• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

okTwpuv.jpg

Stellaris

---

Mount & Blade 2 has weather, crafting, siege weapons, and more

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Gamescom Gameplay Video
My life will be over once these release. I will never set a foot outaide again.

still can't get over them not fixing the slowdown in the MM games due to wanting those games to be authentic. Cmon now, you can be authentic and not play like ass.

The speedrunning community would disagree with you.

it's the 5 game in 6 years for the series if youre counting western releases

Demon's Souls 2010
Dark Souls 2011
Dark Souls II 2014
Bloodborne 2015
(Dark Souls II SOTFS 2015)
Dark Souls III 2016

The time between Demon's Souls original release and DS1 seemed fine, as was the time between DSI and DSII. However, the last 3 games coming so close to one another is leaving me fatigued with the series and I haven't even played DSII and BB yet.

Bloodborne is not truly part of the series. Extremely different vibe in terms of story/environment (it's almost like a horror game ... I get tension the way that I did with Dead Space and The Evil Within while playing it, the art direction and overall design is just amazing) and while the combat mechanics share in the Souls roots, they very different mechanics.

Furthermore, you're counting the GOTY edition of DS2 as if it were a completely new game.

Adjusting your list, it's the 4th Souls game in 6 years.
Demon's Souls 2010
Dark Souls 2011
Dark Souls II 2014
Dark Souls III 2016

And beyond that, not everyone has a PS3 or a PS4, so that further limits the exposure of people to these FROM titles.

The PC version that wasn't definite, right?
Or the PC version that will be shown off and then be downgraded at release in 8-10 months?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Red Hood dlc for Batman is so bad, goddamn! Not a single bit of effort put in. Fight, loading screen, predator, load, fight, done. The quality of the dlc so far is laughable

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
its silly but actually yes, I can work with that. but when it can breath fire AND you can damage it with fire even a little thats where you lose me. it shouldn't be able to be damaged by fire if that thing spews it out 24/7. how has it not gotten to the point where they just go "oh you trying to damage me with fire? I eat that shit bro, come at me"

so like what Lolcomin said. >_>

Its not like animals have consistent constant qualities all the way throughout.

If you tap a turtle on the back it'll hurt it significantly less than if you tap it on the head.

If you punch me in the arm it'll have muchh less affect than if you punch me in the gut.

If fire touches a dragons scales, it hurts it more than shooting fire out of its mouth. It could be as simple as the dragons saliva is fire retardant, the inner coating of the mouth is fire proof or has no pain receptors, or many other reasons. I mean, if a game has a dragon it already is fantastical enough that there are really reasonable and logical reasons why it might not hurt their mouth, but would hurt elsewhere.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wait, have you actually gotten to play it? =/

It's the PS4 version. I'm one of those idiots that bought the season pass. Just warning/informing people that the currently released dlc for the game is pretty bad. Batgirl is the best so far, but that's not saying much. I was surprised that Red Hood was put out in that state, it's a joke

Lunaniem

Red Hood dlc for Batman is so bad, goddamn! Not a single bit of effort put in. Fight, loading screen, predator, load, fight, done. The quality of the dlc so far is laughable

It's a shame how little you can use other characters at the moment given the different move sets.

Harley Quinn DLC is pretty much the same.

Buraindo

Both are looking great and I'm surprised to see that much footage of Bannerlord.
After what, two and a half years now? I'm really glad to see that it's still alive. Now to wait for more information on diplomacy.
Dark Souls 3 looking as good as I hoped and, while it's way too soon to say, it seems like they fixed a lot of the poor design choices made in 2.

AHA-Lambda

It's the PS4 version. I'm one of those idiots that bought the season pass. Just warning/informing people that the currently released dlc for the game is pretty bad. Batgirl is the best so far, but that's not saying much. I was surprised that Red Hood was put out in that state, it's a joke

Heh, so am I, and I can't even play it!

From everything I've seen though it's probably the worst value season pass I've ever seen. All the lack of content of SoM's season pass but with a 50% price increase!

Its not like animals have consistent constant qualities all the way throughout.

If you tap a turtle on the back it'll hurt it significantly less than if you tap it on the head.

If you punch me in the arm it'll have muchh less affect than if you punch me in the gut.

If fire touches a dragons scales, it hurts it more than shooting fire out of its mouth. It could be as simple as the dragons saliva is fire retardant, the inner coating of the mouth is fire proof or has no pain receptors, or many other reasons. I mean, if a game has a dragon it already is fantastical enough that there are really reasonable and logical reasons why it might not hurt their mouth, but would hurt elsewhere.

you guys are really sticking with that eh? fine, steamgaf wins this one, but my beef with dragons isn't over yet! ill find some franchise where the lore won't allow for this and I'll strike back claiming thats how all dragons work just so i win lmfaoo

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Heh, so am I, and I can't even play it!

From everything I've seen though it's probably the worst value season pass I've ever seen. All the lack of content of SoM's season pass but with a 50% price increase!

It should be online... The 1989 pack isn't out yet, but they just put out new skins and that piece of dlc. Will say that the 1939 first appearance skin is great. But it's so lame that they're putting out all these extra skins when most of the players have already completed or even 100%'d the game.

Phinor

Wait a minute, G2A held a conference at GC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPcRyiRFRaE

WTF? Real world is becoming a parody of.. something undescribable. I love it. It's literally a site that asks more money to protect you from scammers on their own site. They have a section dedicated to grey market business in their press conference and they keep announcing partnerships left and right.

G2A - making shady into legal and mainstream since.. whenever they opened their shop.

Knurek

Oh god, HyperDuck SoundWorks did the score for Penny Arcade 4?

People, get on the game, really. Screw Uematsu, screw Sakimoto, screw Shimomura, this is the real deal!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So there is always a risk buying here for this reason. It's like a person doing a scam on Ebay, the different thing is, if you got scammed on Ebay you got scammed and that's all,

If you get scammed on eBay, you get a refund. You always have. eBay is extremely good at refunding buyers. For free.

Caerith

you guys are really sticking with that eh? fine, steamgaf wins this one, but my beef with dragons isn't over yet! ill find some franchise where the lore won't allow for this and I'll strike back claiming thats how all dragons work just so i win lmfaoo

I'll load this in the chamber for when you do.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Senran Kagura producer sees Nep Nep, etc, selling like hotcakes, wants a piece of that Sakura pie. Openly supports modding.

Niche Gamer: Recently XSEED has put out more and more games on PC. We have a lot of hardcore PC fans who want to see Senran Kagura on PC. What are the chances of that ever happening?

Takaki: It is something that I always think about daily, like how do we create it. I’m not sure at this point if I can bring Estival Versus over to the PC.

I would love for the fans to create their own mods, and just go crazy on their creativity. I can’t really say if it will happen on Estival Versus, but it is something that I have on my mind, and how to make it work.

Lain

Oh god, HyperDuck SoundWorks did the score for Penny Arcade 4?

People, get on the game, really. Screw Uematsu, screw Sakimoto, screw Shimomura, this is the real deal!

*adds user to THE list*

I only miss 3 games from that indiegala bundle and only 1 is on my wishlist.... I'll have to think about it.

The speedrunning community would disagree with you.

they could have a slowdown-free option at least. I'm not opposed to an authentic version just the lack of options.

Bloodborne is not truly part of the series. Extremely different vibe in terms of story/environment (it's almost like a horror game ... I get tension the way that I did with Dead Space and The Evil Within while playing it, the art direction and overall design is just amazing) and while the combat mechanics share in the Souls roots, they very different mechanics.

Furthermore, you're counting the GOTY edition of DS2 as if it were a completely new game.

Adjusting your list, it's the 4th Souls game in 6 years.
Demon's Souls 2010
Dark Souls 2011
Dark Souls II 2014
Dark Souls III 2016

And beyond that, not everyone has a PS3 or a PS4, so that further limits the exposure of people to these FROM titles.

Eh, considering that Dark Souls III is pulling from the mechanical changes introduced in BB i think it's fair play to consider it a Souls game. At its very least it's a spinoff. And I didn't count SOTFS in my list, i put it in parenthesis on the list because i thought it at least worth mentioning in regards to series fatigue.

But i'll grant you that not everyone owned a PS3 and PS4 so there are folks out there who aren't as tired. It's just, man, each of those games leaves me so drained at the end that I need a year or two off just to not feel like someone beat me with a hammer a thousand times.

MUnited83

For you.
Personally I would take two Souls games a year easily. I won't ever get bored or full of them for a long , long time.
Gimme more!

Miff

First time doing this, hope I've done it right. Set it to 24hrs to give everyone who wants to, a chance to enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fairy Fencer F -- MB-35325F934E167452 - Taken by Ventara. 96 entrants total.

t1438881137z1.png

Lolcomin

Banned
Only going to pre order just cause 3 cause I know that I'll have fun.

Liked what I played in Souls 2, magic build, so I'm on the lookout for 3.
Gamescom behind the scenes said fallout 4 plays like a recycled fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom