles if you have a decent Sandy sample or newer. In fact as someone that has a Kentsfield, Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Hawsell-E selection of CPU's to hand to see the difference between each first hand I think I'm good on the CPU front for at least 5 years. But hey there are some looney's who buy i7's for gaming not even having a clue what Hyperthreading does let alone how next to nonexistant it's taken advantage of in any application let alone gaming.

So you're collecting SSDs and CPUs? Pls send a Haswell my way if you don't need it anymore.

But it might make sense financially. I got some (useless) high-end RAM for cheap which I could sell for double of what the same amount of DDR4 would cost and the 2nd hand prices for the 2500K are still okay too. Only thing I would take an almost complete loss on would be the mainboard. On the other side a 6700K is unreasonably more expensive than the 6600K and it would feel wrong to go from 4-cores to 4-cores after almost five years. HT doesn't do a lot for gamers but it's still something new I could use as justification.

Binary Domain is amazing, loved it.
5 out of 5 redheads

Marow

Binary Domain! I finished it yesterday and it was a blast. Such a good game. Also, I can't put my finger on why, but it feels like a lost Dreamcast title. Or arcade.

It was thanks to everyone here I decided to give it a go, so thanks \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom