• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4yjUTammNk

yarny .. i love you

e9tG7un.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I stand corrected then, so IG were taksed with working on the PC port but they hadn't put much time into working on it?
When did IG start working on KI after Double Helix?

IG took over development of Killer Instinct circa last March.

Arthea

there is no FFF OT and no talk here too?
must be my luck

I have very strange problem with FFF, fps are locked at 60, I double checked ini file, but a game runs at 30 and it's not even stable. It's not exactly powerhouse of a game, not sure what could be causing this. I checked steam boards and some people have stable 60 fps, and their specs aren't better than my, baffling.
All my other games are fine, so I'm not sure what's causing this.
Also borderless mode is not centred on the screen for some reason so I play in fullscreen mode for now, so annoying.

Don't. Watch the Unravel and Mirror's Edge trailers and you're fine.
Oh. That boring?
What a lovely atmosphere the game oozes.
Man, this is incredible! Reminds me of the Mako :D

I am really surprised that Elite is developing so much faster than Star Citizen. When I first heard about both, SC made a lot more money and had much more media coverage which made me think Elite is maybe gonna stumble but so far I am surprised by Elite.

Really great times for space lovers.

Zeknurn

I got a key too. Thanks for the headsup JustLynx.

Oh. That boring?

It was a EA press conference. Aside from Unravel everything is so devoid of creativity or any risk taking.

If you want to see the Sims 4 lady end her segment with clapping her hands and a bunch of people run onto the stage and dance to UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ music go right ahead.

Lain

Kept trying to do that Hyper Fighter giveaway thing, and once I got a key, turns out I already had the game.

You know the drill on how to get it.

If you'd told me this was gonna be playable visuals back when I was shooting up aliens in Turrican II on Amiga, I'd have called you crazy.

What times we live in.

Most people take it all for granted. Hell, most people only complain that it's not good enough.

But yeah, as someone who started on the Commodore 64 I agree it has been quite a ride.

Re-downloaded Dark Souls 2. Glad to see my saves are still there.

Damn I'm rusty.

everyone needs to stop fooling themselves thinking MGSV will make any lick of more sense by playing the previous games

it's gonna be a nonsensical crazy fun trainwreck regardless

And I can't wait.

Just watched the Scalebound footage.

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

If this doesn't get a PC port down the line this might very be well the one thing that sells me on a Xbone.

In my opinion Death To Spies 2 was great. I trust that they will do a good job again with this one.

Agreed on Scalebound. I didn't know there was a second Death to Spies. I'll wish list it for the next steam sale.

everyone needs to stop fooling themselves thinking MGSV will make any lick of more sense by playing the previous games

it's gonna be a nonsensical crazy fun trainwreck regardless

I don't get your point.
Of course it will make more sense to people who played MGS3 and PW.
Will it still be completely over the top ridiculous and nonsensical? Yes.
But these 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm actually hoping that V will keep it a little more simple like MGS3.
I doubt it'll be as convoluted as 2 and 4.

Dr Dogg

Scalebound looks like How to Train Your Dragon: All Grown Up Edition with a really dodgy framerate and an abysmal UI. But it's a Kamiya title so I'll probably buy it like the sheep that I am despite not even owning an Xbone.

Tizoc

lol

There goes their chance to even try to compete with the Legacy Collection. Who's gonna bother with a half-assed Mega Man wannabe when you can get the real deal?

Inafune should really just stop.

I find it funny that people have sentiments like this now when back when this was on KS it was considered the greatest thing ever to happen to Megaman.

Hektor

I think no one knows that for sure.
My bet is the horn is just a stone stucked in BB's head, while the time passes, the stone is expelled. Probably it's even a metaphone, the time passes, you proceed in the game doing crappy things, you become evil, so the stone symbolizes a horn.
BB=The Devil

I'd say thats already a fact because

Trailer spoilers:
They had Snake literally saying "im already a demon" after kaz said that "they were sent to hell but need to go even deeper" in one of the trailers.

And they showed an Xray of Snakes head with that thing stuck in it, while showing the line "Men become demons" after he shot some kids and was called "Punished Snake: The fallen legend".

That is as subtle as a david cage movie.

Scalebound looks like How to Train Your Dragon: All Grown Up Edition with a really dodgy framerate and an abysmal UI. But it's a Kamiya title so I'll probably buy it like the sheep that I am despite not even owning an Xbone.

The game is still a long way off.
The UI will still undergo lots of iterations and hopefully the frame-rate will improve.
They can also come up with a more interesting design for the protagonist while they're at it.
I don't have any plans to buy a X1 so I hope this comes to PC eventually, despite the slower pace of the combat compared to their other games it looks great.

Marow

I got a few Bit.Trip games that's been lying around in my inventory for ages. I'll set up a Modbot in a short while!

Dr Dogg

The game is still a long way off.
The UI will still undergo lots of iterations and hopefully the frame-rate will improve.
They can also come up with a more interesting design for the protagonist while they're at it.
I don't have any plans to buy a X1 so I hope this comes to PC eventually, despite the slower pace of the combat compared to their other games it looks great.

Well you know first impressions count. With so many things all vying for our attention these days you normally only have once chance to grab some people hence why when stuff is usually shown off it polished to the extent of bullshittery because if they actually show off the game in its current state no one would buy it.

Then there comes the problem of trying to assess a game, which for the most part, is an active form of entertainment unlike films, music and literature which are pretty much passive (no turning the page doesn't count as active participation). So a video, trailer, developer walkthrough, whatever really doesn't give all that much feedback as to how the game play let alone controls. Not that it matters much as some folks will jizz their pants over just a teaser trailer with some pretentious text on the screen before a slow fadeout reveals the title logo.

Fuck me and I called frost grumpy, what a miserable bastard I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom