• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vxqfl94.png

Classy.

Dr Dogg

So you're collecting SSDs and CPUs? Pls send a Haswell my way if you don't need it anymore.

But it might make sense financially. I got some (useless) high-end RAM for cheap which I could sell for double of what the same amount of DDR4 would cost and the 2nd hand prices for the 2500K are still okay too. Only thing I would take an almost complete loss on would be the mainboard. On the other side a 6700K is unreasonably more expensive than the 6600K and it would feel wrong to go from 4-cores to 4-cores after almost five years. HT doesn't do a lot for gamers but it's still something new I could use as justification.

Yeah I'm pretty shit when it comes to parting with my old PC's. I did give my mum my old P3 box almost 9 years ago which I think she still uses today.

I've always been the kind to only upgrade when there's something I want to play that my current hardware can't which at the moment really isn't anything. Work has driven me to more upgrades than gaming and if you do anything like rendering or video encoding that extra £100 outlay for an i7 mainstream CPU pretty much pays for itself in about a week and afterwards you make gains in less time spent waiting and more time being productive. Games though I can think of 3 off the top of my head that you get a meaningful big boost from Hyperthreading and that's MP in BF3 & 4 and late game Civ V.

I mean fair enough a few modern engines are showing some promise regards to parallel processing like Watch Dogs, AC Unity and Frostbite titles off the top of my head but none of them need an 8 core, 16 thread CPU to run above 60fps with every CPU dependant feature smacked up. And again extra physical core make a bigger difference than logical ones. But then you look at something like Far Cry 4 which hits the graphics driver hard and pretty much maxes out one core, about half load on another and barely touches the remaining cores so IPS is far more important than core count in titles like that. Maybe games might require 6+ cores in the future but the rate tech moves on when that time comes hopefully there will be a mainstream 8 core CPU.

But hey we all like new shiny things right? And if you need to upgrade then no point waiting for tomorrow if you actually need to and not just want to.

I dont likethat horn on big boss, its dumb.

I'm waiting for the context in relation to the story to determine if it's dumb or not. I think it's pretty clear the 'horn' or shrapnel or whatever it is is pretty integral to story on some metaphoric level.

Or it's just a fucking piece of shrapnel.

Jawmuncher

The shrapnel has to be related to something because in mgs4
big boss has no scar from that. Might just be shitty writing and a retain though

101cf86ad6b8d8ce6328c373d23b0b09318b5a1f.jpg

Started up Binary Domain last night after finishing ep.1 of Walking Dead. I thought it will be a run-of-the-mill b-tier game but boy it is legit!

Visually very impressive, controls nice (switched from kb/m to DS3 and it feels right). From the screens I saw of the game I thought the enemy robots look bland but this game really needs to be played to see how unique and satisfying enemies and combat really is.They fall apart sooo good.

Loving the voice cast's work as well. Bo is already a cool guy in my book. Not using mic for commands but I like the pretty inventive system.

Yup, game is legit.
When I played it I had no idea it had multiple endings, kinda blew my mind when I realized. It's not just the ending, last fights and respective cutscenes change as well.
I ended up getting the ending where
the protag hooks up with Faye
which is all that matters. Damn, she's so hot.

big boss has no scar from that. Might just be shitty writing and a retain though

Nanomachines, son.

I dont likethat horn on big boss, its dumb. Mafia 3 looks cool, i didnt get to finish 2 since i lost my save and theres no way i was restarting from the beginning, ill have to youtube the rest

Also for all you waifu lovers (besides chariot, already sent him a link on steam): http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1090644
Vxqfl94.png

“Embark on a chest-expanding adventure,” the teaser website reads. A new roguelike RPG of wondrous chest sizes begins.”

No more childsplay. They going right at their fanbase. Full-frontal.

Dr Dogg

BB's Shrapnel Horn™ is just like Tony Stark's Arc Reactor in his chest. Without it he'd be dead. Funnily if you look in the trailer released the other day in one clip it look much, much larger than in every other scene so don't know it that's Big Boss going nuts or if he's had a horn trimming at some point.

Something, something, nanomachines.

Kojima's midichlorians.

Edit: Damn it Dragon1893!

Just watched the Cg trailer and gameplay footage of Mafia III. Dunno, I'd rather have classic Italian mafia but whatever.
Vietnam is a cool topic and I'd like to see more in games. Will be probably only flashbacks. Sadly.

Looks like a lot of action.

emQGEDf.gif

dex3108

Just watched the Cg trailer and gameplay footage of Mafia III. Dunno, I'd rather have classic Italian mafia but whatever.
Vietnam is a cool topic and I'd like to see more in games. Will be probably only flashbacks. Sadly.

emQGEDf.gif

I like city atmosphere but i still don't feel Mafia vibe.

I like city atmosphere but i still don't feel Mafia vibe.
Yeah. Just rewatched Goodfellas a week ago, so I'd like a bit more "classic" mafia. But hey, it's just been revealed. They have to show snazzy stuff. Atmospheric, slow mafia footage will likely come later.

MUnited83

For you.
Developed of Project Night says he is going to remove the game from the Steam store due to the bad reviews. If you are a colector you should get it now.

Also, if someone can copy/paste the announcement it would be appreciated, im on mobile right now.

Phawx

Hello Steam friends. My quick look (mostly just to see if it's a decent port) of Fairy Fencer F just went up. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WMBxbkxn8

They did a good job. Might still need some Durante magic, but at the very least you should be able to force some settings in nVidia or AMD control panel for things like AF and AA.

Edit: Oh, also I got beat on the additional steam code to give away. PR guy said that he would give it to another reviewer. Sorry!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Developed of Project Night says he is going to remove the game from the Steam store due to the bad reviews. If you are a colector you should get it now.

Also, if someone can copy/paste the announcement it would be appreciated, im on mobile right now.

"I'm going to remove Project Night from Steam..."

AUGUST 5 - RICCARDO.DEIAS
Hello guys.
First of all i want to say thank you to everyone who support me in last years.
I want say thank you to every video gamer that sended me positive or negative feedbacks.
I really appreciated your comments (not so much the insult or kidding, but, that's the life of an indie developer).
Before to think about this situation, i've waited until 50% of people like the game.
Sadly, some months ago the percentage drop under 30%.
So, i think that i've to accept that.
Feedback is not enough positive, so, i've choose to remove the game from Steam.
Now, i'm working on a smaller game.
Anyway, i'm going to reinvest your money in my next project, and i'll probably will launch a small kickstarter campaign before the end of this year.
Now, i've to say goodbye to Steam community.
Thank you for everything and see you soon.

MaxiLive

emQGEDf.gif

Does the rear view mirror turn into action cam when there acre explosions? :eek:

I think Mafia III is looking pretty good and reminds me of Driver :D Hopefully the on foot combat isn't half as bad as it was in those games.

Momentary

Banned
I love how companies call things pre-alpha and they are damn near full blown working models. With voice professional voice acting and everything already implemented. These look more like mid to late stage alpha footage. That includes Scalebound or whatever it's called.

I think pre-alpha is a new buzzword for companies to cover their asses during presentations and so that their rabid fanbase can repeat that word to people who throw constructive criticism towards developers presenting their products publicly. I feel like if a company is willing to show alpha and beta footage they are open to criticism as well.

I'm part of a pre-alpha development since build 0. It's over 30 builds in and it's far from even being called an alpha. I don't know. Seeing the development of a game from the ground up really kind of opened my eyes a bit to some things.

dex3108

Yeah. Just rewatched Goodfellas a week ago, so I'd like a bit more "classic" mafia. But hey, it's just been revealed. They have to show snazzy stuff. Atmospheric, slow mafia footage will likely come later.

That's the issue. Reveal was really weak. And we won't see anything new until 2016.

I think pre-alpha is a new buzzword for companies to cover their asses during presentations and so that their rabid fanbase can repeat that word to people who throw constructive criticism towards developers presenting their products publicly.

I still dont understand why some fans even defend shitty trailers/"pre alpha gameplay". In almost all cases where the beta gameplay e.g. is already bad, fans will still say "still 4 months till its released. It will still change!"

Edit: I remember one year ago I said "The Division" wont look like that. It looks far too advanced for our current GPUs and people said that in 1 year when it would come out, it wont be a problem. Of course what they showed off is real! Hater!

Dr Dogg

"Watch our new trailer with Exclusive Pre-Alpha footage. Preorder now to be guaranteed Beta access". Yeah development stages haven't been diminished to marketing buzzwords at all.

"Watch our new trailer with Exclusive Pre-Alpha footage. Preorder now to be guaranteed Beta access". Yeah development stages haven't been diminished to marketing buzzwords at all.

they when they have a real beta and it goes BOOM people whine about it because they feel their preorder entitled them to a perfectly playable beta.

I still can't get over how people got so pissed at the SFV beta.

Momentary

Banned
they when they have a real beta and it goes BOOM people whine about it because they feel their preorder entitled them to a perfectly playable beta.

I still can't get over how people got so pissed at the SFV beta.

I don't know. Constructive criticism is fine. It's what they want. But people whining about not being able to online and cursing Capcom's name missed the point of the test.

Jawmuncher

Well, in MGS4 they
rebuild his entire body by using parts from clones, it's a time where you can turn a man into a cyborg and than turning him human again, like showed with Raiden. So surgery can be evoluted. I wouldn't take as example MGS4 BB. Also is totally possible you don't control BB in the game at all and that's it just another clone, maybe the first clone created before Les Enfants Terrible project.

For my ridiculous game series, stuff is just a bit too ridiculous.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
how about any good diablo clones with controller support? I had to pick up diablo 3 on my PS4 because there was no other way to play the game with a controller : /

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
how about any good diablo clones with controller support? I had to pick up diablo 3 on my PS4 because there was no other way to play the game with a controller : /

I haven't played it so I can't say if it really fits the bill or not, but Forced is an isometric action-RPG that you can play with a controller.

Also Victor Vran, as lashman mentions below ;)

Dungeon Siege III, I liked it quite a lot.

shit, i forgot i had that. But i remember the coop being really weird with that game.

I played it coop and didn't had any serious problems, except for the camera going a bit wonky a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom